Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees set up really well and clogged up our usual avenues of attack, it was very good preparation, our coaches have some thinking to do because the game plan was cracked today and other clubs will study what Melbourne did.
We set our zone up through the middle and didn't press, just waited for your players to run into us. We executed extremely well, was interesting to watch and must have taken a lot of discipline to sit back and not rush at the player with the footy. I'm sure McRae will go to work on it though and see how he can combat it next time. That really was a domination by us around the ground and everywhere bar the scoreboard after the first 15 minutes but with key players missing who generally make life difficult for us (particularly Sidebottom and Elliott) I doubt the Pies go away thinking they can't win a rematch in September.

Will be interesting to watch the rest of the season play out.

We set our zone up through the middle and didn't press, just waited for your players to run into us. We executed extremely well, was interesting to watch and must have taken a lot of discipline to sit back and not rush at the player with the footy. I'm sure McRae will go to work on it though and see how he can combat it next time. That really was a domination by us around the ground and everywhere bar the scoreboard after the first 15 minutes but with key players missing who generally make life difficult for us (particularly Sidebottom and Elliott) I doubt the Pies go away thinking they can't win a rematch in September.

Will be interesting to watch the rest of the season play out.
It was great stuff, been a while since I've seen our guys standing there with no clue what to do with the ball. We looked stupid. Fly's got some work to do.

Fairly sure Brown has been playing VFL. Rounds 7,8,9,10,11,12. Would he have played this week if not injured? Unlikely.
Tom Macdonald has played 3 games in the VFL. Would he have played this week? Maybe. Apart from his 4 goals against West Coast, the guy has been a liability for Melbourne. But, if he is in your best 22, we can't help you.
Mate I don't think any of us are arguing that Brown and Tmac are absolute guns waiting to be unleashed. We're just saying that if you guys are gonna bring up injured spud Dan "kicked less goals then Ben Brown in 2022/23" McStay then we can bring up our injured forward spuds too.

In your words, if McStay is best 22 for you guys, we can't help you

In the end you guys have arguably your best player out, along with 2-3 best 22 players.
We also have arguably our best player out, along with 2-3 best 22 players out
It's absolutely pathetic to bring up injuries in this case.

Last edited:
Mate I don't think any of us are arguing that Brown and Tmac are absolute guns waiting to be unleashed. We're just saying that if you guys are gonna bring up injured spud Dan "kicked less goals then Ben Brown in 2022/23" McStay then we can bring up our injured forward spuds too.

In the end you guys have arguably your best player out, along with 2-3 best 22 players.
We also have arguably our best player out, along with 2-3 best 22 players out
It's absolutely pathetic to bring up injuries in this case.
Despite what you think, McStay is best 22 at Collingwood.
Same can't be said about Ben Brown being best 22 at Melbourne. And Macdonald is questionable. If you think they are both best 22, well then ok. They were both big outs for you.

Despite what you think, McStay is best 22 at Collingwood.
Same can't be said about Ben Brown being best 22 at Melbourne. And Macdonald is questionable. If you think they are both best 22, well then ok. They were both big outs for you.
Nah I honestly don't think that Brown and McDonald are big outs, neither is Mcstay though

in your words, if Dan McStay is best 22 for you guys, then we can't help you

The thing with Brown and Tmac is they IMO and opinion of many other not best 22. However particularly with Brown if he was to get his body right he’d be likely in the 22. He was injured this week but wouldn’t have played. Not sure he can get anywhere near full fitness again. Pretty much same with Tmac. And unless they are 100% their lack of agility really limits them.
I would argue Johnson (had a stinker yesterday) is better than McStay. Especially when you are playing Cameron and Cox. McStay is a little overrated IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Brown and Tmac is they IMO and opinion of many other not best 22. However particularly with Brown if he was to get his body right he’d be likely in the 22. He was injured this week but wouldn’t have played. Not sure he can get anywhere near full fitness again. Pretty much same with Tmac. And unless they are 100% their lack of agility really limits them.
I would argue Johnson (had a stinker yesterday) is better than McStay. Especially when you are playing Cameron and Cox. McStay is a little overrated IMO.
Joel Smith looks a tad short to be a KPF, but geewizz, he looks an athlete and a robust fellow who could cause havoc and get off the leash.

Joel Smith looks a tad short to be a KPF, but geewizz, he looks an athlete and a robust fellow who could cause havoc and get off the leash.
He has only played 30 games in 6 seasons. He has had a terrible run with injury and was thrown into the back line for a period of time also. I think his best spot is up forward. Agree though he is a touch short for key forward. But he is a super athlete and thought he was good yesterday. I’d be playing his over Brown and Tmac at this point.

both players spoke to the media after the game, one of them says what happens on the field stays on the field, the other has a sook and tries to play the victim

Cox is a flog and anyone who tries to defend him is as well.

What a ******* princess
So Petracca has a go at him after the game... everyone on here (mainly Melbourne fans) solely blame Cox... more information comes to light and the narrative gets changed.

Interesting.

This isn’t a serious post is it?
Sure was like seriously petty and bowe that’s a very special view. I don’t think some people have any idea when they don’t have facts when Elliot been playing injured for 8 weeks and that’s why they finally gave him a rest to recover from a bad shoulder or what ever it is plus Mcstay crashes the packs and lets the other forwards get off the hook for mihocek to play his natural game. But ginnivan was dropped or out sick with flu they reported but Apparently ginnivan kicking 40 goals last year doesn’t mean anything but petty and bowe are awesome. If Howe sidy Elliot McStay and de goey play you win.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post mate

Look Mcstay probably is better than Ben Brown and Tom Macdonald this year, but he's still a super average player who would've done not much yesterday. My point was if you guys bring up your injured average spud forward, then we can bring up our average injured spud forwards.
I never mentioned McStay. I responded to a post claiming 80% of Melbourne’s spine is out, however a) midfielders are not part of the spine and b) Brown and McDonald will probably not play again as they are not good enough. McStay is no spud and played a very good final against Melbourne last year.

Sure was like seriously petty and bowe that’s a very special view. I don’t think some people have any idea when they don’t have facts when Elliot been playing injured for 8 weeks and that’s why they finally gave him a rest to recover from a bad shoulder or what ever it is plus Mcstay crashes the packs and lets the other forwards get off the hook for mihocek to play his natural game. But ginnivan was dropped or out sick with flu they reported but Apparently ginnivan kicking 40 goals last year doesn’t mean anything but petty and bowe are awesome. If Howe sidy Elliot McStay and de goey play you win.
Okay other than Mcstay, who I personally think is no good, nobodies claiming that those guys aren't good players.

They're all best 22 players for Collingwood and Collingwood would be a better side if they were in. But every single club in the whole league has injuries/suspensions/whatever and nobody is playing their best 22 right now.
Idk how many times I have to say this: Collingwood has arguably their best player out due to suspension, along with 2-3 other best 22 players.
Melbourne had arguably their best player out (and one of the bets players in the *ing comp), and 2-3 of their best 22 out.

It's a pathetic excuse.

I never mentioned McStay. I responded to a post claiming 80% of Melbourne’s spine is out, however a) midfielders are not part of the spine and b) Brown and McDonald will probably not play again as they are not good enough. McStay is no spud and played a very good final against Melbourne last year.
I'll agree to disagree on McStay, I think he's a *ing spud lol. He's already played 5 games for you and hasn't exactly set the world on fire -I'd say Ben Browns first 2 games were better than all of them. Again, I don't think either of them make a difference yesterday.

Yeah look I'm not gonna act like majority of Melbourne team is out , I'm just pointing out that Collignwood isn't unique to having injuries/suspensions. Both teams had multiple best 22 players out and both teams had a genuine star (Oliver and De Goey) out yesterday.

So Petracca has a go at him after the game... everyone on here (mainly Melbourne fans) solely blame Cox... more information comes to light and the narrative gets changed.

Interesting.

So one player went to the media and had a sook and the other didn't

Interesting.

McStay was a regular at Brisbane…. fair to say they have had a far superior forward line to Melbourne.
McSTay wasn't a full forward.
Ok so McStay wan’t a full forward at Brisbane, but he was really good at it because Brisbane had a really good forard line, so he’s a full forward at Collingwood and he’s doing a great job averaging half a goal a game.

Right, thanks for clearing that up!!!

The 80% of the spine missing comment came from a St.Kilda supporter using their Melbourne troll account. I wouldn’t pay any attention to it.

Back