Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

The depth in defence is a bit of a worry, really need to sign another fullback imo. After Regan we have no CB so hopefully Jakobsen and Elsey stay fit all season.

Are we looking at anyone? Obviously Davidson rejected us and he would have been a nice signing.
Don’t agree. Davidson is the worst defender I have ever seen play for the Socceroos and im not forgetting Jason Geria. He was so so fristrating in a socceroos shirt. So glad we didnt sign him. His idea of defending is backing away away away away until he ends up in the net. No quality about anything he does. I guess im not a fan lol.

Don’t agree. Davidson is the worst defender I have ever seen play for the Socceroos and im not forgetting Jason Geria. He was so so fristrating in a socceroos shirt. So glad we didnt sign him. His idea of defending is backing away away away away until he ends up in the net. No quality about anything he does. I guess im not a fan lol.
Brad Smith ??

brad smith having more senior international appearances than club league appearances at 24 is quite something.
Injuries have played a part of course, but he's not upto standard over there. Would be wise to seek a move here to get some continuity.

Was a massive talent at 17

Injuries have played a part of course, but he's not upto standard over there. Would be wise to seek a move here to get some continuity.

Was a massive talent at 17
not having any idea how to play left back has probably held him back too.

Last year the kits were revealed on the 13th September. That’s a long time away and I think it would be best if all the clubs decided to release their kits before the start of the FFA cup every season. Would be much more professional in a sense and more logical.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2-1 over Birkalla last night.

Played well, and former Victory man Scott Galloway played at full back and did a pretty good job.

AUFC Twitter suggests we are signing a left footed, European central mid, presumably an Adlung replacement.

WATR forum doing some sleuthing, suggests its Mirko Boland. Similar CV to Adlung had.

Also rumours of a Mabil return. 2 Aussie spots remain, and 1 import if Baba goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WATR forum doing some sleuthing, suggests its Mirko Boland. Similar CV to Adlung had.

Also rumours of a Mabil return. 2 Aussie spots remain, and 1 import if Baba goes
Mirko Boland

I’m open to the fact that he might surprise me, completely possible but...

...yet another 30+ year old foreigner and 28 goals in 293 appearances is frankly f*****g scary and not in a good way. Geez, I hope that is a Wikipedia typo. Must be a complete lockdown defensive midfielder/old school sweeper.

30 isn't old...... is it ??

Also, he isn't being brought here to score goals, he will be a direct Adlung replacement. The goals Daniel scored were a bonus, it was the box to box work that helped us.

The other option, is that Baba is moved on, Ilso plays up top and we bring in another striker

30 isn't old...... is it ??

Also, he isn't being brought here to score goals, he will be a direct Adlung replacement. The goals Daniel scored were a bonus, it was the box to box work that helped us.

The other option, is that Baba is moved on, Ilso plays up top and we bring in another striker
I’d like to think 30 isn’t old (he’s 31 by the way and considering my own age) but, when it comes to professional sport, yeah it’s old and I’d like us to attempt to sign an import under 30.

Someone who has the potential to stay for more than 1-2 years. It’s a long-term strategy as opposed to short-sighted.

I’d like to think 30 isn’t old (he’s 31 by the way and considering my own age) but, when it comes to professional sport, yeah it’s old and I’d like us to attempt to sign an import under 30.

Someone who has the potential to stay for more than 1-2 years. It’s a long-term strategy as opposed to short-sighted.
I agree, but imports as a rule dont last more than 2 years. Only the really good ones get kept around, tyranny of distance and that type of thing.

Weve got 2, potentially 3 spots to fill yet. Squad is looking pretty solid but lacking star power unless Baba hangs around and stays fit.

"Stays fit" lol

We are still lacking an attacking player no doubt. This new guy doesn't sound too attacking so hopefully one is on the way before October...

"Stays fit" lol

We are still lacking an attacking player no doubt. This new guy doesn't sound too attacking so hopefully one is on the way before October...
Maybe we should offer Tim Cahill bumf*** nothing to sit on the bench and cameo? He might actually appreciate Adelaide now.

Hes ruled out playing in the A League
He's such a knob.
He is obviously so sought after as well. Did great in his A-League stint though warming the bench and being largely unimpressive.

One of the biggest flogs in the sport. Just lucky he has scored some important goals for Australia otherwise he and his pathetic attitude would be universally hated.

Need another winger, we look to have a solid side again. Most teams appear weaker than last year, not good signs for the league.

Back