Autopsy AFL 2017 - Elimination and Qualifying Finals - What did you like, learn and hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked - Richmond. Well done. Great for them and their supporters to be one game away from the GF.

Adelaide stamping their authority on their home deck.

Learnt - GWS and Geelong have a lot of work to do to make a preliminary final.

Geelong have a mid tier group of players that aren't prepared to their hands dirty.

Sydney in red hot form. An Adelaide v Sydney Preliminary Final in Adelaide could be the best Preliminary Final ever.

Bombers got flogged, but they got there and had a great year.

West Coast are a good chance to upset an out of form GWS. Like Port, they've got a great record against them.

Hated - Watching Geelong capitulate. Awful for a side ranked 2nd.

Liked - Richmond finally in a prelim, their long suffering fans deserve it.

Obviously, being still in it.

Learnt - GWS don't look like contenders.

Hated - We couldn't turn it up for four quarters. Need to against GWS.

Sydney being possible favourites to win it all.

Liked: destroying the cats with our physical pressure from the first minute to the last, was a joy to watch.

Hated: what's to hate?

Learnt: tigers have stepped up a gear since the loss to geelong, have been better each week with the final being the most manic pressure we've played all year. Do that on prelim day and we are in the big dance.

Also learnt cats fans are a precious insular bunch who don't like it when opposition fans barrack for their team, their tears made me smile.

West Coast fans should go out and buy a lotto ticket. Make the finals because Melbourne sh*t the bed and the Crows have nothing to play for.

Come up against a Port team who can't beat top 8 sides and win with a kick after the siren in extra time on the back of Shuey drawing high contact.. again.

Now play a Giants team that don't play like one, and should they get through that they have Richmond, and who knows what they will deliver in a high stakes prelim.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Liked - despite the result, getting a finals game into the young Essendon players will do wonders.

Learned - what I already knew going into the finals - Sydney will win the flag in a canter.

Hated - the bye - yes it did seem to generate good close games for last years first week of finals but let's be real, the first 3 games this round sucked arse as far as contests go - piss the bye off Gill, nobody needs it!

Liked Richmond's great win and getting rid of the straight sets Tigers tag.West Coast amazing win in extra time.
Hated Crows and Swans one sided contests,not a blight on the Crows,they are an awesome team,just wanted a better spectacle.
Learnt Richmond can actually do it,both teams as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: The tigers winning, beyond the obvious, putting the 3 best teams in the league, Cats, Crows and Swans, all on the same side. Gives a cheeky chance for a GF appearance for 'the rest' on the other side.

Liked: Petrie and Mitchell last night, WCE made off like bandits at last year's trash-and-treasure stall

Hated: Being conflicted about Essendon losing...normally a moment for much rejoicing, but watching the the Evil Empire continue its march was sobering.

Liked:
- Tigers seem to be running on that awesome emotion that the Bulldogs had last year. Made Geelong look second rate.
- Buddy is a monster. 4 in a quarter to put the game out of reach.
- Mitchell/Priddis/Petrie - the old brigade firing up for the eagles with the most amazing finish. Loved watching that game.

Learned
- September is not the time for crazy selection things. Hinkley leaving Trengrove out. Scott leaving Menzel out.

Hated
- Nothing. I love finals. Even the blowouts.

Liked the Tigers winning as much as Geelong losing. Loved WCE winning.

Learnt that WCE probably deserved to keep the Dees out, I'm not sure we would have won last night.

Learnt: what success would mean to the Tiger faithful. I could almost hear the roar from Alice Springs and coming from a supporter who's team has done nothing since the Beatles were the new big thing, I'd love to see them go all the way.

I enjoyed watching Richmond have a win. There army of loyal supporters deserve it so well done to the tigers.

Happy the crows won for my mum. She loves them. Hated the fact Brodie Smith may have done an ACL.

Wrapt for the Bombers to be playing finals again. Unfortunately Sydney pressure eas amazing yesterday. They would have beaten anyone.

Hated the fact we kicked ourself out of the game against West Coast. So many chances to ice the game but just not good enough.

Liked: Buddys 30 minute cameo, Richmond's much maligned leadership and nerve holding up brilliantly, Eagles retiring trio another week

Disliked: Smith ACL

Learned: Dixon is pretty much destined to play his career out as a tease - could have had the dominant performance of the year last night but instead it's arguable he cost his side the game, I massively overrated GWS - honestly thought they would come to finals with some mental toughness but didn't fire a shot

Liked:
- Tigers seem to be running on that awesome emotion that the Bulldogs had last year. Made Geelong look second rate.
- Buddy is a monster. 4 in a quarter to put the game out of reach.
- Mitchell/Priddis/Petrie - the old brigade firing up for the eagles with the most amazing finish. Loved watching that game.

Learned
- September is not the time for crazy selection things. Hinkley leaving Trengrove out. Scott leaving Menzel out.

Hated
- Nothing. I love finals. Even the blowouts.
Yeah I can't believe Geelong selecting Guthrie over Menzel. I mean FFS, you've just dropped a 40 goal a year medium forward with pretty freakish talent levels over a string bean kid who ended up shitting himself in front of the sticks anyway.

No, you don't change things for the sake of it, going on Scotts selection policy for picking players who apply pressure, I'd say 22 players need to be dropped for the Sydney game. You just don't do dumb things like that.

The goal that Guthrie missed was pretty critical, I just can't see Menzel missing that. Not good enough Geelong.

Liked the Tigers winning as much as Geelong losing. Loved WCE winning.

Learnt that WCE probably deserved to keep the Dees out, I'm not sure we would have won last night.

Learnt: what success would mean to the Tiger faithful. I could almost hear the roar from Alice Springs and coming from a supporter who's team has done nothing since the Beatles were the new big thing, I'd love to see them go all the way.
As much as I'd like to see WC do well, I'll be envious if the success they may have

Liked: the results Essendon, Geelong and Port losing (added bonus was Federer losing in the US OPEN).
Federer...yes...what a ckoc scuker!
Why the Fed hate? Arguably the greatest tennis player ever and hardly puts a foot wrong. There was a period there where I just got sick of him winning all the time, but respect for what he's achieved and how he's gone about it is high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back