Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I could see Hayes getting a 4 year offer from a team like North, I'd absolutely take an offer like that If I was Hayes.
Im a little worried he hasnt signsd a 3 year deal from us

Which should be on the table atleast right now to him

I really don't want to lose him. He was one i really liked in his draft year, his intercept/lockdown is a key combination

I cant see him getting a game this year

Hes been avg that at North so yeh youd hope so
Removing his first 2 seasons when he wasn't a mainstay he's kicked 140 goals for his career. This is his 6th season.

So nah, he hasn't.

No, but a sample size of n=1 for a guy who's played 211 AFL games is also not a definitive statement of his ability.

Of course this is BigFooty where he's either AMAZING or utter s**t. There can be no in between.
Well I did watch him.

It was the worst I’ve seen it. I doubt we see him play senior football again.

I don’t think he’s always been “utter s**t”. But he is now.

I think we'd be silly to dismiss Zurhaar.
Yeah we don't need a player like him right now, but Stringer is 30 this year, in 2 or 3 years time there will be a hole there.
He hasn't been in great form for the past year or so, but really who has been at North except Sheez and Larkey?

Yeah we don't need a player like him right now, but Stringer is 30 this year, in 2 or 3 years time there will be a hole there.
He hasn't been in great form for the past year or so, but really who has been at North except Sheez and Larkey?

What do you do with him in the meantime though? He’s not moving clubs at 26 to play twos.

Just for discussion... Aggressive list management could call for out Jake in Zurhaar, Cam would certainly fit the 8 year window better than Jake.

Having said that I love Jake, when he's kicking goals I get up and about.

If we could get Stengle as well, would this forward line cause headaches in 2025?

Gresh Caddy Zurhaar
Langford Wright Stengle

Just for discussion... Aggressive list management could call for out Jake in Zurhaar, Cam would certainly fit the 8 year window better than Jake.

If we could get Stengle as well, would this forward line cause headaches in 2025?

Gresh Caddy Zurhaar
Langford Wright Stengle
Right now I'd pick Stringer over Zurhaar every day of the week. Which I guess is the knock on signing Z... 🤷‍♂️
But best 22s change, so do injury lists... who knows where we're at next year or next week.

Caddy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy is probably our Stringer replacement. I don’t think Zurhaar fits in our forward line as things stand right now and I don’t think that changes in a year or so when Caddy is pushing Stringer out.

I think Zurhaar is a decent player who may take a step up in a better side but what he brings isn’t really what we need right now. We don’t really want to be spending big $$ on a free agent destined to be depth

Is that the role we see Caddy playing? I haven't watched him live
Caddy seems to me to be an agile, athletic medium forward rather than a KPP. Probably more emphasis on athleticism than the brute strength Stringer (and Zurhaar) has but I think they fill a similar niche.

Well I did watch him.

It was the worst I’ve seen it. I doubt we see him play senior football again.

I don’t think he’s always been “utter s**t”. But he is now.
Be a pretty remarkable end to his career

Feels like it will just be forgotten as hes been non existent for so long now

I always think they will show it again, like 31-32 isnt old for the type of player he is. Maybe has lost too much explosivness and motivation with constant injury now though

A fascinating end that im not sure is seen often

Is this just opinion or a bit of inside info? I reckon he’d like alright in the ones
Opinion and general AFL bubble gossip.

Be a pretty remarkable end to his career

Feels like it will just be forgotten as hes been non existent for so long now

I always think they will show it again, like 31-32 isnt old for the type of player he is. Maybe has lost too much explosivness and motivation with constant injury now though

A fascinating end that im not sure is seen often
His movement is still quite good.

i doubt we pay him what another club would pay for him.

He wouldn't exactly be leaving North due to lack of playing opportunity.
I think if he was on our list he'd at the very least get a game and have an opportunity to cement a spot.
Plus Stringer on a new deal could use the motivation.

He’d be leaving to play finals footy, but is he definitely getting a game? I’m keeping the lid on more than most, but we do have two of the better medium forwards in the league. Or at least two of the most in form. I don’t think you can play all three in the one forward line. I just don’t think he’s the right player to go for right now, I’d think the club would prefer to spend money elsewhere to improve other areas

Gresh Caddy Zurhaar
Langford Wright Stengle

For us more than anyone else. Zero Pressure there.

For Me Aggressive list Management would be going after Tim English. AA player at a position of significant need. Would be the biggest possible upgrade to throw money at.

If the dogs matched I think Parish, Bryan and a 2nd would be a reasonable trade.

upside is if this trade were to happen Essendon just offloaded a big long term salary and would still have lots of room for another FA. Maybe Cumming from GWS

Say hypothetically we got both

Ridley Reid Redman
McGrath McKay Martin
Cox Caldwell Cumming
English Durham Merrett
Gresham Caddy Perkins
Langford Wright Guelfi

IC Dursma, Hobbs, Tsatas, Draper

That’s a pretty stacked best 22 with not many obvious holes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back