Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

What about several 'former' top 5-6 picks?

Because between McGrath, Parish, Tsatas, Weideman, Setterfield that is quite ths selection.

If you're willing to expand it slightly further we get to talking Reid, Cox, Perkins, Heppell, Caddy, Wright.

A bountiful of riches.
Weid for Reid, straight swap

Our list is fairly balanced. I am not entirely sure what we really need to grab in the mid season draft?

Basically

Not a ruck, not a Key Back, Not a key forward?

Anything else is fine right?

Our list is fairly balanced. I am not entirely sure what we really need to grab in the mid season draft?

Basically

Settrrfield being injury prone = a taller inside mid I reckon, so Jackson Hately.

Small forward = ??

I'd like a run and carry Nick Hind replacement = ??

A run all day Whitfield type.

I think we should be on the lookout for an AFL ready ruckman.

It will be more about Scott rating Bryan at the end of the year than Bryan requesting a trade. Nick may well ask for a trade but if the club feels he has a role to play going forward then they are not going to trade him unless the offer is too good to refuse.
So Bryan is the golden goose who lands us Harley Reid. I like it.

I suppose if he's kept in spite of a trade request he'll likely get games next year, so your bet would be in the short term he'd resent not getting his trade if he requested, but over the next season he'd fall back in love with the club and change his mind?

His body is as bad as Scott Gumbleton’s back in the day. Bryan is going nowhere and Goldy easily has another year in him. I’d be looking at something next year if required and it won’t be an injury prone Preuss.
True 😕

...but you have no idea what Bryan's intentions are, nor whether Goldy could go another year after 23 rounds, let alone 10. Did you see him struggle on the weekend? We should be looking around at least.

Think we need a key fwd. Elite distributor

Basically

Another key fwd, speedy small pressure fwd, elite ball user wing/mid, small defender

X - factor

Lack depth in these spots or unproven players, ? Marks

Davey, caddy, roberts ideally fill those roles but nothing proven.

I'd go for speedy small if after someone with actual chance to contribute this year.

We don't really have a replacement if we drop davey.

Also we have 1 proven key fwd.
A tall fwd/ pinch hit in the ruck. Think this is better placed via trade free agency.

Sydney, Gws, Gold Coast, Wb have most options in these spots. Not sure of contracts but a riccardi, amaartey, naughton, ?day (gc 3rd best fwd prospect) should fall through and want opportunities elsewhere if clubs can't get a cadman, king, jamara or McDonald.

We have visenti as prospect. Caddy/langford i class as meduim/tall key fwds and just too short to be tallest key fwd/pinch hit ruck but maybe.

Think we need a key fwd. Elite distributor

Another key fwd, speedy small pressure fwd, elite ball user wing/mid, small defender

X - factor

Lack depth in these spots or unproven players, ? Marks

Davey, caddy, roberts ideally fill those roles but nothing proven.

I'd go for speedy small if after someone with actual chance to contribute this year.

We don't really have a replacement if we drop davey.

Also we have 1 proven key fwd.
A tall fwd/ pinch hit in the ruck. Think this is better placed via trade free agency.

Sydney, Gws, Gold Coast, Wb have most options in these spots. Not sure of contracts but a riccardi, amaartey, naughton, ?day (gc 3rd best fwd prospect) should fall through and want opportunities elsewhere if clubs can't get a cadman, king, jamara or McDonald.

We have visenti as prospect. Caddy/langford i class as meduim/tall key fwds and just too short to be tallest key fwd/pinch hit ruck but maybe.
Yes to an elite distributor. If that person can also run all day, that would be great. Carlton picking up Cerra when they already had Walsh was astute. If Merrett goes down I don't know who takes his role. Martin?

I'd swap Perkins, Cox and Z Reid for Harley. Eagles wouldn't do it though.

It's not a slight on our three I just can't see Harley not winning several premierships wherever he plays. We could be talking about a 30 possession, 3 goal a game, 3 goal assist player here.

That trade value would be something like Zerrett, Parish plus N Martin.
Yeh but Cox and Reid have hardly come on to their draft pick number

Parish and Z.Merrett arent wanting to go to WA

Basically

Dictated to by whats there and whats likely to leave end of year

Id say a mature aged half back would likely be the go, or a small forward mature aged. Redman, Martin, Mcgrath have barley missed a game for a while and Heppell close to the end

I wouldnt rule out a ruck, it wont surprise me if Draper is basically done for the year

If Reid wanted to come here then Tsatas would be the cornerstone of the deal in terms of players.

Along with first roundwrs
Don't say that with Hank around. He'll say something stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL will bring in 4 years worth of trading 1st rounders before Reid declares he wants out

Id doubt Tsatas would agree to go to WA
Ned Guy mentioned on gettable this week that 4 years was unlikely. More like 2 or 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back