Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt, had Cameron chosen us Treloar would be ferociously shopped around.

Not sure he will be actively shopped around now but if he gives any indication that he’d be willing to go the GC and we got pick 5 plus back I think it could still be on the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree -
look at his kick from inside 40 metres in final against WC did not score and almost lost us the game. If we can get pick 5 and a some steak knives .. all for it!
He's got his flaws, but he was either BOG or very close in that wonderful finals win.

I keep reading people complain about players not wanting to come here especially highly sort after players.
AT wanted to come here. Turn his back on Richmond and others. Was highly sort after. And now so many are willing to get rid of him. He is hardly our worst performer.
Would rather keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep reading people complain about players not wanting to come here especially highly sort after players.
AT wanted to come here. Turn his back on Richmond and others. Was highly sort after. And now so many are willing to get rid of him. He is hardly our worst performer.
Would rather keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People turned their back when they realised Cameron was up for grabs. It is harsh but you have to be ruthless to be successful and to improve where we are stuck at.

Are the Queensland firebirds based in Brisbane? If Adz went to the Suns he’d have to drive the equivalent of Melbourne to Geelong for every rehab/training session. Or Kim the opposite if they set up on the Goldie. Not ideal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's either staying (which I could definitely get around, by the way) or we're at the early stages of negotiation where we're saying that we won't be pushing Adam out the door for just Pick 5.

We should've been doing legwork on Rowell for about 3 years and should convince him to come home early 😂

Are the Queensland firebirds based in Brisbane? If Adz went to the Suns he’d have to drive the equivalent of Melbourne to Geelong for every rehab/training session. Or Kim the opposite if they set up on the Goldie. Not ideal.

Based in Mt Gravatt (suburb of Brisbane). I think there is a fair bit to play out yet. But I think Lions may ask the question.

You really don't know your footy do you!! 7 of the players listed played in an era where salary cap was not an issue, Paul Williams and Mick Malthouse had personal issues between them and Nick Davis was pushed out under the cap.
You are a fool

Here's a tip
Don't question my knowledge
Rose went to Wang Rovers as he was on $ stuff all, got a house a sports store
Club wouldn't assist with moving to a house ,he was living in Johnson Street
Secondly
Leeter Collier went to Tasmania won a b and ffor the state
Two flags and that clown is why we didn't win 6 in a row
Tuddy and Thompson left over Eakins sign on fee

Davis and Williams both went for money and guess what we couldn't afford to keep em

Sydney had a allowance

Oh and salary caps were the norm unwritten in stone but was always adhered to untill the Cloke Raines Walsh fiasco

In fact. My father went and coached country football for the same reason

More money ,better work opportunities

Incorrect, Tuddy and Thompson went on strike over Eakins' sign on fee.

Tuddy left at the end of 1971 to captain/coach Essendon - he probably would have stayed if we offered that to him.
Thommo didnt leave until after the 1978 Prelim loss to North.

1603677067788.png

It is a ridiculous situation the Pies find themselves in with Treloar.

Last year we had discussions about Treloar with GC to the extent that the Pies put the question to Treloar despite the fact that he was contracted. He was adamant that he did not want to go to GC. Then following the trade period of 2019 we then signed him to a new 4 year deal (to commence from 2022) in which the final 2-3 years of the contract is back-ended to the point he will reportedly earn around $900k per season.

It was reported that the Pies have "come to the realisation" that we have too many players coming out of contract when the back-ending period of Treloar's contract starts. Whether or not it is true who knows.... but what is true is the Pies having looked at its playing list, believe he is expendable.

Treloar is a good player but personally I do not believe he is worth $700k per season. He is an accumulator of possessions but he does not hurt the opposition. He handballs too often and more often than not puts team-mates under pressure and his disposal is at times poor.

However, "Opportunity Favours the Brave" I for one hope the Pies be bold and trade Treloar in the hope of increasing our early draft picks. An Elijah Hollands or Will Phillips will go some way to fixing our clearance issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back