Recommitted Adam Tomlinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith gone, Wilson gone, Kennedy gone, Tomlinson huge chance to go.
That's 4. Have you been living under a rock for the last week or are you still in denial that your club will slowly start losing its list ?
Tomlinson is not a huge chance to go clearly. He resigned 3 months ago. Clubs have to move on at minimum of three list positions.

If you did your research rather than being focussed on trolling, you'd know Stevie J is also gone though, so we have 4. It was all over the press, which leads to the question of whether you follow football at all.

As for living under a rock, watch out for snakes and spiders who frequent these places.

I don't understand the Tomlinson talk at all. As far as I know he is currently very happy in Sydney and as much as the family would love him back in Melbourne, it ain't happening. I would be shocked if he was traded right now.

We'll blow me down with a feather, I just heard the opposite to my previous thoughts. Adam is on the trade table!

They have a very deep list but overall 16th finish in the BnF for Tomlinson in a season where he played every game is interesting. Sixth season of senior football. Don't bother claiming the system doesn't value defenders, Davis finished third.

Wonder what he would be valued at uncontracted, backended first round one would think.

Pick 8 would be a fair bite off, wonder if the Saints are prepared to offer it. Reckon they may want something back.

They have a very deep list but overall 16th finish in the BnF for Tomlinson in a season where he played every game is interesting. Sixth season of senior football. Don't bother claiming the system doesn't value defenders, Davis finished third.

Wonder what he would be valued at uncontracted, backended first round one would think.

Pick 8 would be a fair bite off, wonder if the Saints are prepared to offer it. Reckon they may want something back.
What missing in this story is anything from Tommo. There's been a lot of speculation about him leaving before and he's said nothing and then re-signed.
There's no indication of what the offsr is either.
Bit premature to talk picks I think, but hypothetically there's a premium for sure.

I'd say Bains will be pushing for their next pick plus Tomlinson for 8. That's a fairer deal. Whether it happens or not....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to a couple of guys that are usually on the money, the media are beating up his story a bit. Seems unlikely he'll leave.

Apparently in a discussion the club asked the Giants who is gettable out of their list. He was one of them. The club have had a good chat to him but they wouldn't want to give up 7 or 8 for him which might mean that it's off the cards.

Sounds like Barrett has gone a bit early.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What missing in this story is anything from Tommo. There's been a lot of speculation about him leaving before and he's said nothing and then re-signed.
There's no indication of what the offsr is either.
Bit premature to talk picks I think, but hypothetically there's a premium for sure.
Right, almost sounds like he's quite happy but they've just thrown in a huge 5 year deal to try and change his mind.

This is a discussion forum so picks and trades are always going to be speculated about pre maturely.

K
Right, almost sounds like he's quite happy but they've just thrown in a huge 5 year deal to try and change his mind.

This is a discussion forum so picks and trades are always going to be speculated about pre maturely.

I do snort in contempt at posters suggesting we asked for a trade. As one of our posters has said, who shops around a guy they extended recently.

That said their's nothing wrong with a club showing interest in a player. When they're recently contracted there's a hurdle to jump, that's all.

According to a couple of guys that are usually on the money, the media are beating up his story a bit. Seems unlikely he'll leave.

Apparently in a discussion the club asked the Giants who is gettable out of their list. He was one of them. The club have had a good chat to him but they wouldn't want to give up 7 or 8 for him which might mean that it's off the cards.

Sounds like Barrett has gone a bit early.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That sounds plausible. GWS isn't precious about untouchables on their own terms, e.g. Dom Tyson or Tom Boyd leaving, but they don't do it without extracting a premium on the departure.

Where have we heard that before?
I doubt the Saints are going to give up half as much as what the Dogs did for Boyd.

What was it again?

Their own Captain. Of which they paid his entire 1st year of his front loaded salary at the Giants.
And pick 7 or 8. Was a while ago so memory hazy.
Let alone the salary and length of said contract to get him there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Saints have apparently "launched a formal offer" for him.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/tradi...-discussing-josh-schache-20171016-gz20w2.html
Meanwhile St Kilda have made a formal bid to secure Giants key position player Adam Tomlinson, who has two years to run on his contract. The Saints have offered the contracted Tomlinson a four-year deal to join them but have told the Giants their two first-round draft picks – selections 7 and 8 – are not available and they would offer their future second-round pick and possibly a third-round pick this year for the player.

The Giants have repeatedly said Tomlinson was not going to be traded so were surprised that St Kilda would seek to persuade them to change their mind with an offer of a future second-round pick for a key position player taken at pick nine in the draft and who is now 25 and entering the best years of his career. He was one of the Giants best players in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back