My All-Australian team at the half-way mark:
FB: C.Brown D.Glass D.Fletcher
HB: H.Shaw C.Cornes A.McLeod
C: S.Black S.West S.Mitchell
HF: L.Franklin M.Pavlich L.Hodge
FF: G.Ablett S.Lucas B.Harvey
RUCK: A.Sandilands J.Bartel C.Judd
INTERCHANGE: B.Lade D.Milburn J.Hird B.Sewell

There are no representatives from Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, St.Kilda and Sydney.

How many games must one play to qualify? If it's not a whole heap, I reckon Brock McLean will be a chance come season's end. (I realise these are your AA selections at the half-way mark).

Dream Team All-Australian Team 2007 Rd 12

(min 5 games to qualify - seeded by averages)

FB- Lockyer, Drummond, Carazzo
HB- C.Cornes, Fletcher, McPhee
C- Bartel, K.Cornes, Swan
HF- B.Johnson, Pavlich, G.Ablett
FF- Hird, Chapman, S.Johnson
R- Cox, White

Int (extra centres) - West, Bruce, Scotland

Cheers
POTP

Super Coach All Australian Team 2007 Rd 12

FB- Drummond, Fletcher, Gilbee
HB- Bowden, Harris, C. Cornes
C- Bartel, Judd, Kerr
HF- Pavlich, G.Ablett, B.Johnson
FF- Chapman, S.Johnson, Q.Lynch
R- Everitt, Jolly

Int - Bruce, Dal Santo, Malceski

Cheers
POTP

Are you serious? I've seen much better, it's just the quality on here ain't so flash..

Sorry champ, my mistake. We must've been fourth then... I think we were around top 3 for most of the year if my memory serves me correctly. VERY competitive. Something like 4 in the top 100 at the moment. What league are you? Good to see someone on here who knows there stuff

Clearly your memory doesn't serve you correctly! :rolleyes:

Good to see someone who knows their English. :rolleyes:

Go easy on stroking your own plonker! :eek: You'd think you were racking up the kicks, marks and tackles yourself!

franklin at HF ??
fletcher at back pocket ??
who's gonna do the tagging role ??

and sandilands would die from severe headache... on every single stoppages, there'll be at least 4 guys running around him asking for the footy... lol

HF: L.Franklin
He may be inconsistent but this selection should not even be argued.
On "Fox League Teams", L.Franklin was only one of the very few players who was selected on everyones team.
This has been his best season by far and he has played a big role in taking the Hawthorn Football Club to the next level.

BP: D.Fletcher
If you were an Essendon supporter you would have selected him in the team in a heart-beat as you would have watched him more closely.
This has been one of his best seasons ever in his whole career.
I truly mean that as well.
He leads the AFL in kicks and effective kicks and he has also taken over 100 marks for the year.
He has even managed to kick 2 goals for the season playing off the backline as well.
He takes our kick-outs and plays the sweeping role yet he is still capable of playing on any key-postition forward.
The amount of spoils he has had this year is ridiculous.
Without him this year, we would not be in the Top 8.
No-brainer selection.

TAGGER: B.Sewell
He will do the tagging role.
In an All-Australian team, you do not necessarily need to have a tagger in there though.
However, i believe that B.Sewell has been just as good attacking as he has been defending.
He averages 22 disposals a game.
That is a fair effort for a tagger.

A.SANDILANDS
What are you talking about.
The ruckman spot was an "iffy" position to pick but he has had 74 more hit-outs than any other ruckman.
Enough said.

Why would you name that lumbering joke sandilands ahead of Cox - the roving ruckman?

Ha.
How funny coming from a West Coast supporter.

D.Cox > A.Sandilands
Quite easily.

However, when picking an All-Australian team you need to look at how they have performed during the year.
D.Cox has missed 3 games already and is way down on last years form.
A.Sandilands has not missed a game yet and is probably having his best season ever.

TAGGER: B.Sewell

He averages 22 disposals a game.
That is a fair effort for a tagger.

the reason for the high average is that sometimes he does not tag.

Edit: Cool. Just that bit didn't make sense to me. I read you now.

While you're at it, have a look at www.dttalk.blogspot.com (Shame? What's shame? ;)).

Will add a link to your site, shagger.

Thanks mate, I'll try and add a link tou your site too. Sorry, but I'm new to the blog thing and creating a link might be a challenge.

:thumbsu: top site, very interesting read, with some good insights.
( i also visited one of the advertised links)

btw, salopek has a broken ankle and will be out for up to 8 wks incase you havent heard

Great stuff whatagun:thumbsu:, other bigfooty members take note.

See http://afldreamteam.blogspot.com/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha.
However, when picking an All-Australian team you need to look at how they have performed during the year.
D.Cox has missed 3 games already and is way down on last years form.
A.Sandilands has not missed a game yet and is probably having his best season ever.

Yeh, Sandi's killed it this year :eek:

Seriously if you'd seen him at all this year instead of relying on HO stats, he wouldn't be in the top 5 ruckmen this year.

We better find out how bad theone5 is going.

LukeHodge15

20,000th
18,626th
16,405th
6,325th
6,079th
5,411st
2,471st
2,119th
745th
431st

theone5

:confused:

We better find out how bad theone5 is going.

LukeHodge15

20,000th
18,626th
16,405th
6,325th
6,079th
5,411st
2,471st
2,119th
745th
431st

theone5

:confused:

I kept telling you that it was not over for you, when you were talking about a top 1000 finish at best... :cool:

In other news, Salopek has caused me some grief as I am 5k short of an obvious pick...

:(

I kept telling you that it was not over for you, when you were talking about a top 1000 finish at best... :cool:

In other news, Salopek has caused me some grief as I am 5k short of an obvious pick...

:(

Its over for me this year, have no doubt about that. At best im looking at a top 100 result and that really dont cut the mustard for me im afraid. :(

:([/quote]

Judd, Stanton, Harvey or Thompson. Am I warm? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back