AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh wow thanks for the reminder, looks like I called them all this week (pending Dons but that would be a hell of a comeback for W) and am now in 96th. That's awesome. Think plenty of new fans padding out the 15,000 tippers this year though, IIRC Swans were 75% which was ridiculous.
Agreed! Tipping against expansion sides is handy! This game excepted!

I'm thinking i can trade Fleming, Stuart & Wilcox to Skepper, Baskaran & Goldsworthy (will play Szigeti at F5 & Goldsworthy on my bench). Hoping those trades net me $40,000 or so which will add to the $16,200 i already have in the kitty.

Then i'll go with a big upgrade of Dowrick/T.Smith to Parker in the following round (with 2 downgrades) which will leave me with Hatchard, Bates, Parker & Conti in my midfield.

70th -> 73rd.

Better than I thought given missing out on the big dogs.

Feels like this is the time heading into round 4 of a 10 week season where people get a little too caught up in cash generation. Important to try and move up too.

70th -> 73rd.

Better than I thought given missing out on the big dogs.

Feels like this is the time heading into round 4 of a 10 week season where people get a little too caught up in cash generation. Important to try and move up too.
Yeah well this is something I’m looking at. Do I fix a bench rookie in Barba, or try and fix an on field position?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice review! Well worth the read and hopefully this round sees you move back up into the top 5. I'll be keen to see what trades you make. Fleming definitely seems an obvious trade out and Sedunary too.
Thanks! Yeah Fleming is a strange one because her role is awesome (100% CBAs) so I'm expecting a big score soon.
She's one of those ones where its probably time to trade, and yet funnily enough she is still safe to field.

Thanks! Yeah Fleming is a strange one because her role is awesome (100% CBAs) so I'm expecting a big score soon.
She's one of those ones where its probably time to trade, and yet funnily enough she is still safe to field.
Yeah, her floor seems to be pretty high given her favourable role but she isnt accumulating as much as you'd want. A big score may be around the corner but its probably not worth holding off the trade given how she has scored so far.

Just for my own team, im thinking ill keep Szigeti ahead of Fleming, mainly thanks to Szigeti being a forward but it also seems like she has a decent role in the midfield so hopefully her floor isnt too low. Ill happily take 50s from her for the time being.

Who do you think are the best trade in options? I like Skepper a lot and Goldsworthy looked good but plays a tough role in a pretty average team so may only be a worthwhile trade in thanks to her low price?

Ill have to play around with different trades once lockout lifts but i am keen to make 2-3 downgrades and get ready for a massive upgrade to Parker next round, as per my previous post. Subject to change though!!

Yeah, her floor seems to be pretty high given her favourable role but she isnt accumulating as much as you'd want. A big score may be around the corner but its probably not worth holding off the trade given how she has scored so far.

Just for my own team, im thinking ill keep Szigeti ahead of Fleming, mainly thanks to Szigeti being a forward but it also seems like she has a decent role in the midfield so hopefully her floor isnt too low. Ill happily take 50s from her for the time being.

Who do you think are the best trade in options? I like Skepper a lot and Goldsworthy looked good but plays a tough role in a pretty average team so may only be a worthwhile trade in thanks to her low price?

Ill have to play around with different trades once lockout lifts but i am keen to make 2-3 downgrades and get ready for a massive upgrade to Parker next round, as per my previous post.
Similar boat for me. I like Goldsworthy as a pick because she will make money in the short term (they play WCE this week) and with Dalton & Mackrill out long term I expect Goldsworthy to get some CBAs now that she's made her debut. She is touted as a good midfielder.

Skepper has been great and got 88% TOG and despite being drafted as a midfielder she knows how to lead & they look for her a lot. The worry is that when Carlton face a good tea, the ball won't go down forward as much and that is where Skepper is playing. But if you can afford Fleming > Skepper then I like it.

The big watch this week will be whether Montana Ham is back. Hopefully they announce it during the week otherwise we won't know teams before lockout. If Ham is in, she's an obvious downgrade from Fleming.

Similar boat for me. I like Goldsworthy as a pick because she will make money in the short term (they play WCE this week) and with Dalton & Mackrill out long term I expect Goldsworthy to get some CBAs now that she's made her debut. She is touted as a good midfielder.

Skepper has been great and got 88% TOG and despite being drafted as a midfielder she knows how to lead & they look for her a lot. The worry is that when Carlton face a good tea, the ball won't go down forward as much and that is where Skepper is playing. But if you can afford Fleming > Skepper then I like it.

The big watch this week will be whether Montana Ham is back. Hopefully they announce it during the week otherwise we won't know teams before lockout. If Ham is in, she's an obvious downgrade from Fleming.

Yeah, they showed footage of Ham doing some run throughs prior to the Swans last game. Seems like at worst, she misses one more week which is still a great result for the Swans. Hopefully her availability is announced during the week like you said!

Trades were Wilcox, Stuart, Fleming > Skepper, Ham, Goldsworthy

View attachment 1507500
Since i took the screenshot i have moved Ham to mid bench and Dowrick to utility to make sure i have better utility coverage.

I've potentially gone early on Ham but i figure even if she misses this week, its a worthwhile move as it saves me a trade next week.

Im already looking ahead to next round where i should be able to swing a Dowrick/Smith/Szigeti to Parker & 2 cheapies trade

Geez.. i somehow jagged 1173. Ranked still outside the top 1k though

No idea about trades, i dont really have the ability to cash in rookies, so potentially might have to move on underperformers for others

Completely at a loss for trades this week.

Picking who to go down to is very hard when you don't know the teams - so hard to take fliers on basement rookies.

Considering a dual ruck swap this week - McGrath and McCormick out for Edmonds and either a basement rookie or Levicki - but all feel like rubbish moves. Feel like Edmonds is probably the play as a ruck, prefer her to Lakay/Fuller given draws, price points and how they score their points. Then maybe Fleming to Skepper or Goldsworthy?

Be nice to free up some cash to go Mimi Hill up to a big gun, but feel like the play is probably to wait a week on that and get Bowers next week, hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back