Game Day AFL Round 11 - Matchday Discussion Fremantle@Collingwood (MCG - 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beams has been going through the motions all year. We can't afford to have someone execute his skills in game like it's schoolyard kick to kick. He's got to make sure of that stuff particularly in front of goals. Watch him just chuck a boot to it like he's too cool to line his body up and stab it straight.
Watch Howe.. he does the same each week kivking off one step

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to own the corridor. I find teams just cut us open on the rebound by rolling the dice and going straight down the middle. Even to a 50/50 contest and the majority of the time is results in a score - a goal.

I usually defend our players at all costs, mainly players that are somewhat limited... but give 100%. I am struggling to think of anything to defend Beams... but he doesn’t look like he is giving 100% right now.

Must be injured... can’t put my finger on it but he doesn’t tackle or chase with any intent, and goes instantly goes to ground every contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish non call of an obvious free kick there for Freo's last goal but the score is otherwise about right.

Freo largely on top around the ground but it's really our poor disposal that's killing us - handballs at the feet of players running past, kicks missing targets by 10-20m and breaking up possession chains when we have them under a bit of pressure and I'm not sure what that Beams effort was.

Lucky to be all square at quarter time - just need a bit more composure with the ball in hand and run a bit harder without the ball to create overlap run and options up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back