AFL 2018 - Semi Final - Collingwood v G.Western Sydney, MCG, Saturday, 7.25pm

Who will win in Pies v Giants Semi Final?

• Collingwood

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • GWS Giants

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No s**t Sherlock....but he did say (as did your coach) that Collingwood dominated the play and deserved to win..

Once again let me repeat my argument, no one is saying Collingwood did not come out of the blocks blah blah blah but their conversion rate did not reflect this blah blah blah but they got away with this through umpiring decisions blah blah blah

It was HTB decision that when you saw it you either;
1) vomited all over your television screen
2) threw the nearest object at the television screen
3) turned your back in shame at the AFL umpires association
4) All of the above

Unlike yourself we move on and don’t make condescending statements blaming umpires for the result of a game.

By your argument, Cameron would be disappointed that after the 1st quarter, the Giants got back in the game with a number of dubious umpiring decisions.

The fact is the Pies dominated the 1st quarter. Sure they had some frees go their way, however, they played all over the Giants. If they had kicked straight the game would have been all over because they were brilliant. Bucks wouldn’t have been happy with the kicking for goal. I’m sure they will discuss it this week. However, he would have been very happy with how his players absolutely dominated in that first quarter with numbers to the ball and high pressure football.

Once again let me repeat my argument, no one is saying Collingwood did not come out of the blocks blah blah blah but their conversion rate did not reflect this blah blah blah but they got away with this through umpiring decisions blah blah blah
GWS lost - stop sooking - at least you are now saying you are repeating your argument (lame as it is) and not "facts" like you were trying to claim earlier.
Now if we can only get you to get over your fixation with an ability to channel Nathan Buckley and Collingwood in your delusions that they agree with you.
Maybe then you could get off the psych couch and get back to reality..

Unlike yourself we move on and don’t make condescending statements blaming umpires for the result of a game.

By your argument, Cameron would be disappointed that after the 1st quarter, the Giants got back in the game with a number of dubious umpiring decisions.

The fact is the Pies dominated the 1st quarter. Sure they had some frees go their way, however, they played all over the Giants. If they had kicked straight the game would have been all over because they were brilliant. Bucks wouldn’t have been happy with the kicking for goal. I’m sure they will discuss it this week. However, he would have been very happy with how his players absolutely dominated in that first quarter with numbers to the ball and high pressure football.

But they weren’t held accountable... I’m not sure you understand my argument, it is no way Collingwood’s fault that they got that free kick count in the first. Should Buckley ignore what happened in the first quarter as the result wasn’t as bad due to the umpiring?

GWS lost - stop sooking - at least you are now saying you are repeating your argument (lame as it is) and not "facts" like you were trying to claim earlier.
Now if we can only get you to get over your fixation with an ability to channel Nathan Buckley and Collingwood in your delusions that they agree with you.
Maybe then you could get off the psych couch and get back to reality..

So Buckley wouldn’t address their conversion rate in the first...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Buckley wouldn’t address their conversion rate in the first...?
Look at his postmatch...Nathan Buckley concedes his side 'dominated' the game tonight but 'there were areas' they could improve on.
"You cant be dissatisfied with a finals win but we can play better than that..."

Anyway...I though you were saying Buckley agrees with you on everything? Aren't you Nathan Buckley?

We move on - play Richmond next week. That will be the focus now.

You need to move on - your season is over.

I am hoping some moderator will review this thread and as part of their cleanup delete all of your ridiculous posts.
You have single-handedly ruined this thread.

Last edited:
Look at his postmatch...Nathan Buckley concedes his side 'dominated' the game tonight but 'there were areas' they could improve on.
"You cant be dissatisfied with a finals win but we can play better than that..."

Anyway...I though you were saying Buckley agrees with you on everything? Aren't you Nathan Buckley?

We move on - play Richmond next week. That will be the focus now.

You need to move on - your season is over.

Hallelujah you see what I’m saying.

I wish I was Nathan Buckley, and as you state Buckley would know there’s some work to do from that first quarter, he wouldn’t shy away from it. See what I’m saying now?

I do understand the difference, would you like to point out any AFL coach who does make a game plan based on receiving biased free kicks?

thought the hawks a couple of years ago had all the umps posters with their names in their rooms, so they could give the umps a persona/nice touch. They believed it would lead to them getting some type of rub of the green (was pretty genius).

Even though most frees looked to be there, there's no doubt that the umps loved us in the first, however there was a massive square up in the second, which could be argued got you guys back in the game. At one stage in the second they didn't pay 3 obvious holding the balls against GWS inside a 20 second period, guess what a GWS goal resulted.

A few others over the course of the match come to mind too. Greenwood's clear handball being paid as a throw on defensive 50 was ridiculous and there was a block not paid on the other defensive 50 where Mayne's run at the footy was blocked way early meaning he couldn't contest a 'pies miss kick.

I also found the giants tactic of dropping or fumbling the footy as soon as they felt contact from a would be tackler interesting, we'd release the tackle and the giant would then regather the footy and with the benefit of slightly more space get an easier possession away. Although he didn't pick the ball back up Griffen's goal is a pretty good example.

Greenwood didn't throw it! It was the guy he handballed it to. Go back and watch the replay, ckear throw

Let’s not be coy here, you know the one I mean
Sorry I don't. Someone has mentioned it involved JDG. Sorry but that hasn't triggered any memory for me. Can you at least describe it or say what time in the last Q it occurred so I can go and have a look at it.

You’re the bigger person than me, even I got in the WCE vs Coll board and had a crack, just ask the WCE fans.
I have looked at the last 6 min of the replay. Assume it's when JDG got pinged for HTB with McGovern. A minute and a half to go, a hot HTB decision that the umps will argue was there in the WCE back half so they get a free rather than the ball being still in play.

Are you seriously trying to say that decision had some influence on the game.

Greenwood didn't throw it! It was the guy he handballed it to. Go back and watch the replay, ckear throw
Fair enough. Being at the game all I could go by is the replay they showed on the bigscreen, which was Greenwood's handball not the following disposal.

all I could go by is the replay they showed on the bigscreen, which was Greenwood's handball not the following disposal.
The replay of that, on Fox was a crack up, they started talking up how Greenwood handballs it, then when the next player threw it, they just stopped talking, and went back to live, not wanting to admit it.

Back