Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice alt account to post in the game day thread. Post all the facts before speaking Jeremy Howe, Degoey, Elliot, Sidebottom, Ginnivan and McStay all out so Shhhhhhhhhh
Ginnivan was dropped. Also he has been horrendous all season. So to include him in a list of outs is head scratching. Also Elliott is averaging 0.9 goals a game. With the bad delivery going inside 50m he wouldn't had fired a shot. McStay is averaging a staggering 0.6 goals per game. Howe is a gun and Sidebottom is a good player but Oliver, Petty and the underrated Bowey trump those players. If Sidebottom plays maybe Lipinski doesn't play, who was your best player. If Elliott plays maybe Harrison doesn't play and he played well too.

Good to see the Pies fans are staying classy in this thread - 'gracious in victory and humble in defeat'.

We can't say the same about a number of the usual Melbourne supporting suspects, not to mention a few 'neutral' trolls (seemingly from burner accounts) who aren't getting the bites they are after.

See you have been exposed as a troll already. You come in here trolling trying to get under people’s skin but when they don’t roll over like you want them to and they call you out, you start the personal attacks. Someone shows that 31% of your posts have been about Collingwood and you call them ‘weak and pathetic. It didn’t go the way you wanted so you get personal. Not only are you a troll but you are a failed one at that.
In a thread about the game, I commented about the game. Pies were soft, Dees tougher. Deal with it.

The Dees set up really well and clogged up our usual avenues of attack, it was very good preparation, our coaches have some thinking to do because the game plan was cracked today and other clubs will study what Melbourne did.
I didn’t realise Melbourne was the 1st team to beat the Pies past 2 seasons.

Amazing what people come up with after losing your 2nd game over 13 rounds…..

Ginnivan was dropped. Also he has been horrendous all season. So to include him in a list of outs is head scratching. Also Elliott is averaging 0.9 goals a game. With the bad delivery going inside 50m he wouldn't had fired a shot. McStay is averaging a staggering 0.6 goals per game. Howe is a gun and Sidebottom is a good player but Oliver, Petty and the underrated Bowey trump those players. If Sidebottom plays maybe Lipinski doesn't play, who was your best player. If Elliott plays maybe Harrison doesn't play and he played well too.
This isn’t a serious post is it?

Both Nick and Josh Daicos are chances to miss Monday:

Collingwood star Josh Daicos appears in doubt for Monday’s King’s Birthday blockbuster against Melbourne as Covid and the flu hits the Magpies.

Josh and brother Nick Daicos, who is favourite for this year’s Brownlow Medal, were expected to light up a function at the Bannockburn Railway Hotel on Saturday night alongside their legendary father Peter.
But just before 1pm on Saturday the pub cancelled the show.

“It is with regret we must inform you that Macedonian Marvels ‘An Evening with Peter, Josh & Nick Daicos’ will not be going ahead tonight,” a statement said.

“We have just been informed that both Josh and Nick have fallen ill. On club advice, they are on bed rest in an effort to be fit for Monday.

“A NEW DATE will be announced asap (sic). All tickets will be valid for the new scheduled date.”

The Magpies have confirmed that Josh has been unwell, but said Nick was OK. It’s believed Josh contracted the flu and not Covid.

But a few Magpies players have had either Covid or the flu this week. Injured defender Jeremy Howe appeared on AFL360 remotely after testing positive for Covid.
Do they still live at home?

Good to see the Pies fans are staying classy in this thread - 'gracious in victory and humble in defeat'.

We can't say the same about a number of the usual Melbourne supporting suspects, not to mention a few 'neutral' trolls (seemingly from burner accounts) who aren't getting the bites they are after.

Is this what you call humble in defeat?

FMD

We lost to Collingwood the year we won the flag. We looked flat that day and had an average game. Collingwood losing today really does not mean much. The upside for Melbourne is that we kicked badly, meaning we had a lot of opportunity to kick a much bigger winning score. Melbourne really needed that win. We played a good style today, and need to use that as a base to build the second half of our season.

As far as Collingwood, well they’re going to be top 2. Good sides are going to drop a game here or there. It happens. I’d pretty much prefer to play anyone but Collingwood in a GF, if we made it. They’re a very well coached and well led side. The key to getting close to them is to play very close to the man and force contests more than not.

Collingwood will be there when it matters, a little bump before the bye but I’d not want to play them next round.

'gracious in victory and humble in defeat'.
forget that!

Liked: the eerie silence amongst the black and white when they realize they are beaten. AND the way a few Collingwood players had given up, half way through the last quarter (no names).
Learned: CH7 commentators are worse than we thought
Hated: the stand rule and the umpiring in all games

forget that!

Liked: the eerie silence amongst the black and white when they realize they are beaten. AND the way a few Collingwood players had given up, half way through the last quarter (no names).
Learned: CH7 commentators are worse than we thought
Hated: the stand rule and the umpiring in all games

We almost won the game coming back in the last few minutes. Who gave up? Very odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jesus demons would have been filthy if they lost that.

that should have been a 6 goal win minimum.

Melbourne look disgustingly good when they play like that.

How are some of the trolling efforts in this thread?

Do these posters really think we're too concerned with a 4 point loss to another premiership contender, whilst we remain on top of the ladder, two games and percentage clear of 3rd?

i mean you are 100% correct, in the scheme of things this doesnt mean much. Collingwood will still finish top 2.

But this wasn't just 4 point loss.

i think your coaching team would be pretty concerned they gave up 26 scoring shots to Melbourne. Melbourne absolutely dominated the game but just didn't convert. it's not something that will frazzle Collingwood but there is defiantly some work they need to do after that.

That really would have been a 30+ point loss.

Ben Brown had a B grade season in 21 13 game 25 goals
Tom McDonald kicked 33 goals that year 23 games B grade year.

Both kicked 3 in the GF in 21
and I was there to witness it with my own eyes.

Bayley Fritsch kicked 6 in the GF and kicked 59 goals that year, 2nd in the AFL in 21, he is an Elite A grade Champion.

At least talk facts champ.
Mihocek is a better player than Ben Brown was then.
Tom McDonald was putting up McStay numbers
Fritsch is not a key forward

Champ

i mean you are 100% correct, in the scheme of things this doesnt mean much. Collingwood will still finish top 2.

But this wasn't just 4 point loss.

i think your coaching team would be pretty concerned they gave up 26 scoring shots to Melbourne. Melbourne absolutely dominated the game but just didn't convert. it's not something that will frazzle Collingwood but there is defiantly some work they need to do after that.

That really would have been a 30+ point loss.
Absolutely.

And better to learn that now than in September.

Pretty confident Collingwood have a considerable amount of upside in them.

Absolutely.

And better to learn that now than in September.

Pretty confident Collingwood have a considerable amount of upside in them.

yep. I think Collingwood's ability to stay in games has a tangible mental impact on other teams. has happened to us numerous times.

Collingwood are strong across the park and will be there when the chips are counted in September. They will only come out firing after bye week.

But yeah my point was walking away thinking that was just a 4 point loss is very dangerous IMO

If anything thinks Collingwood will play like that again or in a big final, you’ll be very disappointed. Whilst I don’t love Collingwood, the reactive visceral reactions are really quite comical. They’ll be very hard to beat when it matters most.
Pretty much summed up.

Dees looked bloody great and should’ve won by a lot more. Their inaccuracy kept the Pies in it.

Dees beat the top team then welcome back Oliver after the bye, it’s a pretty good situation to be in.

Pies looked second rate, but the bye comes at a handy time with no real alarm bells. There’s not much more to it than that.

Pretty much summed up.

Dees looked bloody great and should’ve won by a lot more. Their inaccuracy kept the Pies in it.

Dees beat the top team then welcome back Oliver after the bye, it’s a pretty good situation to be in.

Pies looked second rate, but the bye comes at a handy time with no real alarm bells. There’s not much more to it than that.
Spot on.

Sides that win flags drop a game every now and then. It just happens. The upside for us is that we did it without Oliver, we grunted it out, we kicked badly meaning we had plenty of opportunity to kick on, and, we didn’t let Collingwood come back like they regularly do.

I’ll be very disappointed if Melbourne doesn’t use this as a reset to launch for another flag tilt. Collingwood will absolutely be there. Port will be hard to beat at home. Very.

Back