AFL Club
Carlton
2018-Finals-Pathway-W1.jpg

DlhBhX-U8AASuv9.jpg

aflfinalsexxplained.png

Thursday, September 6

First qualifying final
Richmond v Hawthorn at the MCG, 7.20pm AEST
Last time they met: Round three, Richmond 15.12 (102) d Hawthorn 13.11 (89) at the MCG.

Friday, September 7
First elimination final
Melbourne v Geelong at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST (series ticket match)
Last time they met: Round 18: Geelong 16.4 (100) d Melbourne 14.14 (98) at GMHBA Stadium.

Saturday, September 8
Second elimination final
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney at the SCG, 4.20pm AEST
Last time they met: Round 22: Sydney 11.14 (80) d Greater Western Sydney 8.12 (60) at Spotless Stadium.

Second qualifying final
West Coast v Collingwood at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST
Last time they met: Round 17, West Coast 15.12 (102) d Collingwood 9.13 (67) at the MCG.

Previews

Stadium Information

Ticketing Information

ELIMINATION AND QUALIFYING FINALS
  • Competing club member tickets can be purchased between 9am and 1pm on Tuesday August 28.
  • General public can purchase tickets from 2pm on August 28.
  • AFL members can purchase tickets between 9am and 1pm on Wednesday August 29.
References

Last edited:

GRAND FINAL 2018

Richmond vs Collingwood, Hawthorn or Geelong.

OR...

Hawthorn vs Richmond, Collingwood or Geelong.

I was just happy finally west coast get some concessions in travel

Everyone said we’d get the Thursday night game after a Brisbane trip in a Sunday ....ffs that would be 10 days after finishing second ......we lose a day to travelling back

The Saturday game is much fairer

Richmond get shorter break but didn’t travel in round 23 so that’s fair

Well done AFL FOR ONCE

Everyone said we’d get the Thursday night game after a Brisbane trip in a Sunday ....ffs that would be 10 days after finishing second ......we lose a day to travelling back

Well done AFL FOR ONCE

Not sure 10/12 days is really that much of a big deal.

The bigger concern is the scheduling of the finals to come after that, particularly the PFs.

Not sure 10/12 days is really that much of a big deal.

The bigger concern is the scheduling of the finals to come after that, particularly the PFs.

For us it is a welcome relief ...our guys get flight fatigue after away games ....it’s often why I feel we fade late in games at home

The pf .....well Richmond finished higher ....one will be Friday night the other Saturday twilight

For us it is a welcome relief ...our guys get flight fatigue after away games ....it’s often why I feel we fade late in games at home

The pf .....well Richmond finished higher ....one will be Friday night the other Saturday twilight

Yeah, but a longer break now means shorter breaks later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

genuinely excited even if I didn't give us a chance. I give us a good chance of beating GWS then well, away has been our thing this year and I take some confidence in Collingwood on the G or West Coast at Optus. A prelim is a whole different kettle of fish though.

Once the swans are out, i'm on the Dees train, if they aren't out.

Well done AFL FOR ONCE

The schedule has nothing to do with WC's travel factor.
More to do with maximizing crowds especially the Syd derby and the cross over breaks the following week.

But yes a better result for WC than Thur night.
But personally I think the QF"s should be played thur and friday night

Thursday night final means both Richmond and Hawthorn's VFL players get 5 day breaks if they push for selection in the QF. I don't know about Hawthorn but I know we're playing Butler in a bid to get him into the AFL side. It's fair but don't we want the best players out there for finals?
Then PF fixturing is a mess. Thursday final is a joke and I am truly sorry to those sides who have copped it previously.

Thursday night final means both Richmond and Hawthorn's VFL players get 5 day breaks if they push for selection in the QF. I don't know about Hawthorn but I know we're playing Butler in a bid to get him into the AFL side. It's fair but don't we want the best players out there for finals?
Then PF fixturing is a mess. Thursday final is a joke and I am truly sorry to those sides who have copped it previously.

Yep, Birchall and Sicily most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back