Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Cox please

Simmo can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
He deserves an opportunity to rebuild from scratch.
No he doesn't because he has continuously made the same mistakes. Played underdone players and never admitted got to replace the older players as they aren't up to it anymore

Any chance he will resign on his own free will? I think that's the only way we will get rid of him.

Selling the farm for Kelly and giving Simmo a extension until 2024, top moves right there.

Any chance he will resign on his own free will? I think that's the only way we will get rid of him.

Selling the farm for Kelly and giving Simmo a extension until 2024, top moves right there.
Should see Nisbett gone too with Simpson. Kelly is a good player but he can't carry the midfield, he isn't that good. If he had a top midfielder or 2 next to him he'd be dominating again

I don't trust a Simmo rebuild he's been doing everything he can to avoid it, despite it's necessity staring him in his ******* face since mid last season. so he doesn't deserve the opportunity.
I am not sure whether it is Simmo or the message he’s getting from HQ. We’ve fallen off a huge cliff big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should see Nisbett gone too with Simpson. Kelly is a good player but he can't carry the midfield, he isn't that good. If he had a top midfielder or 2 next to him he'd be dominating again
are we really doing this? Being these sorts of fans. One of the leagues most consistent and successful clubs. Jesus you’re an entitled idiot.

are we really doing this? Being these sorts of fans. One of the leagues most consistent and successful clubs. Jesus you’re an entitled idiot.
Nisbett signed up Simpson until 2024, why? He is not a good coach so as it was his decision he goes too

Not sure how simmo survives this year to be honest.
Lots of "reasons" for the year we are having but the eagles board generally don tolerate continual belting like this.
Brisbane and Melbourne are going to be ugly losses.

We still had half our premiership team out there as well and the drop off in class from them is dramatic.

How many people are going to the next game 20,000, why would you?
Sam Mitchell was the reason we won our last flag - not Simmo, the sooner people accept that reality, the sooner we can move on.
A coaches job is to motivate, the players don’t even want to be out there. They aren’t listening to the coach ffs! It’s as plain as the nose on your face.

IMO the next coach should be someone who can.

1. Get the best out of this club with the talent there is.
2. Can implement tactics that fits with the times and have a plan B if the opposition gets on top plus to also make use of every players strengths.
3. Credits in the bank can f*ck right off. This coach should have trust in their young players if the senior player or players continue to under perform and send them to the WAFL where they have to EARN their spots back.

There's a good reason why the club underachieved during Simmo's reign. Simmo's inability to get the most out of his players in a very talented team that's capable of winning multiple flags plus his stubbornness to refuse to change the gameplan and having no plan B once the opposition is on top. The club needs a coach who can get the best out of their players and make full use of their strengths. Brad Scott is someone who got the best out of an ordinary Norf side but were eventually undone by teams with superior talent now I'm NOT saying we should get Brad Scott if Simmo gets sacked but what I'm saying is that Norf during his reign overachieved with an average squad. Imagine if the club had a coach who could get the best out of this A grade talented list.

No good having an coach that's uncompromising and expects his team to play THEIR gamestyle when in reality it doesn't suit players in the squad. Mick Malthouse done this when he was coaching Carlton after telling Ratton to f*ck off. He wanted his team to play his gamestyle when Carlton at the time didn't have the cattle to execute it properly and it made some of the players not happy for him such as M.Robinson, J.Garlett and C,Yarran who all left the Blues.

Underachieving Eagles under Simmo should've achieved more with a coach who can get the most of his highly talented team while being able to adapt. If we had that type of coach then...

• 2014 we should've made finals at least.
  • We should've won it in 2015.
  • We should've gotten deeper in 2016 and heck even won it as well. Should've never lost to the Dogs at home.
  • Despite having a midfield that's damaging with ball in hand but slow to run the otherway I reckon we should've made it deeper in 2017 if not won it.
  • Skip to 2019 where we should've went back to back especially if Rioli didn't get done for weed which should be legal IMO unless proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it actually enhances the player. The club got Tim Kelly which they failed to maximize his potential here.
  • Make it deep into finals in 2020 and even threepeat.
  • Also making deep in 2021 and possibly winning it due to it being in Optus where this team would match up well against the Dees and Cats at home.
  • This season we should be putting more of a fight and accept with COVID and injuries that we're just barely scraping for finals until a rebuild is needed.

In 2018 the reason why we were able to win the flag that year was because a majority of core players in the team were in their prime years especially the midfield, JK and Hurn still had fuel in the tank, Gov was in god form, Rioli and Ryan were on a rise, Lecca provided leadership in the forward line, Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Redden and Gaff were all fit and firing and in that prime year zone plus Nic Nat's godliness and Lycett and Vardy's solid ruckwork once Nic Nat went down. Plus having a gameplan that was very effective at the time before it eventually got worked out in the following season also helped we have S.Mitchell and I think he's gotten the best out of this team moreso than Simmo until he left which I think we was replaced by Van Berlo who's a downgrade on Mitchell. Should've been addressed in 2019 and beyond that it needed change.

GIF by AFL

Players clearly have no confidence and are playing for themselves, not the team. Coach has lost them. I can't see how he lasts to the bye.

We could experience a club record loss next week. Surely the mighty Eagles won't tolerate that and he will be gone

• 2014 we should've made finals at least.
  • We should've won it in 2015.
  • We should've gotten deeper in 2016 and heck even won it as well. Should've never lost to the Dogs at home.
  • Despite having a midfield that's damaging with ball in hand but slow to run the otherway I reckon we should've made it deeper in 2017 if not won it.
  • Skip to 2019 where we should've went back to back especially if Rioli didn't get done for weed which should be legal IMO unless proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it actually enhances the player. The club got Tim Kelly which they failed to maximize his potential here.
  • Make it deep into finals in 2020 and even threepeat.
  • Also making deep in 2021 and possibly winning it due to it being in Optus where this team would match up well against the Dees and Cats at home.
  • This season we should be putting more of a fight and accept with COVID and injuries that we're just barely scraping for finals until a rebuild is needed.
Have to agree, cannot believe we’ve underachieved by not going back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

Ridiculous waste of this list to have not won seven flags in the past seven seasons.

I backed Simmo to turn it around last year... but he's completely lost the group, he can't stay.

Our list isn't in such bad shape that this sort of shite should be expected. Yet I don't think we've ever been so bad - sure woosha's last year was pretty awful... but we're looking at 100 point drubbings for the rest of the year.

To think we did an internal review and overhauled the coaches last year. How have we brought in Schofield and knights but can't see any significant change??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back