Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no basis for this quote in the article. Rendell is said to “lift the lid” on a conversation he wasn’t part of and sounds like he has no specific information about.
“My belief is he might have gone to them and asked ‘do you want me?’ Rendell said on Monday.

So, did he or didn’t he go to the club? Always a safe option to slip a ‘might have’ in a conversation just to hedge your bet a bit.

I think there are a lot of half truths being reported in these articles. There is just no way these conversations would be as brutal as what is being reported.

Btw, if he was told he is difficult to coach then I suspect it would reference a failure to respond to or to follow instruction, rather than any misbehaviour or anything like that.

No necessarily, but when we treat, loyal troops, this way, we need to stop questioning why stars no longer see us as a destination club.
The regrets will be about the repercussions of this sort of treatment to ‘cleanskins’, whilst players with known behavioural issues are retained.
Sometimes I just have to shake my head at the behaviour of the club that I love.

Yeah like a dog with no legs over the past 10 years its zig zapped over the floor and wound up passing on itself.

What a clusterfu**.
On top of the Beams clusterfu**.
This is what you get with a President never held to account and a coach who has nfi.
A decade of mediocrity beckons.
What you are seeing is the beginning of the end of the Buckley/McGuire experiment. Batten down the hatches kids.

What you are seeing is the beginning of the end of the Buckley/McGuire experiment. Batten down the hatches kids.
I seriously doubt that.
Ed has made sure there is no natural successor to him. And with him firmly entrenched in the position Buckley isn’t going anywhere.
The only way to effect change?
Members don’t re-sign with an email stating that the coach at the minimum must go and preferably the Pres as well.
Not going to happen of course. But right now, with the club struggling for money, like all clubs, the chance for the membership to make change is the greatest it’s ever been.

What a disgrace. Buckley has the nerve to talk about culture. Stab your loyal sons who love the club in the back and reward an overrated a-hole who only came back to us cause no one else wanted him. That will really cement the team spirit.
Has Wills been offered another two years? 🙄
Treloar said Buckley was the main reason he wanted to go to Collingwood.
I don't think I've ever felt more disillusioned with the club and I include the Tony Shaw era when I say that. At least we weren't hearing endless lectures about hugs and close bonds and good citizens every second day.
The club needs let us know just who stuffed up the beams trade and how much that selfish sod cost us too.
What a shambles. But Skipworth is the Boyd replacement and that is something to excite the army.

I seriously doubt that.
Ed has made sure there is no natural successor to him. And with him firmly entrenched in the position Buckley isn’t going anywhere.
The only way to effect change?
Members don’t re-sign with an email stating that the coach at the minimum must go and preferably the Pres as well.
Not going to happen of course. But right now, with the club struggling for money, like all clubs, the chance for the membership to make change is the greatest it’s ever been.

The Bucks and Eddie Cult is Large too

This is turning ugly, and I hope there isn't much truth to it. But it keeps coming up and nothing concrete is coming from the club to say otherwise.

I really hate this for Treloar, he is one of my favourite players because I find him a real stand up guy, loyal and a good role model for the kids. My youngest has Treloar's number on his back :(

I don't mind that we are shopping him around, but if there is any truth to the reports...the way it is being done is classless and Treloar deserves more respect. I'll be very disappointed if it plays out like it is being reported.

Not wanted, difficult to coach.

Player still wants to stay.

This is messy and being played out in public in front of the AFL football world.

This club has been a shambles due to the salary cap debacle.
Difficult to coach? That's a reflection on the coaching staff if they failed to make clear what they expected from him.

Everyone just needs to relax, we don't know the actual discussions going on and it could yet be a mutual parting. Also all this "loyal son" talk is a bit much. He's already left one club and obviously came for a very good deal. Its a two way street and its a business. Poor management has lead to this and if we don't get out of cap hell now we will be stuck in no man's land with no wiggle room for years. I like treloar but he isn't an A grader, you don't pay accumulaters 7-8-900k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sustainable success is built on a strong culture in any team or organisation. Culture is not about being ruthless, it’s about creating an environment where people find purpose in the “collective” and buy into the vision. Cutting star players loose who bleed for the jumper is not creating that environment.

If this is true, we will not succeed until this administration is gone.

This is turning ugly, and I hope there isn't much truth to it. But it keeps coming up and nothing concrete is coming from the club to say otherwise.

I really hate this for Treloar, he is one of my favourite players because I find him a real stand up guy, loyal and a good role model for the kids. My youngest has Treloar's number on his back :(

I don't mind that we are shopping him around, but if there is any truth to the reports...the way it is being done is classless and Treloar deserves more respect. I'll be very disappointed if it plays out like it is being reported.

You dont know how its being handled. You jsut know how its being reported as being handled.

Doesnt kick enough goals, backloaded contract, no left foot, doesnt win enough clearances, has had two bad hammies in the past few years, wife has a contract in Queensland, and the Suns want him desperately, and the Suns also have Peter Wright that they could let go as part of a trade.
The only trouble is that he doesn’t want to leave,apparently.How bad is the club going to look if it forces a player to leave who has been loyal to the club for a number of years now?Treloar was always unfailingly loyal to Buckley,speaking up for him and praising him in the media when his job was under pressure.And yet this is how Buckley repays him for his loyalty?

Nothing wrong with making tough decisions, and I don't think their decision is 'wrong'. But their is a good and bad ways to do it.
They have hung Adam out to dry...he has publicly stated he wants to stay at the footy club and pledged his loyalty.
He is contracted and said he wants to stay.

Rather than embarrass him by letting rumours like this play out. Someone could come out and say something like this
"We love Adam and he has said he wants to stay, but his mental health has been documented, he has a new family and we are putting options out there on the table for him which we believe may support him and his family"

I don't know, I just think it is poor to embarrass him and let him hang out to dry in front of everyone after he has publicly stated his intentions.

You can try and save face for him at the very least.

The only trouble is that he doesn’t want to leave,apparently.How bad is the club going to look if it forces a player to leave who has been loyal to the club for a number of years now?Treloar was always unfailingly loyal to Buckley,speaking up for him and praising him in the media when his job was under pressure.And yet this is how Buckley repays him for his loyalty?

Thats why they call them "tough decisions".

So ironic that people have been crying out for the club to make tough decisions, and then start whinging when the club apparently decides to do exactly the sort of thing they have been asking for.

It's the same people who want Bucks gone. No coincidence in that.

Nothing wrong with making tough decisions, and I don't think their decision is 'wrong'. But their is a good and bad ways to do it.
They have hung Adam out to dry...he has publicly stated he wants to stay at the footy club and pledged his loyalty.

Rather than embarrass him by letting rumours like this play out. Someone could come out and say something like this
"We love Adam and he has said he wants to stay, but his mental health has been documented, he has a new family and we are putting options out there on the table for him which we believe may support him and his family"

I don't know, I just think it is poor to embarrass him and let him hang out to dry in front of everyone after he has publicly stated his intentions.

So your solution is for the club to save him embarrasment by saying we are trading him for his mental health?

Wow.

I don't see the problem tbh, Grundy held a gun to the clubs head last Season and walked away with 7 years now the club is basically saying to Treloar that his not living up to the contract that they gave him and they want me out. If anything I applaud them for their honesty. If they need to push him out to get him to the Suns then so be it, much rather them do that instead of giving him mixed reactions and acting like they want him to stay when they clearly dont.

Chances are this is exactly how it's playing out while the grimmer picture is being painted by Treloar's camp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back