Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - North v Carlton Good Friday Appeal Game March 29th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All 3 of North's have been from frees as well
Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Ok quarter time. Let the boys play. Put the whistle away unless is bleeding obvious.
Don't try and be too involved in the game if you are an umpire. There's nothing worse than a whistle happy umpire . Rant over

Will there be a whistle in the second quarter? I reckon they will have their 'review' at the break and put it away.

Qtr time thoughts: Umpires are absolutely cooked.
Its a surprise, but I would like to see these holds paid every game. Players might stop doing it.

Fact is, we're trash and had to dominate the middle to be any chance of not getting obliterated. First quarter is probably as good as it gets. 16*4 would be 64, but it will likely be worse than that. I'd take Anything under 90 points from here.

The Larkey one was a joke too. Holding the defender's arm against him.

I think the umpire was on the other side so just saw Larkey’s arm being held down by the defender. But yeah, unlucky for the defender in that circumstance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please change the thread title to @ Free Kick Carlton
All the free kicks deserved to be paid out of stupidity alone. Mckercher, dumb as and sloppy with his tackle. A north player holding his opponent despite have 2 on 1. Terribly low iq footy from both teams. Most goals from free kicks.

None of Norths were clearly there.
But it is Good Friday.
And North are THE charity club of the AFL since ever.

What? Your own fans are admitting they were there. You can’t face away from the ball and wrap up a player; you can’t reach out and trip someone, and you can’t pin a forward’s arm down (Larkey was contributing to that as well)

If it's going to be a "free kick heavy" game Carlton's likely to cop it as their forwards are way better than North's defenders.

FWIW I don't think the umps are unfairly favouring one side. It's just all round too overumpired. One has to worry whether the umpire's know about the Good Friday Appeal which is why they're giving key forwards so many 50/50's they might otherwise ignore....

Back