AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see that the ridiculous "rules" and "security measures" thing is universal. Find it hilarious being asked to open my bag whilst wearing a winter coat that could smuggle in just about anything. o_O
open your bag?
What happened to bags must be x inches by x inches and must be a league approved clear plastic bag?
Or was that only NFL?

open your bag?
What happened to bags must be x inches by x inches and must be a league approved clear plastic bag?
Or was that only NFL?

NFL rules. They still make you empty your bag if (for example) you have a blanket in it. Which is funny when wearing a full winter coat where you could smuggle in a small tank.

Yep, in New York at least
I noticed the rules in Atlanta
I thought the clear bag rule was a good one.
Save time from patting down the bags that we do now as they can just look through it from the outside.
But the security measures in the states are ridiculous in some places!

Bronco Stadium in Boise, Idaho - Metal detectors
Atlanta Aquirium - Bag searches, wanding you down.

Does anyone know when we release our financial statements for the year. I cant view the article on Adelaide now but the header suggests its good news for us.

Does anyone know when we release our financial statements for the year. I cant view the article on Adelaide now but the header suggests its good news for us.
I'd say whenever the AGM is.

The Auditors General report came out a few weeks ago. The amount of revenue the SMA generated through Adelaide Oval was something like $54 million for the 2014 year (both cricket, footy, Rolling Stones etc). Note this $54 million was on top of the Money made by the SMA/SANFL/SACA makes through their pre sold memberships corporate boxes/ facilities aswell as not including the 2 clubs own memberships etc.

So in layman's term the AO in its first year was generating over $1 million a week. Obviously you need to take out costs, which detail was sadly lacking, but geez, you have to be a bit sceptical when John Olsen cries poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Americans, always looking to smuggle in a small tank no matter what the event.

Not really our fault you know--one to many Rambo movies will do that. ;)

That was slightly disappointing, the bon scott replacment was overweight and struggled to belt hem out.

Angus was awesome, no JAILBREAK ffs, very pisspoor.

Mick at least 10 years older showed how to put a show on.

Slightly pissed, a good night but a poor performance compared to what the stones put on.

Alot of port numpties (at least 3 that i saw, had their port jumpers on).

That was slightly disappointing, the bon scott replacment was overweight and struggled to belt hem out.

Angus was awesome, no JAILBREAK ffs, very pisspoor.

Mick at least 10 years older showed how to put a show on.

Slightly pissed, a good night but a poor performance compared to what the stones put on.

Alot of port numpties (at least 3 that i saw, had their port jumpers on).
They weren't Port jumpers, they were ACDC lightning bolts in white and teal. True story.

Thought it was a great show myself.

They weren't Port jumpers, they were ACDC lightning bolts in white and teal. True story.

Thought it was a great show myself.

Yeh, it was a good show. Angus made the night.

Probably would have thought it was great if i hadnt seen mick tear it up as a 70 y.o.

Weren't you a bit disappointed with the bon scott replacement, being over weight and out of breath for a lot of the songs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back