A win is a win is a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

steve0908

Debutant
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne have once again created the best possible scenario for themselves and given us (the supporters) something to really get excited about. When I read about Strauss being demonized for being too injury prone I am a little bit disheartened by this but I believe that he is playing just as well as Dunn has been and producing serviceable performances each time he plays. I have to add that our team is in a great position and when we take on the cats in Darwin things will tough but what the hey; we won at Etihad! Also, we have a young list full of question marks who are brimming with potential -not to mention raw talent- and we know in time things will all be made a whole lot better by Roosy and his Sydney founded brains trust: captained by Misso.

Last edited:

Happy for the Demons fans ,and a couple of my friends . Hope it continues :)

Well done Dees! Supper happy on three accounts! 1) You beat Richmond 2) You won 3) You have decent midfield now. :thumbsu:

The midfield dominance was amazing. The difference between last night and games last year is unbelievable even from one game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep pretty sure Roosy said after the game, look it's only a nab challenge game so let's not get too carried away, but yeh we are going to win the premiership this year.
Lol, not sure if srs.

Well done fellas. Not only did you get a win, but you did it by beating a top 8 team. It may only be NAB cup, but it is Nab cup for everyone..

I especially liked the WAY you won. Ball movement, backing up and tackling. Roos may be a great RL coach in another life...

The Dees are my and my sons second team. Not much to cheer for lately, but the Dees should make interesting watching this season. Is top 8 too much to hope for? Well if Richmond can get there, so can the Dees. Roos knows how to win. Ball movement, backing up and tackling..

Sorry for intruding. Just wanted to congratulate you guys on an awesome win last night! You guys were looking pretty good. Dominated the possession of the ball, and importantly, played a game plan that was exciting to watch which will work wonders in getting people interested again. Belief is the first step. Get that, and there's no limits.

You know we did good when people who follow other clubs are congratulating us on our efforts.

The tigers weren't full strength yada yada, but we weren't either, it was fairly even if you ask me. I'm real excited to see how we play when we have our fully fit best side in.

Really good signs for you guys last night. :thumbsu:

Can't wait too see how it translates to the season proper. I've thought for a long time that the talent is there, but it needs the right structures in place …

… to achieve mediocrity.;) Can't wait to smash you when we play for real. :D

Really good signs for you guys last night. :thumbsu:

Can't wait too see how it translates to the season proper. I've thought for a long time that the talent is there, but it needs the right structures in place …

… to achieve mediocrity.;) Can't wait to smash you when we play for real. :D
Until it happens, which I believe it won't, I'm gonna hold you to it.

You know we did good when people who follow other clubs are congratulating us on our efforts.

The tigers weren't full strength yada yada, but we weren't either, it was fairly even if you ask me. I'm real excited to see how we play when we have our fully fit best side in.
Tigers were missing Riewoldt, Maric, Jackson, King, Petterd and Conca from their best 22. We were missing Garland, Dawes, Clark, Viney, Watts, Gawn and Fitzpatrick from ours, with Hogan to come in too. Definitely not an excuse for either side, and we were further from full strength than they were I'd say!

Tigers were missing Riewoldt, Maric, Jackson, King, Petterd and Conca from their best 22. We were missing Garland, Dawes, Clark, Viney, Watts, Gawn and Fitzpatrick from ours, with Hogan to come in too. Definitely not an excuse for either side, and we were further from full strength than they were I'd say!
Gee, when you put it that way, haha. That's good for our behalf though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back