Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

McGree out this week, Troisi needs to step up.

Guess we know now why McGree was subbed last game. Also have Lia start in the defensive mid role and move Troisi forward?
Don't think Vinnie is in the plans.

I'd expect Maria to go back into midfield and Kitto to left fullback. That or Lachy Brook or Konsta come in.

Very disappointing that kick-off for our game hasn’t been moved at least one hour back with the heat. Hope one day the owners of our stadium will pull their finger out & invest in shelter for our spectators, not hard to do!!!

Very disappointing that kick-off for our game hasn’t been moved at least one hour back with the heat. Hope one day the owners of our stadium will pull their finger out & invest in shelter for our spectators, not hard to do!!!
The AEC can't really do much when the surrounding businesses block every development proposal.

Ridiculous scheduling though, 5.30 KO times in summer are stupid.

We couldn’t sit any deeper if we tried and yet we are letting them press us right back to our goalkeeper. WTF?

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. What the hell is the coach thinking?!

4 wins on the trot is a long time ago, we have been rubbish these past two games and against teams we should be beating.

Another average performance but we did what we had to do in the last 15 to get the win. Massive 3 points going into the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts - don’t rate d’arrigo with the ball, which is a problem. Needs to be cleaner on the ball when he pretty much has the simplest role. Missing Boland now and I prefer Konstandopoulous anyway.

Halloran and Milusenic are too similar (not technical but very pacy and sometimes too one dimensional) not necessarily a problem for one winger but both is less than ideal at times. Toure out wide and Ospeth in the middle is our best side with Halloran on the other.

s**t time slot
And Hot as *, when will they learn that December kick offs at 4:30 are dangerous for players and spectators... risk them for some shitty broadcasting timeslot

I couldn't go to the last two home games as work has neen ridding my ass coming into christmas.

We don't have many full membership members we have more flexi members and if you can only go to 8 or 5 games you ain't going to see Wellington or Newcastle games

Todays crowd was 6,074 which was less than last week (6,207).

Abysmal numbers even taking into account the weather.
Why ?? 5.39 and it would've comfortably been 40 degrees out in the sun against a low drawing team.

Gotta be honest I don't think we miss Boland at all, Louis is doing a fine job as an 18yo.

Why ?? 5.39 and it would've comfortably been 40 degrees out in the sun against a low drawing team.

Gotta be honest I don't think we miss Boland at all, Louis is doing a fine job as an 18yo.
His passing is very average and he does make a lot of mistakes with the ball. I’ve reserved my judgment and yes he is young but at this point in time see him as a weakness in the side.

His passing is very average and he does make a lot of mistakes with the ball. I’ve reserved my judgment and yes he is young but at this point in time see him as a weakness in the side.
Most would say he's doing a fine job, but he's no Isa.

Must have been a lot in the western stand as the crowd didn't even look to be 3k on TV.

When are the league going to learn no one likes Sunday arvo kickoffs. Isn't like TV ratings are any good to dictate this either...Trial Thursday nights or something new, Sunday is arse, especially in the heat.

Whoever went yesterday is loyal, or stupid. I wouldn't be caught dead going to a Sunday arvo v Jets in the heat...

Back