AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be the same 38 year old that trained with Hawks for a few weeks then skipped off to Saints? He won't be a senior regular I wouldn't have thought.

Sounds like the same one but I didn't think he was 38. He looks older than that, but I have been wrong before.

Souths Juniors had a good roll up from all accounts. I'm also led to believe that a southerner who moved to Cairns last year is now going to Saints. No offence intended Lachrilly, but you guys can have him and good riddance. On another note, I have to say that I think that Holloways is a great ground to watch footy, except when it's raining. Griffiths isn't crowd friendly, Port Douglas is good, Crathern ok, Watsons ok, Fretwell good and obviously Cazalys is the best.

heard that an agreement between your prez and one turkey driven coach and hes back in o12, i know you lov this bald low life :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sounds like the same one but I didn't think he was 38. He looks older than that, but I have been wrong before.
gidday gents....flinstone you are wrong this time too, the old bloke turns 38 this week actually. To say good ridance to him from souths is a bit harsh, pretty sure you did not know him well enough to comment. yes he did take his three juniors to the saints, any one involved in a certain junior team at Souths last year would understand why. kids are meant to be tought to enjoy the game not win at all costs. the old bloke did train with the hawks for a couple of weeks to but Griffo new from the out set that he was going to have a run at the saints as he knows he will not be a regular senior player and is playing footy now for the social side of things and because he loves the game and it is hard for him to give it up even though he should. Good luck to Griffi and the boys at the hawks i think they will go well this year. Dont be shy come up and have a beer with me when you play the saints i will be the one watching the seniors with three juniors hanging around close by.

heard that an agreement between your prez and one turkey driven coach and hes back in o12, i know you lov this bald low life :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Could be hard the turkey driven or just plain turkey coach has committed to his new club for the next 3 years he may retire up here one day eventually but doubt very much he would coach

you have obviously a grudge with S J and Souths for YOUR REASONS

please stop coming here and chatting rubbish,

you left here or was never here

please keep your comment on Cairns football as a whole , we don't need your argument to spill over here

I'm requesting you please stay on the GV site or other southern sites which you are across

gidday gents....flinstone you are wrong this time too, the old bloke turns 38 this week actually. To say good ridance to him from souths is a bit harsh, pretty sure you did not know him well enough to comment. yes he did take his three juniors to the saints, any one involved in a certain junior team at Souths last year would understand why. kids are meant to be tought to enjoy the game not win at all costs. the old bloke did train with the hawks for a couple of weeks to but Griffo new from the out set that he was going to have a run at the saints as he knows he will not be a regular senior player and is playing footy now for the social side of things and because he loves the game and it is hard for him to give it up even though he should. Good luck to Griffi and the boys at the hawks i think they will go well this year. Dont be shy come up and have a beer with me when you play the saints i will be the one watching the seniors with three juniors hanging around close by.

I can vouch for that. All the best 38southerner, keep pushing for a game as long as the body lets you. You know what they say, you're a long time retired!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3392-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Not many clearances up on players coming. I would have thought if the players were coming or are up here now then the transfer process would have begun. I'd be signing them as soon as they get to training, stops others jumping in and might minimise second guessing!

Are a few on the departures list though.... Not good for AFL Cairns.

I can vouch for that. All the best 38southerner, keep pushing for a game as long as the body lets you. You know what they say, you're a long time retired!

the 38 yr old has been great down at the saints, always at training and taken on a coaching role with the juniors. We are very happy to have him on board in 2011.
Training numbers have been great and looks as though the saints are in for another big year... couple late recruits in the form of Ballarat league premiership players to just to top the list off nicely as well ;)

the 38 yr old has been great down at the saints, always at training and taken on a coaching role with the juniors. We are very happy to have him on board in 2011.
Training numbers have been great and looks as though the saints are in for another big year... couple late recruits in the form of Ballarat league premiership players to just to top the list off nicely as well ;)

Thanks for that post DrKimble. Earlier in the year I was commenting on how the Cairns Saints should be called the Ballarat Saints because of obvious reasons and you just comfirmed my statement. Of course thats where your players would come from.

Thanks for that post DrKimble. Earlier in the year I was commenting on how the Cairns Saints should be called the Ballarat Saints because of obvious reasons and you just comfirmed my statement. Of course thats where your players would come from.

There are more players at the saints who are originally from the North Central/Mallee area than Ballarat... Most own houses/units up here now so would be considered Cairns locals nowdays.

If that is the case, shame he rubbed everyone up on the wrong way then. :p

On another note, was good to see the GC Suns go well in their first hit out. Dixon and the rest of the boys went well. :thumbsu:

As for the Turkey comment, I have no idea what you're talking about Fox Hat (and not another thing I have to say about it, I have) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well all I can say is, I think you'll fit in real well at Saints.

If that is the case, shame he rubbed everyone up on the wrong way then. :p

On another note, was good to see the GC Suns go well in their first hit out. Dixon and the rest of the boys went well. :thumbsu:

As for the Turkey comment, I have no idea what you're talking about Fox Hat (and not another thing I have to say about it, I have) :p

Ahhhhh Flinstone, if talking to the president about a certian junior coach about maybe being a little under the weather whilst training the kids is rubbing people up the wrong way i am guilty. Other then that i kept to my self tried to offer to help but it was not needed... If i have rubbed up any one at the souths the wrong i do apologize.

The 2011 AFL Cairns Preseason Cup competition, proudly supported by major sponsor Castlemaine Perkins (XXXX), will see each team play 2 games on Saturday, 12th March 2011 at Cazalys Stadium.
The winners of each pool will play in the final on Saturday, 19th March 2011, also at Cazalys Stadium. The final will be 4 x 15 minute quarters, with no time on.

The draw for the 2011 AFL Cairns Preseason Competition is as follows:

Saturday, 12th March 2011
Cazalys Stadium
Pool A
1:00pm Port Douglas v South Cairns
1:50pm Port Douglas v Centrals Trinity Beach
2:40pm South Cairns v Cairns City Lions
3:30pm Centrals Trinity Beach v Cairns City Lions
Pool B
4:20pm Cairns Saints v Northl Cairns
5:10pm North Cairns v Manunda Hawks
6:00pm Manunda Hawks v Cairns Saints

PRESEASON COMPETITION FINAL
Saturday, 19th March 2011
Cazalys Stadium
3:00pm Winner Pool A v Winner Pool B
5:00pm AFL Cairns Women’s League Grand Final

Ahhhhh Flinstone, if talking to the president about a certian junior coach about maybe being a little under the weather whilst training the kids is rubbing people up the wrong way i am guilty. Other then that i kept to my self tried to offer to help but it was not needed... If i have rubbed up any one at the souths the wrong i do apologize.

To be fair, I can understand comment about the junior coach. But on the other side of the coin, there were a lot of other comments made as well.

Have met the "38 yr old" and believe he'd be a good bloke to have at any club, based on our conversations. Good luck to you this year at the saints and I'll see you at the bar throughout the year.:thumbsu:

News from the Tigers is that cricket legend and part time footballer Glen Martin has left the club to play for Hawks. Word around the club last night was that he made some pretty ridiculous demands that the club would not comply to, so he walked. Disappointing from a bloke who has been around the club since juniors and spruiked what a passionate Tiger he was. Will be interesting to see how him and ehlich go at Hawks, they definitely weren't best buddies at Norths...

I think there must be something wrong at the club, maybe at management level or the culture. Because you guys lose all of your good players to other local clubs. Lane, Allick, Ellick and now Martin. 3 of those guys were juniors also and were fed up with the way they were treated there. And look what club they all went to .....

I'm actually a junior from there up untill under 18's then had a few years of and when I wanted to start playing again at senior level I went straight to Tigers because thats were I left of, well thats was the last time I went there and 2 days later I went to Hawks and played there. Welcome from the first day I was.

Fellas, I'm writing a book about a couple of Queensland leagues - the last one I need info on is the Cairns league.

If you have 5 minutes, I'd love some info (just a general couple of sentences) about.....

- The past five years, how each team has fared.....
- Key players to have played at the club, key players who a side has lost.
- The general consensus about how each club is portrayed within the Cairns football eye.
- any legends of the league, individual teams, etc, etc.

Anything you can gimme would greatly appreciated.
Thans in advance.

I think there must be something wrong at the club, maybe at management level or the culture. Because you guys lose all of your good players to other local clubs. Lane, Allick, Ellick and now Martin. 3 of those guys were juniors also and were fed up with the way they were treated there. And look what club they all went to .....

I'm actually a junior from there up untill under 18's then had a few years of and when I wanted to start playing again at senior level I went straight to Tigers because thats were I left of, well thats was the last time I went there and 2 days later I went to Hawks and played there. Welcome from the first day I was.

Upthemiddle/Jack thought it was you who was your coach back then

Anyone tell me how my old mate Chris Adams is going with South Cairns. Played with him at Gormandale in the North Gippy league about 03/04. Can't believe he's coaching, never though he'd have the discipline to be a coach particullary in what is regarded as a strong comp up there. Anyone know how long he's been coaching?? I read on previous posts on he'd played for Port Melbourne, if I remember correctly he played a bit of reserves for em & played for Oakleigh I think in the same season. He was an out their character back then, obviously cleaned up his act since then. Good on him, anyone know how I can get his number to catch up with him.

Yes, there is something wrong at the club, but there is plenty wrong at every club, yours included. Our main problem has been a lack of recent success, both on and off the field. Lane was harshly treated at the end of 05 and was always going to take someone (Alick) with him, ehlich had a falling out with our ex coach, and by all reports was close to re-signing at the club for '11, and Martin, well he just thinks he's a better footballer than he is. The good thing is, we are replacing them with the next wave of juniors and with better people in control, I'm sure we are on the right track, albeit probably a couple of years behind time.
By the way, we might get a couple back off ya next year when they realise they have to travel to Gordonvale twice a week;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back