Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s going to be an interesting year for Treloar no doubt. New club and having his wife and 1yr old child in another state isn’t ideal.

The doggies really do have a stacked midfield. I can’t help but think we missed out on a top 10 draft pick because the dogs were stubborn in not letting Dunkley go to the bombers. I think he’ll be on the move at the end of the year anyway. It will be ironic if he ended up here!

Media won't let this Drop all week.

Just be Bagging Collingwood all Week.

Though club does Deserves it

Seriously we are one week away from the season, the pre season is done and dusted, yet we are still talking about this!!! Hopefully a few of the boys let him know about it Friday night.....

To me the issue with the Treloar move is that in this area the AFL industry as a whole and the sum of its parts struggles with the concepts of being professional sports business when it comes to player movement. If you look at big team sports competitions around the world players can in contract be moved on a days notice to club not of their choosing often in another city. There’s no apologies or explanations given.

We made a ruthless and cold blooded decision that we needed to move Adam on. We saw him as expendable in the effort to solve the cap issue and probably rebalance our team. It’s sad but that’s reality. Where we got into trouble is that we didn’t just come out and say that, and I get why. We were trying not to tip our hand (though it was a known in the industry anyway) and let’s face it the industry isn’t really ready for that level of professionalism.

I mean if the Treloars are complaining now about how it was handled can you imagine the complaints if we’d been ruthlessly honest and said we were recalibrating our list and viewed Adam as not an essential part of the list and therefore expendable?

Last edited:
I look forward to this game to be over, so the media can drop this narrative and move on.

They won't stop it and then they will focus more on Stephenson when we play North and then Phillips when we play Hawks.

To me the issue with the Treloar move is that in this area the AFL industry as a whole and the sum of its parts struggles with the concepts of being professional sports business when it comes to player movement. If you look at big team sports competitions around the world players can in contract can be moved on a days notice to club not of their choosing often in another city. There’s no apologies or explanations given.

We made a ruthless and cold blooded decision that we needed to move Adam on. We saw him as expendable in the effort to solve the cap issue and probably rebalance our team. It’s sad but that’s reality. Where we got into trouble is that we didn’t just come out and say that, and I get why. We were trying not to tip our hand (though it was a known in the industry anyway) and let’s face it the industry isn’t really ready for that level of professionalism.

I mean if the Treloars are complaining now about how it was handled can you imagine the complaints if we’d been ruthlessly honest and said we were recalibrating our list and viewed Adam as not an essential part fbthe list and therefore expendable?

Look at Baseball where Players can be Traded while they are playing a Game and get Pulled from the Game When/IF they are Traded.

Would Helped IF Club was Honest on why Treloar was Traded instead of making it something worse then it really is. I think everyone knew it was because of Salary Cap Isuses

Look at Baseball where Players can be Traded while they are playing a Game and get Pulled from the Game When/IF they are Traded.

Would Helped IF Club was Honest on why Treloar was Traded instead of making it something worse then it really is. I think everyone knew it was because of Salary Cap Isuses
I can’t see the club being transparent when the issues with treloar are pretty clear his injury history (continuing at the dogs) and impact v 900k salary. Not his fault, but the club won’t publicly come out and say “he’s not worth 900k” not would I expect them to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see the club being transparent when the issues with treloar are pretty clear his injury history and impact v 900k salary. Not his fault, but the club won’t publicly come out and say “he’s not worth 900k” not would I expect them to

Then I guess they are in for a Bashing either way.

Ned Guy the List Manager should be the Main Guy that should have had a Go At as he Runs the Salary Cap

Then I guess they are in for a Bashing either way.

Ned Guy the List Manager should be the Main Guy that should have had a Go At as he Runs the Salary Cap
I’m sure it happened internally mate but many conversations behind closed doors aren’t made public for good reason.

I’m sure it happened internally mate but many conversations behind closed doors aren’t made public for good reason.

Well I guess just be lot of Guessing and What the Treloars tell us then

Media won't let this Drop all week.

Just be Bagging Collingwood all Week.

Though club does Deserves it

Dave we really do deserve every bit we cop tbh, what do you expect? It's a big story Treloar playing first game against us.

I have absolutely no sympathy for how Collingwood is treated, It will eventually pass but we deserve every bit.

I can’t see the club being transparent when the issues with treloar are pretty clear his injury history (continuing at the dogs) and impact v 900k salary. Not his fault, but the club won’t publicly come out and say “he’s not worth 900k” not would I expect them to
And maybe the issue with Beams hasn’t helped. Treloar has a number of years to run on his big contract and he has said he has been suffering mentally. So put it all together and there were probably quite a number of reasons why he was traded. It’s unfortunate how it has played out, and again probably an issue with list management and contracts. But in the end the club is bigger than the individual.

Would at least have 1 Flag under his name
Might have had one if when we were going into forward 50 he didn’t do one of this bombs on the run almost straight to McGovern

(There was another play not long after this where another Pies favourite possible cost us a flag w a rookie mistake)

Might have had one if when we were going into forward 50 he didn’t do one of this bombs on the run almost straight to McGovern

(There was another play not long after this where another Pies favourite possible cost us a flag w a rookie mistake)
It’s funny how some people only count the bad stuff.

I don't think they'll even really mention Phillips. He seemed to leave on reasonably good terms, so the story is hardly juicy whatsoever.
I like the way we were honest w Phillips - told him straight up 12 months earlier what our intentions were - pity we couldn’t have snagged a first rounder from Cats

Club clearly were trying to squeeze a high pick out of trading Treloar (and Stevo) but creating a false narrative - with the way it turned out, honesty would have been so much better. Brutal, but better.

It’s funny how some people only count the bad stuff.
No - I really liked Ads, esp in first couple years. Wish they had told him straight up it was cap issues and he was the one they would choose to cut loose.
That doesn’t mean I can’t reflect on what happened in a game or post it in thread replying to a hypothetical

Remove this Banner Ad

Back