A question to any VIC members from a n00b

Remove this Banner Ad

Lady's, gentlemen, legends..

Next week marks the first Crows game in Melbourne for the year, and for me the first time as a VIC member attending a game. I have my membership cards, but I have no idea what I am supposed to do with them..

Do we need to aquire tickets to the game, or is there a gate where said season tickets get us in?

Whats the go?

Thanks.

Isn't Gate 2 for MCC members? I have either gone in gate 1 and sat behind the goals in the Ponsford Stand or gate 3 and sat under cover on the flank of the Olympic Stand.

Thought we were told to go through gate 2 for the games against Melbourne and Hawthorn, could be wrong. At any rate we were sitting behind the goals and there were announcements.

At Etihad there's nothing, you just have to know that you'll be sitting in level 3.

The Vic membership has always seemed really expensive to me - It's always cheaper to rock up on the day and buy general admission (which, in Melbourne, you can do any game without an issue)

I will be at the MCG next week with my Mum who is coming down from Brisbane... It's my birthday next week so it's a bit of a present kind of thing -

I have never had to go in any gate in particular at either venue.

MCG:
Most (all?) of level 4 is general admission (apart from MCC obviously). Scan any gate and sit where you like. I always go to the Olympic stand and manage a good seat close to the front and around near the MCC which is pretty much on the wing.

There is also usually some GenAdmit seating behind the goals on level 1 if you're into that thing.

Etihad Stadium:
All of level 3 is General Admission. Scan any gate and sit where you like. Alternatively, go to a ticket booth and ask for a ticket to sit in a Crows area on level 1. I did this last year and got a seat in the pocket. They didn't charge me anything, though I think normally you are supposed to pay a small fee.

At either venue you can also pay to upgrade to the "prawn sandwich" seats on level 2 if you prefer not to sit with the great unwashed.

The Vic membership has always seemed really expensive to me - It's always cheaper to rock up on the day and buy general admission (which, in Melbourne, you can do any game without an issue)

I've been a Vic member for a number of years now. At first it was good value for money. We would usually get at least six, possibly seven games here. Now though, we only get five, and last year one of them was at Geelong for which these days the membership is basically useless. Plus, the price has gone up. They have introduced a few extra perks to make it seem more value for money, but ultimately the reason I still get it is to feel a part of the club and support it in whatever little way I can. There is just something that feels good about walking up to the gate and whipping out your membership card and waltzing on in.

It does allow you priority access to finals tickets or tickets to home games for our own "away trips" though which is handy.

Looks like I won't be the only one making the trek... I tried to get tickets in the Ponsford stand on ground level, but that proved impossible (even the day tickets went on sale). So through ticketek, I got tickets though what they called "Away team premium", which has me sitting directly behind the goals on the Ponsford Stand level 2. Anyone else around this section?

So General Admission at the G is not assigned seating?? I have 2 afl passes into the ground but will need to buy a 3rd ticket for another mate . Will we be able to sit together?

So General Admission at the G is not assigned seating?? I have 2 afl passes into the ground but will need to buy a 3rd ticket for another mate . Will we be able to sit together?

The only time I've ever had assigned seating at the MCG with general admission was in the Prelim Final against Hawthorn last year (5 rows from the top!) -

Even for the semi-final against Collingwood I was able to sit wherever in GA (third level, but nothing 'assigned' as such)

I imagine if your two afl pass tickets are able to be used as general admission, you won't have a problem sitting with your mate

cheers for the replies guys.

looking at the stadium map (which appears to be different for carlton games), it looks like there may be GA seating around the goals of each side. can someone confirm if i'm reading this right?

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Seating Plans.aspx?camefrom=EMCL_69787_4273112

Unfortunately those maps aren't great, as they only show the category of seating (price point to purchase individual tickets) rather than what is for members and what is general admission. But if you are looking to sit behind the goals then you should have no problem at all. Level one has some bays in the cheaper section that are still exclusively for members, but the ones directly behind the goals are usually fine.

When you arrive, find a bay you want to sit in. Often they will have signs as you go to walk down to say if they are members areas or not. If your chosen area is for members only then the... ahem, friendly... staff will point you in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump

Rnd 1 2018 @ Docklands v Essendon - Friday night

Will this game sell out? I would have to think it would be close to it? Crows have only ever play infront of >40k at Docklands on four previous occasions, with 47k against Collingwood being the largest

But new season, Friday night, Essendon up and about with three new recruits - Adelaide fans travel in numbers - it will certainly give 47k a shake

If it does sell out, will my General Admission Victorian Membership get me entry in the game? As it stands I only get charged per game after I scan my bardcode upon entry -

Bump

Will this game sell out? I would have to think it would be close to it? Crows have only ever play infront of >40k at Docklands on four previous occasions, with 47k against Collingwood being the largest

But new season, Friday night, Essendon up and about with three new recruits - Adelaide fans travel in numbers - it will certainly give 47k a shake

If it does sell out, will my General Admission Victorian Membership get me entry in the game? As it stands I only get charged per game after I scan my bardcode upon entry -
Should do

Bump

Often they'll ask you to book seats for certain matches that are likely to sellout. Can book online using membership barcode.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back