2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching, he played 3rd tall for most of the match, Murray and Borlase were the KPD
Maybe you should be watching closer
He wasn't playing third tall. Clearly Murray was, and had more freedom to push up the ground.

It's weird you even think this.

Watched first 3 quarters.

Parnell was good. Reminds me of a youngJayden Short. Just needs to put on a 10kg of weight and get some games into him at SANFL level. Looks like a Luke Brown replacement long term.
Cook played pretty well. Should be good once he gets experience and strength.
Pedlar I thought was ok. Still needs to get fitter. His kicking skills currently need work. Not sure if they will play him this year.
Newchurch was slightly better.
Hately played well.
O'Connor had an off day. Was ok but seen him play better.
Gollant showed a few glimpses.

Last edited:
He wasn't playing third tall. Clearly Murray was, and had more freedom to push up the ground.

It's weird you even think this.

I like how all these people aren't even at the ground but think they know who was playing on who.
Murray was playing CHB.
That's why Murray was up the ground.
It's weird you think you know everything from watching TV, just clueless

Finally saw some good signs from our kids today and my opinions from few games for some.
Pedlar --- has real talent but much the same as current mids but does try to get in open ,but lets himself down .
Although did and still think we could have done better with his pick Berry ,Shoey and he will be really good for us ,
Hately --- Has ability and certainly was more creative today and just needs a bit more ball aggression at times. But certainly ready to return to AFL
Cook -- Again not sure why taken so high but showed today real talent there and watch with interest as another marking moving forward would be great in our AFL team.
Parnell --- I think this kid has real talent and ability and will play AFL next year.
ROC --- No never seen anything that looks like AFL in him and still don't .
McAsey -- Been real positive about him as really wanted a class KPD and at pick 6 you would hope so .
But the positive signs are few and lack of intensity to want to get the ball and foot movement poor.
Gollant -- thought was a easy delist but did show can mark a ball and look forward to see his progress as year goes on.
Newchurch -- Well we all knew had skills and speed which we have seen but all the other areas that Bicks and others pre draft pointed out as weaknesses
are still very much there.
Davis boys no neither are AFL players .
Borlase --- Took some good marks seems to be getting more confident.
Murray -- With Talia struggles Nick is certainly worth keeping and maybe even in AFL next few games.
Strachan -- did very well and whilst never be more than a reserve ruck is doing well.

this is the guy who we drafted same time as ROC and Schoey and Keayes and McAsey and Worrell, right?

was he worth the wait? Only one in his class that hasn’t played AFL, is he worth persevering with?
His best attribute is his ability to take a contested mark. Given how devoid we are of players who can do that, Id say hes worth persisting with.

this is the guy who we drafted same time as ROC and Schoey and Keayes and McAsey and Worrell, right?

was he worth the wait? Only one in his class that hasn’t played AFL, is he worth persevering with?
When he arrived he looked like a baby giraffe. It is still too early to say if he is apgoing to make it but he does offer something different.

He is a solid kick at goal (even though he has a very long preparation) and is a longer kick than I thought. He has a good leap and is quite agile for his size. If he starts to clunk some marks then we will get very excited, very quickly.

Lol. Is this post serious?

So 2020 was a COVID year meaning if you didn’t play AFL then you didn’t play at all.

Then this year he’s been injured.

He is 5 months older than Sam Berry - you know the Sam Berry that we drafted end of last year.

How about you give the guy a chance to play some footy.

He looks to have AFL qualities including a terrific leap and strong hands.

He's really raw, but yes. He's worth preserving with. Looks an excellent third tall prospect, especially in that second quarter where he clunked 3 contested marks.

Lol. Is this post serious?

So 2020 was a COVID year meaning if you didn’t play AFL then you didn’t play at all.

Then this year he’s been injured.

He is 5 months older than Sam Berry - you know the Sam Berry that we drafted end of last year.

How about you give the guy a chance to play some footy.
:thumbsu:

Not to mention he never came through the normal elite draft systems most draftees come through only getting a late call up to the Calder Cannons half way through the season in his draft year prior to that playing school footy and local footy for St. Bernards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* me, the expectations some have on Pedlar is ridiculous.

The way some here watch SANFL games is just looking for mistakes players make. It's very, very rare to see any player have a perfect game at any level let alone a draftee at SANFL level.

He's showing some good signs, fitness is the main issue right now. Thilthorpe wasn't kicking bags of 10 at SANFL level.

fu** me, the expectations some have on Pedlar is ridiculous.

The way some here watch SANFL games is just looking for mistakes players make. It's very, very rare to see any player have a perfect game at any level let alone a draftee at SANFL level.

He's showing some good signs, fitness is the main issue right now. Thilthorpe wasn't kicking bags of 10 at SANFL level.

I think the expectations are driven by the bash-brothers pre-season match. Whereas Berry has gone ahead linearly, Pedlar has been interrupted by injury. To me, in the last two weeks he has returned towards Bash-Brothers form. He is a ball magnet and can actually break from packs. The sight of him breaking and swinging onto the left is very stirring.

I think he looks fairly fit now. The only slightly negative comments I can make are (1) he seems to want to belt the cover off the ball when kicking, contributing to inaccuracy, and (2) he may be a little too aggressive for his own good: perhaps he would benefit by toning it down a bit.

fu** me, the expectations some have on Pedlar is ridiculous.

Watching the game, Pedlar had been fairly rated.

The first half was good, but just had a half to forget in the second. Conceded multiple goals through being undisciplined, got smothered multiple times, and execution was a tad off. Still, it was promising that he didn't go into his shell, and kept trying to create which is a great sign about a kids self belief. He'll be alright in the long run.

Calm the farm daddy-o, everyone he came on board with his played AFL, this was his first hit out for our SANFL side

Legit question
Ogilvie said something like we took him early (player development wise) and would have been costly to draft (if we could) if we waited another year with more exposed form so could easily have belonged to last year's draft.

Then covid and injury came along.

That’s not just it. It is your constant negativity about some players where you seem so prepared to sink the boots in and write people’s careers off. I don’t normally respond like this but the people you have strong opinions about are trying their best on the whole but to continue to label people as rubbish etc, and then to sink the boot in when they get something right with a backhanded complement is just really irking me. It doesn’t help these forums either. Just my opinion. I think you should tone it down and I reckon the moderators should ask you to do so too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree.

Interesting where the list changes come from at the end of the year, at this stage you'd keep all the young players and it's senior players you'd probably delist.

We have to upgrade Keays from the rookie list.

Davis is the only sure fire delist option. Others may get a trade or retire from the club.

The list managers job will be hard at the end of the season.

Interesting where the list changes come from at the end of the year, at this stage you'd keep all the young players and it's senior players you'd probably delist.

We have to upgrade Keays from the rookie list.

Davis is the only sure fire delist option. Others may get a trade or retire from the club.

The list managers job will be hard at the end of the season.
Strachan will go I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back