AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mixed reports from over the weekend but all stadiums have teething problems

AO they forgot to put toilets on one level of the western stand

Etihad they forgot to put in coaches boxes

Kardinia they put in coaches boxes but they were looking into the sun so couldn't be used

Did they leave the toilets out of the design or did forget to install the actual device on top of the plumbing?

Mixed reports from over the weekend but all stadiums have teething problems

AO they forgot to put toilets on one level of the western stand

Etihad they forgot to put in coaches boxes

Kardinia they put in coaches boxes but they were looking into the sun so couldn't be used
If you’re talking about the bar toilets then that was deliberate.

The intention was to have the bar areas as a walk through area, not somewhere you would hang. Get your drink and get back to your seat.

Clearly that’s not real works stuff. Was fixed promptly after that.

Sydney are the biggest freeloaders in sport.

Get all the big events but never turn up.

Considering they have about 4x the population as Adelaide, a 50k turnout for us is equivalent to 200k for them.

Then watch all the media flog jump on social media to bag Adelaide when we have a poor crowd like the One Day International last Friday.

Those things won't likely change when the Liberals get back in and they just go back to pretending it's 1985.

That's exactly what the Liberals did up here after a decade or so in opposition. Dug up all the dead and buried movers and shakers and went about turning a certain multi term advantage into a dysfunctional one term disaster where they held onto 2 seats. Was amusing if it wasn't so damaging to the NT. I would bet my bottom dollar that there's a bunch of 70 year olds who are already engaged to form some sort of multi-million dollar board in the event that they win government. It'll have a snappy title though.

Adelaide oval used to look pretty in cricketing terms before the extensions. Now it's neither here nor there basically losing what made it unique whilst not being modern enough to be cutting edge.

The worst of both worlds in my opinion.

Adelaide oval used to look pretty in cricketing terms before the extensions. Now it's neither here nor there basically losing what made it unique whilst not being modern enough to be cutting edge.

The worst of both worlds in my opinion.
Strongly disagree as both a cricket & crows member.

Both the Adelaide Oval & Footy Park were rundown & badly need of upgrades.

Now we have 1 quality stadium which is the envy of spectators around the country & the world. The facilities are far better than we had previously, so no idea why you preferred the old.

Strongly disagree as both a cricket & crows member.

Both the Adelaide Oval & Footy Park were rundown & badly need of upgrades.

Now we have 1 quality stadium which is the envy of spectators around the country & the world. The facilities are far better than we had previously, so no idea why you preferred the old.
So it wont be the envy of Western Australians and i highly doubt its the envy of Victoria.

In a couple of years it wont be the envy of NSW ( if it ever was)

So the envy of QLD, NT and Tas?

I think we have a very large case of over estimating what we have. No doubt its new and nice but that doesnt automatically make it the envy of anyone.

They need to keep improving Adelaide Oval not just stay idle for another 5 -10 years. They did some lighting and sound upgrades which was good. So what's next in the next few years? Solar power with battery storage? Big screen upgrades? Western stand upgrade? I know what some will say (northern stand) but how likely really?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent been to the new AO but I am very proud everytime I hear the cricket commentators from around the world singing its praises. Then you hear the AFL commentators, who are mostly Victorians singing the same tune. The only issue I have with the AO is how many people it can hold. Yes on a good day we can get 50,000 and perhaps our average is 45,000 but I do believe the stadium should have been built for 60,000. We may never fill it bt it would allow both the Power and us the ability to provide for booked seating for all our members.

I might live in QLD but I am still very much a South Aussie

They need to keep improving Adelaide Oval not just stay idle for another 5 -10 years. They did some lighting and sound upgrades which was good. So what's next in the next few years? Solar power with battery storage? Big screen upgrades? Western stand upgrade? I know what some will say (northern stand) but how likely really?
TVs in the toilet.

Big screen upgrades?
They could improve the use of the big screens exponentially by

<strap yourself in for major mind blow>

Showing replays...

of interesting things

...that have just happened!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The kindergarten dropout who runs the big screen content simply doesn't do this. It's like they go out of their way to keep fans in the dark about controversial free kicks, big grabs, player injuries, great goals. Good luck trying to get a look at an unsuccessful lbw appeal at the cricket.

I havent been to the new AO but I am very proud everytime I hear the cricket commentators from around the world singing its praises. Then you hear the AFL commentators, who are mostly Victorians singing the same tune. The only issue I have with the AO is how many people it can hold. Yes on a good day we can get 50,000 and perhaps our average is 45,000 but I do believe the stadium should have been built for 60,000. We may never fill it bt it would allow both the Power and us the ability to provide for booked seating for all our members.

I might live in QLD but I am still very much a South Aussie
Average attendance for 46 home games including finals is 47,386 (2,179,770), 88.5% stadium fill.

Average attendance for 46 home games including finals is 47,386 (2,179,770), 88.5% stadium fill.
The crowds for the Ashes broke records too.

It's benefited both sports.

They could improve the use of the big screens exponentially by

<strap yourself in for major mind blow>

Showing replays...

of interesting things

...that have just happened!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The kindergarten dropout who runs the big screen content simply doesn't do this. It's like they go out of their way to keep fans in the dark about controversial free kicks, big grabs, player injuries, great goals. Good luck trying to get a look at an unsuccessful lbw appeal at the cricket.

For both footy and cricket they purely show the TV footage. They do not have in house cameras for the screens - the MCG and Etihad are the only ones that do.

In terms of cricket replays etc, I think that’s an ICC ruling that restricts what can be shown and when.

For both footy and cricket they purely show the TV footage. They do not have in house cameras for the screens - the MCG and Etihad are the only ones that do.

In terms of cricket replays etc, I think that’s an ICC ruling that restricts what can be shown and when.
They need in house feeds then

There is no ICC ruling that causes the s**t replays - the replays at the MCG for cricket are 10x better than ours

The only limitation AO has is that the screen near the scoreboard is close to the sightscreen so can't have footage (or anything moving) during a delivery.

That shouldn't stop info being shown on the other screens but it does because we don't seem to have the technology to work around this. It's village level and embarrassing

They need in house feeds then

There is no ICC ruling that causes the s**t replays - the replays at the MCG for cricket are 10x better than ours

The only limitation AO has is that the screen near the scoreboard is close to the sightscreen so can't have footage (or anything moving) during a delivery.

That shouldn't stop info being shown on the other screens but it does because we don't seem to have the technology to work around this. It's village level and embarrassing

That's because of the in house cameras the MCG supply - and they don't show live footage during a delivery either. Does Adelaide Oval need in-house camera's for the screens? Nice to have but not overly essential.

Very few grounds would have different inputs on each screen - because it isn't necessary. It's hardly embarrassing.

That's because of the in house cameras the MCG supply - and they don't show live footage during a delivery either. Does Adelaide Oval need in-house camera's for the screens? Nice to have but not overly essential.

Very few grounds would have different inputs on each screen - because it isn't necessary. It's hardly embarrassing.
MCG cameras?

They get the Channel 9 camera shots just don't have the footage dripfed like we do. Often they even get them before live tv because you'll hear the reaction of the crowd to the replay before you've even seen the replay on 9.

The embarrassing bit is that we shut replays down for overs at a time due to the position of the screen, rather than having normal content on the other two screens the same as the MCG gets. We may as well not have our screens.

MCG cameras?

They get the Channel 9 camera shots just don't have the footage dripfed like we do. Often they even get them before live tv because you'll hear the reaction of the crowd to the replay before you've even seen the replay on 9.

The embarrassing bit is that we shut replays down for overs at a time due to the position of the screen, rather than having normal content on the other two screens the same as the MCG gets. We may as well not have our screens.

We get replays after pretty much all deliveries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back