2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinge won't be going anywhere, it would be an absolute sh*t thing to do by the club...they're better than that.
Ive liked what Ive seen of hinge more than murray.. both are medium sized defenders around the 190-193cm mark..

Hinge just looks like he has cleaner skills..

Ive liked what Ive seen of hinge more than murray.. both are medium sized defenders around the 190-193cm mark..

Hinge just looks like he has cleaner skills..
Plus brave as playing on after popping that shoulder. I like Murray as well though, Murray seems to play taller and Hinge more of a running back.

Anyone interested in watching the weekends interstate game Between the Croweaters and the Sandgropers to be played as the curtain raiser to the Powa vs Doggies AFL game can watch a live stream on the WAFL's Facebook page. A player of particular notice for us would be nippy small forward Tyrone Thorne I reckon.

2021 West End State Team
NUMBERPLAYERSANFL CLUB
2Hayden SampsonSouth
3Campbell CombeNorth
4Matthew GoldsworthyEagles
5Sam RowlandEagles
6Alex SpinaNorth
7Riley KnightEagles
8Tyson StengleEagles
9Eamon WilkinsonSouth
10Luke PartingtonGlenelg
11Jarred AllmondNorth
14Matthew NunnNorwood
15Chris CurranGlenelg
16Bryce GibbsSouth
17Joe HainesSouth
18Jack HayesEagles
19Max ProudGlenelg
20Lachie HosieGlenelg
21Luke ReynoldsGlenelg
22Cam SutcliffePort
23Luke ThompsonEagles
27Matthew BroadbentSouth
28Liam McBeanGlenelg
30Michael KnollNorwood

2021 Kia Australia WA State Team

NO.NAMECLUB
1Leigh KITCHINSubiaco
3Connor WESTWest Perth
4Tyrone THORNEPeel Thunder
5Cody NINYETTESouth Fremantle
7Matt PARKERSouth Fremantle
8Ben EDWARDSClaremont
9Sam FISHERSwan Districts
10Lachlan MARTINISClaremont
12Declan MOUNTFORDClaremont
13Harry MARSHSubiaco
14Cameron EARDLEYEast Fremantle
15Callan ENGLANDClaremont
16Bailey ROGERSClaremont
17Lachlan DELAHUNTYSubiaco
18Joshua SCHOENFELDEast Fremantle
19Chad PEARSONSouth Fremantle
20Tyler KEITELWest Perth
22Jye BOLTONClaremont
23Corey GAULTSwan Districts
24Greg CLARKSubiaco
27Noah PEGORAROWest Perth
29Zac STROMSouth Fremantle
30Blake SCHLENSOGSouth Fremantle
I thought Horne was supposed to play in this?

I think you're missing something... ;)
View attachment 1125454
Seen him play have you?

He's a small forward that can find the football in truckloads with speed, agility and innate goal sense....and defensive pressure off the charts.

I'll be very surprised if an AFL club doesn't snap him up as free hit in the MSD to see what he's got at the next level with his ability to find so much of the pill

Plus brave as playing on after popping that shoulder. I like Murray as well though, Murray seems to play taller and Hinge more of a running back.

Agreed. Hinge looks like a smooth HBF with a very good kick, while Murray looks like an agricultural contested marker with good stopping power but not great disposal skills.

No. Trades definitely don't count towards anything.

It's 3x ND selections, but rookie upgrades count towards that total.
From what I can find it seems like its more, if the list size is x, then by the time the draft period starts, the list size has to be x-3, then the list size simply has to be returned to at least x by the end of the period, that can be by whatever method, rookie upgrade, draft pick, trade etc.

Seen him play have you?

He's a small forward that can find the football in truckloads with speed, agility and innate goal sense....and defensive pressure off the charts.

I'll be very surprised if an AFL club doesn't snap him up as free hit in the MSD to see what he's got at the next level with his ability to find so much of the pill
58kg the lad will break

Seen him play have you?

You missed the sarcasm emoji again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I can find it seems like its more, if the list size is x, then by the time the draft period starts, the list size has to be x-3, then the list size simply has to be returned to at least x by the end of the period, that can be by whatever method, rookie upgrade, draft pick, trade etc.
Here's the relevant section from the AFL Rules document for 2021, taken from Section 6.2:
(d)Number of Draft Selections
(i) At a National Draft Selection Meeting:
(A)each Club shall exercise a minimum of 3 Draft selections (including selections forfeited under Rules 8.7, 10.11(a), 13.4(b), 14.4(d) and 15.8(b)); and
The rules referenced:
8.7 - Father/Son selection (now taken directly through the draft)
10.11(a) - Rookie Upgrades
13.4(b) - International Scholarship players
14.4(d) - Academy selections (now taken directly through the draft)
15.8(b) - Next Gen Academy selections (now taken directly through the draft)

The section is somewhat obsolete, and due for re-writing, given that F/S, Academy, and NGA players are all now selected directly through the draft - i.e. they can't be pre-selected and placed on the list automatically, as happened in the past when the clause was originally written.

Clubs are required to make a minimum of 3 selections in the ND - but rookie upgrades & International Scholarships count towards that total, as these do not take place via the draft. Player trades have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Why would the State team play before a Port game when Port have done everything to separate themselves from the SANFL and the rest of the State?
Shows you how relevant the state game is these days

I missed the game on the weekend.. im renovating one of our bathrooms at the moment.. and what a cu in the NT job renovatiing a bathroom is might I add..

But I started watching a replay last night and caught the first quarter and a bit of the second..

I thought he looked good.. really liked his positioning at the stoppages and he looks like a calm and collected player, doesnt look panicky at all.. looked clean with the ball in hand.

Reacon it might take a few weeks before he gets into the swing of things fully but i like what I see already..
I liked the look of him. He doesn't stand back and was noticeable. Pretty good first up effort. Pace seemed pretty good.

Agreed. Hinge looks like a smooth HBF with a very good kick, while Murray looks like an agricultural contested marker with good stopping power but not great disposal skills.
Murray's kicking disposal is not his strength so he should be looking for a runner or looking for the longer kick instead of biting off more than he can chew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back