Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes living back in Adelaide running his football clinics.

but why wasn't it a penalty he was standing in the box... was it deemed not deliberate?

they need to tell the fans in the stadium that.
He couldnt tell whether it was in the box apparently.

Looked clear as day to me

Another wasted home game. Two points from 3 home games to start the season is simply not good enough. Once again the lack of strikers is killing us.

Another wasted home game. Two points from 3 home games to start the season is simply not good enough. Once again the lack of strikers is killing us.
I dont think tonight was a striker issue, no one had any urgency beside Strain and Boland.

perth are a well put together side and we just lack that quality. someone like keogh is so important in the a league, very good striker who is always in the game.

personally im not convinced by jakobsen at all.
You what ?? Hes been really good, far better than Elsey

I dont think tonight was a striker issue, no one had any urgency beside Strain and Boland.
It's an issue in general. Every weak we start undermanned playing Halloran or Apostolos there. Apparently Ilso is no longer capable of playing striker since arriving in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against a very defensive minded side with slow defenders you need to move it quick, we failed.

Boland, Isa and Lia are all first 11 but they're all too similar. We need Ilso to get fit enough to play 90, he actually made a difference when he came on.

Thing is, hes not.

Much like Holland, Matmour, Guardiola and even Palanca hes much better than he has shown thus far.
Fair enough. If he has a final ball or a shot would be nice to see it. His workrate is impressive but we rely on our wingers inmensely, when Goodwin has an off day we need others to stand up.

Against a very defensive minded side with slow defenders you need to move it quick, we failed.

Boland, Isa and Lia are all first 11 but they're all too similar. We need Ilso to get fit enough to play 90, he actually made a difference when he came on.
Lia shouldn’t be in the starting lineup in my opinion, but we don’t really have a replacement at the moment. He’s an albatross in attack and despite this, seems to creep forward a lot.

Lia shouldn’t be in the starting lineup in my opinion, but we don’t really have a replacement at the moment. He’s an albatross in attack and despite this, seems to creep forward a lot.
Hes been in great form so I can understand why weve kept him in.

I'd chuck Konsta in, I mean hes probably going to play with Boland out anyway

Hes been in great form so I can understand why weve kept him in.

I'd chuck Konsta in, I mean hes probably going to play with Boland out anyway
Lia was horrible on the weekend. He has been solid but also goes backwards under minimal pressure too often which stifles attacks. Id play Ilso, Konsta and Isa with Boland injured.

Lia was horrible on the weekend. He has been solid but also goes backwards under minimal pressure too often which stifles attacks. Id play Ilso, Konsta and Isa with Boland injured.
He was dreadful, but up until then he has been great

I love supporting clubs who have lengthy injury lists every season, makes me all fuzzy inside. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, is Boland out for like 2 months? The last thing we needed was to lose him.

No Jakobsen today so Reegs gets his chance, Ilso starts.

Back