Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2000
Belgrave
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Herald Sun, Wednesday 22nd November p 80
FORMER Collingwood defender Alan Richardson has been appointed coach of Richmond's new VFL alliance, the Coburg Tigers.

Richardson, 35, has won the past two Eastern Football League flags as coach of East Burwood. He played 114 games with Collingwood from 1987-96, but missed the 1990 flag because of a collarbone injury.

Richardson will join senior Tigers coach Danny Frawley and assistants Greg Hutchison, David Wheadon and Darren Crocker.

When Richardson was coach of East Burwood he was credited with resurrecting the career of Trent Hotton. Also was cleaned up by Michael Voss at the Gabba a few years back. Aside from that I don't know anything about him.

If there any Collingwood supporters passing through, please feel free to comment on him.

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

[This message has been edited by CJH (edited 22 November 2000).]

Is Alan related to Mark Richardson?

I think our senior coaching panel is really smart and experienced. They have all had footy experience to know how the game works. I am very pleased with our coaching panel and would not change it if I had the chance. Frawley has a lot in him yet.

not sure if he is related to mark but i think we have let a real memebership winner slip here.fair enuff richarson might be a good coach as in bring up the youngsters up ready for the seniors however with our new name coburg tigers maybe an ex fitzroy player to coach the side therefore keeping an interest in the side from ex fitzroy fans. as i understand it when we play against the original old vfa sides we will play in the lions jumper and when we play against other afl sides we will wear our jumper.
with an ex fitzroy player coaching maybe we could offer the ex lion supporters a vfl membership with a few games added for afl games for richmond games.
but overall im happy with our coaching panel.
cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back