Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Culley or Carmichael are just too much of a need for it to actually happen. Either WC and North pick them both up or we outsmart ourselves
As andleanback said, all the chatter suggests that North take D'Ambrossio with their first.

Will be interesting to see if they take a key defender with their second pick

Hawthorn and Norf looking at James Blanck apparently (read somewhere I can't remember)
Would have been the fox footy article.

Are we still able to open up a list spot through Cox LTI? Or does it have to be Hurley retirement?
They said Cox isn't out for the year so probably the latter, pending this weekend.

Don’t think we would take 2 players regardless

We should, if there's a bigger mid and a small forward that could both press for selection this season like Durham and Snelling both did, then we'd get a head start on our list turnover for the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should, if there's a bigger mid and a small forward that could both press for selection this season like Durham and Snelling both did, then we'd get a head start on our list turnover for the end of the season.
But in reality they’re lower end selections. Most of these guys would go 40+ in the draft at the end of the year, some getting talked up would be lucky to be drafted at all. Why take a small forward when we can draft an elite one at the end of the year.

But in reality they’re lower end selections. Most of these guys would go 40+ in the draft at the end of the year, some getting talked up would be lucky to be drafted at all. Why take a small forward when we can draft an elite one at the end of the year.

Many small forwards come late in the draft, it's a desperate need right now and if we snare an AFL standard one, then it saves us spending a less speculative selection on one in the draft in future.

Davey Jnr is a mid/forward not a full time crumbing small, it's unlikely we take a small forward with a Top-5 selection. So we're already going to be looking toward later selections if we draft one.

Links to Kantilla & Bauer as forwards
Carmichael & Culley as mids.

I wouldn't mind 2 picks.

Many small forwards come late in the draft, it's a desperate need right now and if we snare an AFL standard one, then it saves us spending a less speculative selection on one in the draft in future.

Davey Jnr is a mid/forward not a full time crumbing small, it's unlikely we take a small forward with a Top-5 selection. So we're already going to be looking toward later selections if we draft one.
I can definitely see us taking sheezel. I’ve also mentioned it previously that the sentiment that small forwards are found late is kindve incorrect. If you look at the recent drafts a lot of the good small forwards that will be genuine match winners in the afl for the next decade have gone early ( Bailey, Rankine, rachele, Pickett, weightman, henry)

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time we took a junior with a late pick who performed as well as Menzie or Bauer in their first year of state league.

They are in a completely different league to the players we pick up 40+.

would be a little controversial given our midfield need, but I wouldn't be sad.
he really looks a player.

Ideally we address big competitive mid with the MSD & maybe a trade (e.g. Robertson)
Hardly, we’ve got as much issues in the fwd 50 as we do in the midfield. Hobbs and Perkins will be graduating into majority midfield players in the next 18 months. Right now we need a George Hewett selfish role player type in the midfield that can also win contested ball, we don’t need to use a top 5 pick on someone like that.

It's a 6 month contract and we have no depth. If we don't like the player we don't re-sign.

Any list spot you can tick off makes management easier. So why not take a punt on a mid and a small forward.

I see no reason not to take 2 players. I'd take 3 if the spots open up, even if it's just to sure up our horrible VFL team for the second half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back