Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I had a game for the first time in weeks and it's good to see that my player still can't pick the ball up but chooses to instead kick it along the ground. Good to see my player turns like a b-double truck. Good to see the players are still waiting for the opposition to tackle after receiving a handball. Game also crashed twice

With all the feedback that Bigant have received how is this crap still not fixed

Madden, FIFA, NBA approaches now. Next year lad.

Would have thought they would have put out some communication today about the delay or non deliverance of the in retailers by July Early August but still nothing I see.
That’s because they know they’ll cop it and we all know they can’t take criticism

That’s because they know they’ll cop it and we all know they can’t take criticism
Isn’t this doing more damage across all releases?

They don’t have to post on their own forums or any forums but at least have the decency to announce something.

I’m sure the retailers are happy with them to.

I gave up on this months ago 🤣 what is there, like 50 people playing?

This game is dead and buried, missing actual core features entirely. At least BigAnt made me laugh. Good comedic value.

According to facebook it was 12 years ago today I went for a job interview at bigant. Bullet dodged thankfully.
No wonder you didn't hear back, word is that physical copies of your resume were delayed somewhere over the Indian ocean.

I gave up on this months ago 🤣 what is there, like 50 people playing?

This game is dead and buried, missing actual core features entirely. At least BigAnt made me laugh. Good comedic value.
I'm honestly shocked with what we got, I think a lot of us expected this to be far more advanced than Evo 2, not Soccer match glitches, benches on the field, stuck in the mud, tank controls, missile footballs through the goals, 5 metre only hand balls, broken/unrealistic/bare bones contested play.

The 2023 early release should have been a red flag, I originally thought the game wouldn't come out until 2024 at the earliest, when in hindsight probably still needed at least a 2025 release.

They're likely counting their losses and moving on. This could be the final AFL game for years. I'll be surprised if BA make a sequel, when they probably took a huge loss on this. But hey, the red carpet was fun.

Last edited:
Clearly the game isn’t up to scratch and is pretty much dead in the water now. Surely there’s not enough people playing it now for them to warrant bringing out pro team?

Damage was done with a shoddy release, poor communication and even more delays.

I really hope this hasn’t damaged or ended the Cricket series as it’s a decent game yes it had issues too but it’s actually quite solid and fun still now. I have no idea how Rugby plays , not a fan of the sport and can’t say I’ve played a tennis video game either but it would be a shame for those supporters if the botched AFL game kills off those planned releases but right now there’s just zero confidence in this company so haven’t got any high hopes which is a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do BA legally have to release Pro Teams and/or the Xbox version of the game eventually?

I’m not sure with Pro Teams as its a game mode but I’d assume unless Microsoft has completely axed their contract, then legally the game would have to release or Big Ant will probably get another slap on the wrist 🤷🏻‍♂️

The thread that keeps on giving, late night reading at its finest!

I look forward to the obligatory thumbs down or laughing reaction from a certain few but I'll post anyway.

-pro Team i believe Is ready to go once xbox drops. Been built and ready for ages, the quality of the build remains unknown obviously.

-xbox, firstly I want to say I get the frustration, its crazy. But you all still know they are being gagged from commenting on this by Microsoft. A s**t issue yes, but BA are tied here.

And I'll state again, xbox stuff has nothing to do with the state of the game or its patches. That's just a cool narrative.

-lastly, the comms about the parts of the game they aren't restricted by e.g management mode, has been a huge let down for mine.

Not bring able to articulate what's coming on patches, future works etc has been a huge flop. I really think their PR team need to rethink this strategy.

Understand not wanting to give exact timelines on things, but just a update of sorts is massively needed.

My hope is a re launch around finals, at least that's what I'd be aiming for to try spark interest again. By relaunch I mean x box, pro teams, the works.

This could be the final AFL game for years.
Maybe ever TBH... At least in terms of a major release... I don't see any dev team wanting to take the risk with such a small market... You've either got no room to make anything good with the miniscule budget you would have to work with to make any sort of profit or no room to make any money to make the venture worthwhile. It's too much of a risk either way, You either tank your rep, tank your bank account or both.

I think we have to face it, we're just too small time of a sport to truly get a Simulation type game. Maybe someone might succeed with an indie Arcade Aussie Rules title but that's about it. I think we all have to think smaller here and just get out a game that plays well before trying to add anything else to it.

So I had a game for the first time in weeks and it's good to see that my player still can't pick the ball up but chooses to instead kick it along the ground.

I'm tapping the ball on the ground, jealous that others are playing Fifa in an AFL video game!!!

I had a few games across the weekend. Still think its fun when it works (kicking goallllls) but everything else is disappointing. This could have been the game to unite the footy community.

It's united everyone but lynch mobs instead :p

Maybe ever TBH... At least in terms of a major release... I don't see any dev team wanting to take the risk with such a small market... You've either got no room to make anything good with the miniscule budget you would have to work with to make any sort of profit or no room to make any money to make the venture worthwhile. It's too much of a risk either way, You either tank your rep, tank your bank account or both.

I think we have to face it, we're just too small time of a sport to truly get a Simulation type game. Maybe someone might succeed with an indie Arcade Aussie Rules title but that's about it. I think we all have to think smaller here and just get out a game that plays well before trying to add anything else to it.
I wouldn't think forever, the business model could change in the future with something like Streaming services for video games, game development may become cheaper with AI technology, and AFL may expand overseas. That may take many years, though, definitely not forever.

-xbox, firstly I want to say I get the frustration, its crazy. But you all still know they are being gagged from commenting on this by Microsoft. A s**t issue yes, but BA are tied here.

And I'll state again, xbox stuff has nothing to do with the state of the game or its patches. That's just a cool narrative.

Are you saying that someone from BA has breached this purported NDA and divulged the issue to you? Or are you just speculating like everyone else?

-pro Team i believe Is ready to go once xbox drops. Been built and ready for ages, the quality of the build remains unknown obviously.
See even this right here is exactly why everyone is frustrated.
Ross came here and stated that it was in testing and would be out before Xbox. Whether everyone agreed with that or not is another story.
But the fact that there’s no update on this until you’ve had to come on here and comment about it is ridiculous.
They clearly don’t learn from past mistakes and I’ll continue to take the piss out of them because of this

This could have been the game to unite the footy community.
I was so sure the producer was going to be doing some real quality control, take their time with the game like they did with Live 2011, make sure it plays like the actual sport in most aspects. I never expected an ET style AFL game from them, after they ripped into WW in 2020 on here. It's just stunning what happened with their hostility, after they brought out a lemon.

I look forward to the obligatory thumbs down or laughing reaction from a certain few but I'll post anyway.

-lastly, the comms about the parts of the game they aren't restricted by e.g management mode, has been a huge let down for mine.

Not bring able to articulate what's coming on patches, future works etc has been a huge flop. I really think their PR team need to rethink this strategy.

Understand not wanting to give exact timelines on things, but just a update of sorts is massively needed.

My hope is a re launch around finals, at least that's what I'd be aiming for to try spark interest again. By relaunch I mean x box, pro teams, the works.
I may be wrong, but I did mention the Xbox release and pro teams, so I assume you are responding to me.

My post was just a legit question. I ain't suing them. I have the game on PS4 and 5. Just legitimately wanting to know if they "have to" release pro teams and the Xbox version.

Mate that’s all fine if they do that but when you put out a statement saying retailers will have the game late July / Early August and it’s now the middle of August the very least they could do is come out and just say it has been further delayed TBC.

Finals launch is extremely optimistic given it’s only a couple of weeks ago you would have thought they would have done an announcement saying sorry for the delays but it’ll be launching at finals time, it would be a pretty rushed job to have it releasing in finals and honestly there isn’t much to gain out of it. I don’t think your going to get a raft of players out of the woodwork to want to play.

They supposedly have Rugby releasing 7th September too, do you reckon they’d do both in the same week? September there are some big games coming out Starfield NBA 2K Mortal Kombat and FC24. Probably others too but just the ones that came off top of my head again with those releases can’t see a mad rush of people to jump on to play pro team or go and get the Xbox version.

Just park the bus on this game get Rugby out and Cricket , get AFL up to speed and release it again in Feb / March before the next AFL season kicks off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back