Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
1553783049557.png V 1553783009926.png

Game day lets get excited , yay who's with me

No?

Its a little bit like that. Last week left us a bit flat, Doedees injury has sent a shiver through us and selection hasnt inspired. But through all that little Mr Sunshine (me) still thinks we can win this

Whispers of a few outs may leave us guessing but Hartigan and Seedsman seem to be the incoming for Doedee and Douglas who both suffered long term injuries.

Where and when: SCG, Friday March 29, 7.20pm AECT

Last time they met: SCG, round five, 2018: Swans 10.15 (75) lost to Crows 12.13 (85)

The contest could have been over at the first change had the visitors not kicked 4.9 in the opening term, but it didn't cost them in the end. Crows captain Taylor Walker kicked crucial goals and with Swan Lance Franklin well held by Daniel Talia at the other end, it inspired his team's win.

Sydney have brought in Ronke and O'Riordan for the injured Heath Grundy and omitted Dawson.

Franklin seemed underdone last week against the Dogs but is always a danger. I suspect Talia may look after him one on one and Keath to run alongside if he decides to wander.

The AFC need to be in top gear for this game.

Crows x 13 points

giphy-com-got-a-bad-feeling-e-gif.643805

When I did my overly optimistic off season ladder predictor, I had us dropping this one. Last week doesn’t give me cause to change my mind.

Swans by 40.

I have no confidence heading into this one. The only bright spot compared to the disaster last weekend is that the game is at the more reasonable hour of 4:50am and will be televised live on Fox Sports 2.

Shades of 2018. Very disappointing start in Rd 1. Then we rebound in rd 2. Lets hope that how it goes for this match vs Sydney.

Crows by 15.

Turned into a bit of a false rebound with Sydney losing a few at home early last year. They’re hard to judge right now but my money is on them struggling a bit this year. I don’t think a win will tell us a lot, but a loss will be very troubling.

Can all of you w***ers go leap off a highrise (with a parachute* to avoid being banned)?

We are a good footy side, we do well over there and we will win by 6 goals.

This isn't the Swans of yesteryear.

* = the parachute is faulty you negative pricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can all of you w***ers go leap off a highrise (with a parachute* to avoid being banned)?

I think the issue is not who the Swans are but rather who we are.....so far we look a lot like mid 2018 team. :straining:

With a post like this, I wouldn't mind seeing you gloat after the game.* I don't normally like that sort of thing, but will give you a pass if the Crows win.

* conversely, if they lose, a bit of humble pie will go down well.

Hello everyone. My main hope for a Swans victory is that Talia develops some sort of PTSD when he sees Buddy, and also half your team gets gastro. If that happens I will feel moderately confident of a Swans win.
If we all get gastro I think we can s**t it in

Everyone saying we'll redeem ourselves, Sydney lost too last week and will be equally as keen to do the same on their home turf.

Sydney by 27.

I don't think everyone is saying Adelaide will win, if those senior players like Smith Laird Gibbs Tex Lynch JJ Talia Betts Sauce do what they are capable of we will win by 40 to 50 if they fail once again you are right we will lose

But those senior players have been relatively consistent over the years

From the changes thread

Geoffa32 said:
I thought we wanted Milera to be a midfielder. That is where I see him long term with his evasiveness and vision. Dougie's injury may accelerate this.

When I say midfield rotation I dont mean full time in the middle. I mean chiefly at half back with say 30 percent in the middle.

Last week Gibbs had a shocker. I personally think with all our prime mids playing he and Dougie are too similar a player type to fit. Gibbs was lost. Even pushed down back to get some touch.

Dougie out. Gibbs becomes our prime attacking mid and Milera rotates between HB and attacking mid role.
I dont mind this

Its not about giving up and conceding, its a development stage, but a genuine opportunity to increase Mileras midfield minutes. If we (coaches) think he is a genuine midfielder then games like tonight is where it starts growing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back