A small survey: Suicide

Remove this Banner Ad

Questions:

1. Age/Gender

20 MALE

2. Have you ever considered about attempting a suicide?

a) Yes
b) No
c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious

2b. Only answer to this question if you answered yes, a) in the previous question.
Did your suicide thoughts include serious depression?

a) Yes
b) No

2c. Only answer to this question if you answered yes a) in question 2.
Did you think about attempting a suicide in the last 6 months?

a) Yes
b) No

3. Do you think suicide is acceptable?

a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life.
b) No. Never.
c) If there are good reasons behind it, etc. religious or ethic reasons.
Note: Euthanasia isn't included in these reasons, or in this whole survey.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
No

WZA said:
it's weak, a cheap way out and pathetic. If you think about it, i have no respect for you and i won't be sensitive, i refuse to be. And if someone you know has done it, i won't feel sorry for you or tell you i'm sorry, because i'm not.

Do you feel sorry for someone who develops cancer and dies? Would you feel sorry for a mate who dies from a brain tumour?

Depression, the number one cause of suicide, is a DISEASE like these and is NOT the fault of the person who has it, just like other physical diseases. Unless you call those who die of physical diseases weak and pathetic, then I don't think you can call those who die of mental diseases weak and pathetic.

Questions:

1. Age/Gender

29 MALE

a) Yes
b) No

2b. Only answer to this question if you answered yes, a) in the previous question.

a) Yes
b) No

2c. Only answer to this question if you answered yes a) in question 2.
Did you think about attempting a suicide in the last 6 months?

a) Yes
b) No

b) No. Never.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
Yes...someone I knew for 6 years...not a close friend though

1} Age/Genger? 29 - Male
2} Have you ever considered attempting suicide? No.
3} Do you think suicide is acceptable? For me personally, no.
4} Has someone you know well ever committed suicide? Yes.

Notes:
2} I personally haven't got to that stage yet, although I have gotten to very, very, very low points in life where absolutely nothing will go well. Thankfully I've always had something to keep my mind active whereby I don't get to that stage.
Ironically, this year has been one of my worst ones ever, but I'm generally still happy-as-larry.

3} I can't moral upon others who have been in ten times more desperate situations than I have. However, I fell terrible for family and friends who find thier loved ones once they have suicided.
I knew a bloke who came home one day and found his brother strung up by the neck on the Hills-Hoist out the back, the bloke had no idea his brother had even felt that way.
I knew another bloke who found his father hanging in the shed when he (the bloke I knew) was about 10. The father had gone to the trouble of writing him a note, asking him if he wanted to join him on a "journey", and even went to the trouble of hanging up a little noose next to him (for his son to hang next to him). That seriously messed him right up, he still is messed up, heavilly into the p*ss and choof.
I'd just hate to get into a situation where things got that bad, there was no other way out.

4} A couple of days before Christmas 1994, I was talking to a school mate that I'd known for 14-15 years in town. We had a good chat although he seemed a little pre-occupied. He shot himself in the head with a Smith & Wesson only about three hours after I'd talked to him. Needlessly to say, I was extremely shocked, and had no indication.

monarch4 said:
It's now 4 months down the track and I am as happy as larry :)
SOUTHERN TIGER said:
Ironically, this year has been one of my worst ones ever, but I'm generally still happy-as-larry

Who is this Larry and why is he so happy?

Cat_flying_high said:
Do you feel sorry for someone who develops cancer and dies? Would you feel sorry for a mate who dies from a brain tumour?

Depression, the number one cause of suicide, is a DISEASE like these and is NOT the fault of the person who has it, just like other physical diseases. Unless you call those who die of physical diseases weak and pathetic, then I don't think you can call those who die of mental diseases weak and pathetic.

Dude, i have friends who have died. It wasn't me, i'm not going to cry over something i cannot change. Are you under some illusion that i feel the need to say i'm sorry for people who die, when accutally, i'm not? How many people do you know, that when they find out someone has died and they instantly say "oh, i'm sorry", 9/10 times, they don't mean it, so why even bother? It happens all the time and you cannot change it, so don't cry over it, because it's annoying.

portentous said:
Thought you were out of this thread WZA.....we get the idea. You're a cold, heartless SOB.

He can't help himself. Although he doesn't realise it, deep down he is crying out for help. Where are you Skipper?

purplesoul said:
He can't help himself. Although he doesn't realise it, deep down he is crying out for help. Where are you Skipper?

Accutally, i'v been asked questions, i'm polite, so i answer back.

Also, you're correct, i'm crying out for help. I just can't hide it anymore ='(

1. Age/Gender 16/ Male

a) Yes
b) No

b) No. Never.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide? No!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Age/Gender - Male 35

2b.

a) Yes

2c. Did you think about attempting a suicide in the last 6 months?

b) No

b) No. Never.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide? yes - a close friend

I can understand why suicide might cross someone's mind. It has crossed mine for a fleeting moment but IMO no matter how dark your circumstances there is always light at the end of the tunnel and circumstances have to change eveuntually.

WZA said:
No. I could lose nothing more importent then my football. I'd rather my family die then lose my football. You may find that selfish or what ever, but i'm dead serious. I live for football, i have nothing else.

You don't know me, obviously, if you did, you'd understand.

If that really is true then you already have mental problems I would suggest.

I lost a brother in a car accident and have seen my team lose a Grand Final. The agony of losing my brother was 100 times worse, and that's not downplaying the disappoinment of losing the Grand Final.

1. Age/Gender

19/Male

a) Yes
b) No

b) No. Never.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide? Yes

LOL funny ******** here....Hmmm WZA, nicely said haha and Bombergal, you're always getting yourself into disagreements on BigFooty aren't ya! Maybe you should watch ur mouth, just learn to let people be, I understand WZA said something which might have been totally different to ur views..but..we're young..people don't need to have a go at us just because our views are different!

choc_a_holic said:
LOL funny ******** here....Hmmm WZA, nicely said haha and Bombergal, you're always getting yourself into disagreements on BigFooty aren't ya! Maybe you should watch ur mouth, just learn to let people be, I understand WZA said something which might have been totally different to ur views..but..we're young..people don't need to have a go at us just because our views are different!

As that flies over her head and through to the keeper...

choc_a_holic said:

You feel the same as wazza?

You would prefer your family and friends to die, rather than not play sport again?

You wouldn't shed a tear over the death of a family member or friend?

You don't feel upset at the loss of someone close to you?

WZA said:
Crrrrrrrrrry meeeeee a riiiiiiiiiiver BomberGal. Please do it, let those tears flow down. Cry me a river. I could not care any less if this topic is close to home. I do not know you, you're a poster on an internet forum, i have an opinion, freedom of speech and by having such a thing, i'll voice it. I know alot of people who have commited the Big S and every single one, were little emo MF, who annoyed the ******** out of me, with constant crying and saying they'd acctaully kill themself. It's their choice and i'm not going out of my way, to help someone who can't fix their problems, because their mentally weak. You may think i'm insensitive, but i'm just telling it like it is. When i said what i said, i knew i'd get people just like you, saying all this sh*t, you're not going to reach me, sorry hun.
Cold.

choc_a_holic said:

What the HELL are you talking about?

I keep trying to give you a chance to prove yourself, but this post just blows that all out of the window.

Are you stupid?

I'm sorry, but that post of yours appears to be mindless drivel.

*reads it again* No, it still doesn't make sense to me. Let people be? I wasn't arguing for argument's sake, I was pointing out his narrow-mindedness. I wasn't having a go at him because he's young. I was arguing because I was of the opinion that his 'belief' was unfounded. And I think you'll find HE was having a go at 'little emo MFs', too....doesn't offend you in the slightest?

Don't be stupid. I'm here on BF to have a discussion. Which is what I was trying to do. A little 15 year old telling me what to do...haha, priceless....get a clue...

*shakes head*

purplesoul said:
You feel the same as wazza?

You would prefer your family and friends to die, rather than not play sport again?

You wouldn't shed a tear over the death of a family member or friend?

You don't feel upset at the loss of someone close to you?

I have lost 3 family members, all close. Honestly, why would you cry over something that cannot be changed?

EEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOO!

BomberGal, i have a serious question. Are you delusional enough to think you're all the younger posters here, on BigFooty's, youth guidence or something. I don't know about you, but it just seems to me, that everytime one of the youngsters talk, you post straight away, giving your views and i'm guessing you're delusional enough to honestly think, you might get through to us. I personally think you need to sip on the STFU juice and let it be, because you're like a fire alarm, just beeping and annoying the hell out of me, everytime you post, please stop.

How old are you and what products do you sell? Please enlighten me, grandmother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back