Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Wardlaw is a bombers supporter - Dodoro could be working this angle hard.

Unfortunately we're at the mercy of North here, but what Kyptastic said about Tsatas and Sheezel being mates might swing the balance for North given they've already got an inside brute in LDU and having two guys who might be keen to stay together would help at a club who's been very poor on-field.

According to this Wardlaw and Tsatas are mates too... so maybe they'll leave Sheezel for us.

Unfortunately we're at the mercy of North here, but what Kyptastic said about Tsatas and Sheezel being mates might swing the balance for North given they've already got an inside brute in LDU and having two guys who might be keen to stay together would help at a club who's been very poor on-field.

According to this Wardlaw and Tsatas are mates too... so maybe they'll leave Sheezel for us.
I'd be shocked if Sheezel was the one left. He's the one they absolutely need.

Im still surprised they let access to cadman go.
I think their midfield is pretty good for where its at.
LDU, simpkin, phillips, powell, thomas. Cunnington should have a decent year or two in him.

Their KPF stocks are quite rubbish outside larkey. And its not like decent KPFs are easy to find.

With any 3, i think we'd be happy
Challenge for us is maximising 22 so it isnt burnt on davey. And cherry on top would be munkara late.
I think burnt is the wrong word. It sounds like we do not rate Davey so we do not want to spend pick 22 on him. It would be ideal if we could get another player before him but we are not burning 22 if it is needed for Davey.

I'd be shocked if Sheezel was the one left. He's the one they absolutely need.
I think the you are right. I would be shocked as well if they do not take Sheezal . There is also a bit of background comment about them taking Tsatas rather than Wardlaw along the lines that they do not have to replace JHF with another inside bull as they already have a couple of good ones in LDU and Simpkin so Tsatas gives them something different again.

I think burnt is the wrong word. It sounds like we do not rate Davey so we do not want to spend pick 22 on him. It would be ideal if we could get another player before him but we are not burning 22 if it is needed for Davey.
Yeah. I should say impacted.
Its a cake and eat it too situation. You want davey as the free hit (so to speak) vs. Using the pick he's pretty much rated at.
Getting that pick in between 5 and davey would top off an ok offseason. Munkara a bonus on top of that.

I think the you are right. I would be shocked as well if they do not take Sheezal . There is also a bit of background comment about them taking Tsatas rather than Wardlaw along the lines that they do not have to replace JHF with another inside bull as they already have a couple of good ones in LDU and Simpkin so Tsatas gives them something different again.
Interesting tsatas compared his style to kelly, a player north has long hunted.

All three are mates, as most of the Vic Metro guys are. Tsatas and Wardlaw are best mates since childhood.

Im still surprised they let access to cadman go.
I think their midfield is pretty good for where its at.
LDU, simpkin, phillips, powell, thomas. Cunnington should have a decent year or two in him.

Their KPF stocks are quite rubbish outside larkey. And its not like decent KPFs are easy to find.
I know that is a fair comment but I suspect they are looking to next year as well given they are 5 years away from building a finals side. Two top 5 picks this year and two top 18 picks next years gives them some scope. 23 , 40 , 43 give them scope to be in the next range of KP players.

Does the rumour about Geelong meeting Jayden three times wreck our perfect draft points plan?
Doubt it, the earliest they can bid is 58(50-52) after other bids, I'm sure we can cover a bid in that area with ease. They could trade their 1st pick next year for a 2023 2nd and a pick in the 20s or 30s this year and bid but I doubt they do that.

Doubt it, the earliest they can bid is 58(50-52) after other bids, I'm sure we can cover a bid in that area with ease. They could trade their 1st pick next year for a 2023 2nd and a pick in the 20s or 30s this year and bid but I doubt they do that.
I think they traded their F3 as well.
It is going to be near impossible for them to trade into this year.

From the sounds of it the 'worst' player we'd pick would probably be Tsatas. That's not a bad outcome at all. Though if Wardlaw slipped through, you'd expect the pick to be in before we're even on the clock. Essendon supporting kids are a Dodoro dream scenario. Too bad he's not an OX, Dodoro would be in ecstatic raptures if he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JNR is not doing us any favours. Wonder if he will nominate at all.
It's the right thing to say for him from a media management perspective. If he said he only wanted to play at Essendon, his manager wouldn't be able to get the best deal for him from the club.

From the sounds of it the 'worst' player we'd pick would probably be Tsatas. That's not a bad outcome at all. Though if Wardlaw slipped through, you'd expect the pick to be in before we're even on the clock. Essendon supporting kids are a Dodoro dream scenario. Too bad he's not an OX, Dodoro would be in ecstatic raptures if he was.
Tsatsis also wouldn't be the worst scenario, given his best mate Wardlaw - an Essendon supporter, might want to join him at some stage 😉.

It's the right thing to say for him from a media management perspective. If he said he only wanted to play at Essendon, his manager wouldn't be able to get the best deal for him from the club.

I think behind closed doors you do, in public feels like there is a bit of a breakdown between him and the club (assuming this interview was this week).

He’s currently negotiating a contract extension as part of his father/son nomination.

And insofar as that if he’s likely to go in the teens maybe he gets a bit more cash than if he goes in the 20s — certainly the standard playing contract for first year players they get a different salary if they go in the top 20.

72F3DABC-C5C6-4C83-AFE4-9BCA732E609E.jpeg BF18BECD-2340-48EE-8168-DBF71685611F.jpeg

I think behind closed doors you do, in public feels like there is a bit of a breakdown between him and the club (assuming this interview was this week).
I see your point, but I don't think he'd be saying he only wanted to play for Essendon behind closed doors either. This is all about getting the best possible deal for ADJ. I think I read somewhere that F/S picks can sign a 4 year deal as well, so there's a bit of wrangling still to go. Either way, I don't think there's any doubt he ends up at the Dons.

Tsatas is going to be a class act but I agree with a lot of others in where I don’t think he addresses our list needs as much as some other prospects. My philosophy has always been pick the best player that fills your need over best available player or else you will find you have a lot of the same types.

If we can’t land Wardlaw or Sheezel Gibney is the one I want out of the rest he offers athleticism and a skill set which would compliment the team imo.

If we get Wardlaw, and Phillipou is still available after pick 10, we should trade 22 + F2 +F3 for the next available pick and take Phillipou, and take Davey. Let Parish go in FA next year, and have 2 first rounders.

Future midfield

Wardlaw
Phillipou
Perkins
Hobbs
Caldwell
Merrett
Setterfield

Draper
Bryan

Langford
Durham
Martin

McGrath, Davey, Stringer, Snelling going in for spurts/depth

Cox and Reid CHB FB Bryan Chopping back
Jones Wright CHF FF Draper Chopping forward

Never gonna happen but id love to see it

If Cats are interested in him, that is the best sign yet about his potential. Ess have little idea what they are doing, but the Cats...
Lots of clubs would want him. Cats are just confident because they know how to land fish.

With Alwyn still up in the NT supposedly Eddie Betts has had a fair bit to do with both twins this year. Maybe that's the Cats interest that's being reported.
That would not surprise me. There is no doubt we have dropped the ball in regards to our First Nation players. I’m glad our review identified that. We used to be the leaders of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back