Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that Brown and McDonald who are struggling at Casey? Ben Reid would offer more in 2023
I gotta agree with you on this one. Brown is a spud who i never want to see again and Tom Mcdonald is simply too slow these days. The only thing these two do is kick straight but they offer nothing at ground level. I'd prefer Joel Smith who did some nice things like the chase down tackle on Maynard and even though he missed the set shot, I like the tone it sets.

Is that Brown and McDonald who are struggling at Casey? Ben Reid would offer more in 2023
If you guys bring up Mcstay, we can bring up Ben Brown and Tom Macdonald lol in fact Ben Brown kicked more goals than Mcstay did last year and this year (personally I don't think either Brown or Mcstay make difference yesterday)

But just in general, every single team in the comp has best 22 players out (including the Pies and the dees), so I think it's just pathetic excuse when it gets brought up.
Yeah the Pies had 4 best 22 players out, we had 3 best 22 players out, so ******* what?

I honestly wished they all played so I don't have to hear you guys sook about it

Last edited:

If you guys bring up Mcstay, we can bring up Ben Brown and Tom Macdonald lol in fact Ben Brown kicked more goals than Mcstay did last year and this year (personally I don't think either Brown or Mcstay make difference yesterday)

But just in general, every single team in the comp has best 22 players out (including the Pies and the dees), so I think it's just pathetic excuse when it gets brought up.
Yeah the Pies had 4 best 22 players out, we had 3 best 22 players out, so ******* what?

I honestly wished they all played so I don't have to hear you guys sook about it
Well, hopefully we get to play eachother again this season.
I think we are looking forward to it more than what you are.

Terrible comparison. If McStay were at Melbourne he would be playing. Those two are at Melbourne and they're not because they're cooked.

Bloody good game!
Dees pressure is something not many clubs can do.

Dees forward methodology is still skewwhiff. If they get that going and score more goals, it'll be huge for them. They also dominated the rucks.

Pies will think that they were at 75%. Hard to know if that was due to Dees or other internal issues. Time will tell.

So, we see Pies have been beaten by two different approaches, so it may not be such a certainty as some think that they have already won the flag. Pressure and expecation will increase from here, it's funny how those things can affect performance.

I'm hoping all of Pies Dees Port Lions and Cats are in pristine form by September, so that we get treated to close top shelf games like yesterday's.

All I saw was panic on the Melbourne player faces. 30 more seconds and we probably would have won. Melbourne looked gone.
I note someone on the AFL web site also refers to panic. "Panicked pies"

Terrible comparison. If McStay were at Melbourne he would be playing. Those two are at Melbourne and they're not because they're cooked.
Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post mate

Look Mcstay probably is better than Ben Brown and Tom Macdonald this year, but he's still a super average player who would've done not much yesterday. My point was if you guys bring up your injured average spud forward, then we can bring up our average injured spud forwards.

Last edited:
Collingwood went missing when they were dragged into the trenches

Don't like physical football. Quite a pretty and soft team the Pies

Had we kicked straight, that was a convincing win

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Lions did the same when we beat them. Naicos squibbed a couple in that game as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit. McStay sucks and everyone knows it.
Josh Schache has shown more this year at AFL level than McStay.
Yet McStay was a regular at Brisbane, while they were quick to dump Schache.
And Scheche was shiit in the VFL over the weekend as well. Schache so good only got selected against North

All I saw was panic on the Melbourne player faces. 30 more seconds and we probably would have won. Melbourne looked gone.
Be honest though, if Melbourne even kicked averagely in front of goal, instead of horrifically we would've won by 6 goals. We smashed you all over the park for the majority of the day but just couldn't convert. Dees players didn't drop their heads at all. A few questionable free kicks in that last 3-4 minutes too.

Collingwood are still the best team in it though in my opinion. Just in terms of consistency but Melbourne's best is still going to trouble the pies, but we haven't played this way in 18 months to be honest. The defensive pressure was finally up. Pies fans are saying there were uncharacteristic mistakes from guys like Daicos and Pendlebury but every time they got the ball they were jittery and were given no time or space.

Be honest though, if Melbourne even kicked averagely in front of goal, instead of horrifically we would've won by 6 goals. We smashed you all over the park for the majority of the day but just couldn't convert. Dees players didn't drop their heads at all. A few questionable free kicks in that last 3-4 minutes too.
McIness missing in the goal square.
Hoskin-Elliot 30m out directly in front in the last qtr. Yes, goals are missed. Some more gettable than others.
4 points or 4 goals. Not really a big deal. Good to get a wakeup call when you had only lost 1 game for the season. I'm sure the Pies will be better for it.
Congratulations.

I can't help you. Neither can science.
You're just dribbling absolute s**t here.

McStay averaging just over a goal a game before he left Brisbane is meaningless. Brisbane having a good forward line is also meaningless, and it also has nothing to do with McStay (have you even watched Brisbane play?).

FWIW Josh Schache averaged 1.7 goals a game across their 2021 season at the Dogs. McStay has never averaged that many.

McStay is a bloody average footballer.

McIness missing in the goal square.
Hoskin-Elliot 30m out directly in front in the last qtr. Yes, goals are missed. Some more gettable than others.
4 points or 4 goals. Not really a big deal. Good to get a wakeup call when you had only lost 1 game for the season. I'm sure the Pies will be better for it.
Congratulations.
We had more behinds than your total Goals and Behinds. The Mcinnes one was a combination of perceived pressure and a guy who is probably the 22nd player of the 22 so they're bound to make howlers which that definitely was. We had about 6 misses equivalent to Hoskin-Elliott's though. Grundys, Picketts and Joel Smith's without even thinking.

It's not a wake up call really for you guys. Pies will be fine. You're still flag favourites. But I think it just showed that when true pressure is applied even your Rolls-Royces in Pendles and Daicos feel the heat.

Back