Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

The club has always had the attitude of lucky you
Playing for us

Copeland trophy winner got a bit extra
The club has always had the attitude of a no class society - this country was founded by an empire that was riddled with class divisions and oppression of the poor and working man.
This is at the heart of the singular pay scale that was rigidly enforced during Jock's time.
It may not make sense now but at the time there was deep and bitter divisiveness over the legalized assaults on working men (physically) and their rights.

Is the AFL trade radio going to feature that Scottish bloke who narrates Love Island??
I’ll take your word for it, I don’t actually watch that crap!

Personally, I believe this is just flat too brutal and too littered with opinions to be 100% true.

"No, we don't want you" to Treloar hardly seems like a Collingwood quote with the Buckley culture set in the last few years. Combined with Treloar's really open and honest approach to his own mental demons, it just doesn't add up.

Discussions around his fit and value make sense because I don't think we get the best value for $$$ and nor do I believe we play him in positions to get the best out of him.

But 'you're not wanted' when really we can't be that stuck financially if we were able to offer Cameron big $$$ seems ludicrous. Despite his flaws, he is still a best 22 player in every AFL side.

My concern with the Treloar story isn't whether its the right move or not. Its more about the back story as to why Treloar is on such a heavily back ended contract.

Personally, if we can trade for a top 5 pick and decent player (ie Wright, Brodie, Fiorini) PLUS open up salary cap to have a crack at a gun player...then that's the sort of ruthless trading you would expect.

But if Treloar was asked to play for unders for many years on a promise that we would make it up to him in the latter end of his contract...for us only to get rid of him as that eventuates...is pretty poor form.

It sets a dangerous precedent for other players on our list and who we are trying to attract. I dare say we will be looking to back end a few deals given Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Cox and Howe are all 30+ and retiring soon.

Why would a player agree in the knowledge we will just trade them as soon as their turn to make the big bucks comes...and in turn why would they agree to sacrifice short term.

The only consideration is that Treloar will get paid put one way or another...but he will be forced to play for a team he does not want, in a state he does not want to be...and has potentially forfeited his chance for a premiership going to a bottom team.

Id just be interested to one the discussion around why his deal was so back ended. You can only assume Treloar sacrificed short term for long term pay day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Rendell talked about AT today made me feel as if the club almost has to be cruel to be kind to Adam in this situation. He described him as almost obsessive compulsive, and talked about how he relied on his girls for balance in his life (paraphrasing) and that despite Adams insistence he wants to stay in Vic, he doesn’t think he’ll handle it well when push comes to shove. There’s a lot of narrative around his salary too, but if push came to shove we could make that work. Cap relief is just a side benefit we’d get from his departure. It sounds like the clubs main concern is that AT won’t cope with the girls in Qld and need time off/have his form affected by their absence, hence the push from them for him to make the move.

Apparently we told him he's difficult to coach.
We don't want him.
Willing to pay 200K of his salary at another club.

What the hell has happened here.
That’s bullshit mate, no way they said that to him.

Not wanted, difficult to coach.

Player still wants to stay.

This is messy and being played out in public in front of the AFL football world.

This club has been a shambles due to the salary cap debacle.
Impressively ugly given there are no direct quotes from the relevant parties. Hard to believe he will stay now, given the circumstances.

They’ve also told him he is difficult to coach at times, with no further explanation or clarification.
There is no basis for this quote in the article. Rendell is said to “lift the lid” on a conversation he wasn’t part of and sounds like he has no specific information about.

JHC. We are going to regret this.
Yes because adam treloar is going to lead us to the promise land of a flag.

There is no basis for this quote in the article. Rendell is said to “lift the lid” on a conversation he wasn’t part of and sounds like he has no specific information about.

I would Sacked Bucks before Trade Treloar

What a clusterfu**.
On top of the Beams clusterfu**.
This is what you get with a President never held to account and a coach who has nfi.
A decade of mediocrity beckons.

Eddie Needs to Go NOW

Yes because adam treloar is going to lead us to the promise land of a flag.
No necessarily, but when we treat, loyal troops, this way, we need to stop questioning why stars no longer see us as a destination club.
The regrets will be about the repercussions of this sort of treatment to ‘cleanskins’, whilst players with known behavioural issues are retained.
Sometimes I just have to shake my head at the behaviour of the club that I love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back