AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the crowd was bigger last night than last seasons game v dons.

The only thing wrong with AO is it isn't big enough to clear the Crows member waiting list and future membership expansion.
This whole 'stadium isn't big enough' is flat out wrong.

Lats night was a record home and away crowd against essendon eclipsing the 46,309 back in 2004. This losing its shine the ground is just a complete myth.

Lats night was a record home and away crowd against essendon eclipsing the 46,309 back in 2004. This losing its shine the ground is just a complete myth.
Again, the stadium itself isn't the issue.

6K short of a full house on a perfect Saturday night against a high drawing side. As I said, the stadium itself isn't necessarily the factor here, it's what people have to spend.

There comes a tipping point when people will say enough is enough

Then they shouldn't bother coming, and don't bother whinging about ticket prices if their not going to turn up. plenty of people want to go to the games, our membership illustrates this. You go to watch the football, that's it everything else is irrelevant.

Then they shouldn't bother coming, and don't bother whinging about ticket prices if their not going to turn up. plenty of people want to go to the games, our membership illustrates this. You go to watch the football, that's it everything else is irrelevant.
I agree from a personal perspective, but it really isn't the way of the world. I don't drink at the footy, but I do ask why are we paying substantially more for food and drink than we did in 2014.

The ground is the perfect size from the clubs perspective, it means they can keep increasing membership costs and people will still pay it.

Adelaide Oval isn't getting any bigger in the medium term future at least, it's fine the way it is. We aren't the only tenants and thus it shouldn't be about what's best for us but for everyone.

Yes, we can and have been able to do so for a couple of years. Also if you 'return' your seat to the club you get a little bit of money back if the seat sells.
Do you have a link for the ticket share? I know we can do the ticket return but I haven't seen anything about ticket sharing since the last season at footy park

I agree from a personal perspective, but it really isn't the way of the world. I don't drink at the footy, but I do ask why are we paying substantially more for food and drink than we did in 2014.

The ground is the perfect size from the clubs perspective, it means they can keep increasing membership costs and people will still pay it.

Adelaide Oval isn't getting any bigger in the medium term future at least, it's fine the way it is. We aren't the only tenants and thus it shouldn't be about what's best for us but for everyone.

Nothing the club can do about it, the government needs to come down hard and do something about this along with the AFL. They managed to lower the prices at the MCG, hopefully they can do the same. Membership prices will always go up, especially when the team is playing brilliantly as it is, I don't have any problem with that.

Nothing the club can do about it, the government needs to come down hard and do something about this along with the AFL. They managed to lower the prices at the MCG, hopefully they can do the same. Membership prices will always go up, especially when the team is playing brilliantly as it is, I don't have any problem with that.

Re prices supply and demand is spot on.
Still find it frustrating to look on ports site and see
Screenshot_2017-04-16-11-04-32.png
Head over to 19thman.com
Screenshot_2017-04-16-11-05-27.png
More expensive for the same product....

Last edited:
It's a joke i still have a membership in my name and go to 4-5 games (last night first for the year) had to get there at 4 to line up for when the gates open at 5pm.
RUN when i get in to save the 4 seats we need.
The very few unreserved seating bays filled by 5:20.
Should not be like this we Essential members got screwed big time from an 18000 seat section to a 14000 section while selling more than the previous 18000.
When the opportunity arises to get permanent seats I'll be snapping it up.
Western Stand essential is now dogshit imo

There were still plenty of seats available in the Western Stand 40 minutes before the game started.

Having said that would be great if they slashed the number of reserved seats, and ideally get rid of it altogether in the western stand (bar the ones for function guests etc, which wouldn't be that many). If people want a Reserved seat there's plenty of other options available for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were still plenty of seats available in the Western Stand 40 minutes before the game started.

Having said that would be great if they slashed the number of reserved seats, and ideally get rid of it altogether in the western stand (bar the ones for function guests etc, which wouldn't be that many). If people want a Reserved seat there's plenty of other options available for them.
Yes seats up back if not mistaken? Seems each year less and less unreserved seats simple google image search of seating plans basically confirm this.
Sorry for the rant last night was just cream on top of the cake that is western stand fiasco.
Leaving home at 2pm get to mawson lakes.... no trains only substitute buses... get in run to seats. After the game Adelaide Metro fail to have buses properly planned knowing Gawler line was out of action . Long frustrating wait ensued.
Lucky we won
Fox Footy at home with a 6 pack more and more tempting each time

What options would those be? I reserve a seat in the Western Stand, to avoid the sun, and to avoid getting rained on. I doubt if I'd get a seat in the outer now that would cover those requirements.

Yes seats up back if not mistaken? Seems each year less and less unreserved seats simple google image search of seating plans basically confirm this.
Sorry for the rant last night was just cream on top of the cake that is western stand fiasco.
Leaving home at 2pm get to mawson lakes.... no trains only substitute buses... get in run to seats. After the game Adelaide Metro fail to have buses properly planned knowing Gawler line was out of action . Long frustrating wait ensued.
Lucky we won
Fox Footy at home with a 6 pack more and more tempting each time

Agree that the buses to Mawson Lakes last night was an epic balls up by Adelaide Metro. Took over 45 minutes for the additional busses to arrive. If they had them right on final siren there would've been much less issues.

I agree. The reserved seating option is a farce now. This ridiculous split between AO and club memberships has just exacerbated the problem. Ditch the lot and open it all up in western stand. Southern stand and eastern as reserved if required.

I agree. The reserved seating option is a farce now. This ridiculous split between AO and club memberships has just exacerbated the problem. Ditch the lot and open it all up in western stand. Southern stand and eastern as reserved if required.
Agree 100% but I think the original Adelaide Oval members - SACA/AFL will never have a bar of it.
SACA still have us and PAFC by the balls IMO

Agree 100% but I think the original Adelaide Oval members - SACA/AFL will never have a bar of it.
SACA still have us and PAFC by the balls IMO

SACA have all of one bay don't they (which they sell separately as a qasi corporate package)? Rest are AO memberships and Essential Crows/Power.

SACA have all of one bay don't they (which they sell separately as a qasi corporate package)? Rest are AO memberships and Essential Crows/Power.
Not sure to be honest.
More getting at if there is a change no chance they give anything up.
Will only ask for more, darling child of the SMA what SACA wants she'll get

Remove this Banner Ad

Back