News AFL may consider bringing back zones

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-...introducing-recruiting-zones-for-all-18-clubs

Idiots are they trying to resurrect all the problems of the old systems.

Recruiting zones only make sense in areas where development paths are lacking. No quality players have been developed from NSW under 18 pathways for over ten years not one first or second round pick. The most recent is Jarred McVeigh in 2002.

Did you notice who's pushing this? It's that scumbag, Bill Kelty, Eddies puppet within the commission. That would be grossly unfair for the northern state clubs unless we were given zones within the blue ribbon states.

Bringing in zoning for all clubs could potentially kill off AFL north of the border. And just make the competition look like the EPL in terms of random chance/advantages with zones.

I mean I support say the WA clubs getting the Kimberley or say St Kilda getting New Zealand because I think having a footprint in those regions will help produce quality footballers like our academies do, but giving an AFL club exclusive rights to TAC Cup sides? How on earth can the sides north of the Barrassi Line compete with that, given they don't produce anywhere near the amount of quality AFL footballers that the Southern states do, which is the main point of these Academies?

I don't want to watch an EPL style competition where my club is destined for eternal mediocrity. This passes I ain't watching AFL anymore.

/rant

For instance, Essendon's hold on the northwest region of Melbourne could see it tied to the Calder Cannons' TAC Cup club.

I cannot keep a straight face reading that are they seriously comparing a TAC club with a Academy?

The following players have recently come from Calder Cannons.

Jude Bolton
Ryan O keefe
Dane Swan
Daniel Talia
Darren Milburn
Paul Chapman
Joe Danhier
James Kelly
Eddie Betts
Tom Liberatore

Are they seriously *ed? or am i missing something here.

For instance, Essendon's hold on the northwest region of Melbourne could see it tied to the Calder Cannons' TAC Cup club.

I cannot keep a straight face reading that are they seriously comparing a TAC club with a Academy?

The following players have recently come from Calder Cannons.

Jude Bolton
Ryan O keefe
Dane Swan
Daniel Talia
Darren Milburn
Paul Chapman
Joe Danhier
James Kelly
Eddie Betts
Tom Liberatore

Are they seriously ******ed? or am i missing something here.

Its because the instant superstars are rolling out of the academy

Issac Heeney
Brandon Jack

you know all the guns

we better make sure Buddy gets to 100 games and gets busy with Jescinta!!

Its because the instant superstars are rolling out of the academy

Issac Heeney
Brandon Jack

you know all the guns

we better make sure Buddy gets to 100 games and gets busy with Jescinta!!
and line up a few more high performing tall female athletes too

Bris, gc, gws and us wouldn't be able to field one competitive team between us if our current academy zones were our only areas of recruitment ( bar trading, but who would trade for Nrl rejects).

what a *ed idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back