AFL 2017 First Qualifying Final, Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney, 19:20 ACST : Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't looking forward to the finals and hate the crows but wow am I enjoying this

Shown the Giants up to be pretenders

Crows way harder at the ball, it's a bit embarrassing. GWS should be thankful that Sloane is injured.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a good second half, though - and those already writing off the Giants for the year are going way too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J.Kelly is terrific and it's hard to believe he's only in his 4th year - but he influences the game so little for such a high-disposal player. 17 touches to the half but they've been mostly meaningless.

The AFL is full of accumulators who inflate their worth.

Crows way harder at the ball, it's a bit embarrassing. GWS should be thankful that Sloane is injured.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a good second half, though - and those already writing off the Giants for the year are going way too early.
They've been ordinary all year.

Haven't seen one proper team performance from them.

They have literally got by on sheer talent.

Thought both the Betts holding the ball and the front on push were correct decisions. Admittedly they are the type of calls that if they both went against you and cost you goals in the space of minutes, I can understand people getting hot....but they were both right. If nothing else, the front on contact free, one hand was also high.

Not sure if I'm just conscious of it because of the Greene report, but noticed tonight several players leading with their feet when going up for marks. Walker caught someone and there was another one later in the 2nd that looked like an odd leap.

Impressive game so far for Adelaide. GWS are fumbling constantly and turning it over. Eddie has just been brilliant.

As for Joe the Goose, he laid the tackling in the middle of the ground that turned the ball over, so he very much deserved the goal.

GWS need to recruit players with spirit and determination. 20 highly skilled players plus Mummy and Shaw is not going to win a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back