Adelaide United FC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there certainly won't be any passion lacking at the club now. Interesting decision, not sure what to make of it yet but something had to give. Now awaiting Durakovic to be sacked so its Musky and Kosi like the days of old!!!

Major announcement at 1:30 pm today (18th of Dec)

Red hot tip - Rini Coolen won't be coach. Don't know if that means a move sideways or sacked.

Adelaide United FC can confirm that John Kosmina has assumed the head coaching role at the club effective immediately. Rini Coolen will stay on at the club as the Youth Team Coach and the club’s junior development program.

source:
http://www.facebook.com/adelaideunitedfc
My comment:
Something had to be done..Rini had become box office poison. Home crowd halved in only 10 weeks[14k->8k] Griffin isn't an idiot, he would have realised that no crowds = potential for sponsors walking = bad ju-ju for United. Lets see how they play against the Sky blues on Thursday@SFS, Happy to give Kossie another go, at least he favoured South Australian players if in doubt. I expect the team to display a lot more structure from here on in and show some pride in the shirt. I hope to see faster transition from defence to attack from here on. Now that Rini isn't head coach, the way is cleared for Marcos to come back should we be able to find the money.

Adelaide United FC can confirm that John Kosmina has assumed the head coaching role at the club effective immediately. Rini Coolen will stay on at the club as the Youth Team Coach and the club’s junior development program.

source:
http://www.facebook.com/adelaideunitedfc
My comment:
Something had to be done..Rini had become box office poison. Home crowd halved in only 10 weeks[14k->8k] Griffin isn't an idiot, he would have realised that no crowds = potential for sponsors walking = bad ju-ju for United. Lets see how they play against the Sky blues on Thursday@SFS, Happy to give Kossie another go, at least he favoured South Australian players if in doubt. I expect the team to display a lot more structure from here on in and show some pride in the shirt. I hope to see faster transition from defence to attack from here on. Now that Rini isn't head coach, the way is cleared for Marcos to come back should we be able to find the money.

Plain and simple fact is we don't have the money. Marcos is gone until a Van Dijk goes as he has the higher salary. Another thing you won't see from us is tactical nous, Kosi wasn't known for it before and the league has moved on a bit since then. And in a ridiculous, cost saving move Coolen stays on as Youth manager............ WTF is going on

Didn't see that coming, at least the passion will be back. Mckain to lose the arm band?

I'd like to think so but probably not. Wonder if this will bring Cassio back faster given there was an obvious issue between him and the coach.

Plain and simple fact is we don't have the money. Marcos is gone until a Van Dijk goes as he has the higher salary. Another thing you won't see from us is tactical nous, Kosi wasn't known for it before and the league has moved on a bit since then. And in a ridiculous, cost saving move Coolen stays on as Youth manager............ WTF is going on
I think its a rather novel way of trying to get him to quit so the club doesn't have to pay out his contract . Maybe next time the club will reserve the long term deals for a coach that has a championship under his belt with the Reds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair play to the Board, they had to make the decision because the club was being destroyed at a rate of knots under Coolen's reign this season. Kosmina is the right man at this point in time, someone who know what this club is all about and can transmit that to the players is crucial right now. Results were not the problem in his reign, the style of Football was not as silky as some may have liked, but you never know, if certain players decide to return to the club I'm sure Kossie could have us playing good Football with passion. Not sure about Coolen staying in youth development or Petrillo staying as Director of Football given Kossie's missives against him in the paper of the late. We shall see how that works out.

Listening to the 5AA Soccer Show and Kossie is starring on!..seems like 99% of the community is behind this move, many expecting a new more positive mentality from those in the Red shirt from now until the Asian Champions League!

Didn't see that coming, at least the passion will be back. Mckain to lose the arm band?

I believe McKain is suspended for Thursdays game against SFC@SFS, and Kossie did mention on 5AA that as VC, Eugene would likely get the armband.. I got the impression JmcK will have to do some work to regain it from the tone of Kossie's voice..good move. Maybe JmcK can get back some form when he doesn't have to concentrate on being the captain?

Just like the good ol' days. I say bring back Viddie for the assistants' role! Kossie never should have been sacked those years ago. Wasn't his fault.
Was BD.
Kossie wasn't sacked, then-owner Nick Bianco asked him to resign after his disgraceful behavior in blaming the ref after we got humped 6-0 in the 06/07 GF. If we lose, we should take it on the chin and promise to try harder next time rather than crying that the refs were against us. Breeze was, is and will likely die a poor refs bumhole, but we just weren't good enough on the night. fact.

Kossie coaching or JonMc being suspended? both are good news IMO, but which one is your best news?

Well now its both lol.

Kossie wasn't sacked, then-owner Nick Bianco asked him to resign after his disgraceful behavior in blaming the ref after we got humped 6-0 in the 06/07 GF. If we lose, we should take it on the chin and promise to try harder next time rather than crying that the refs were against us. Breeze was, is and will likely die a poor refs bumhole, but we just weren't good enough on the night. fact.

Well said mate. Its one thing for us fans or players to blame the officiating for a result but the coach is the last person anything like hat should be coming from. As much a as i hate to say it Bianco made the right decision.

Ok then. Also it was Mark Shield that officiated the GF in 07. Breeze did the one 2 years later. We will NEVER win a GF with the way things are going.
Thanks for the correct info...The very same Mark Shield now in charge of Referees at FFA?
Oh dear, Kossie, you might want to borrow How to win Friends & Influence people from your local library to read on the plane this Thursday or before:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back