AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Not on the injury list this week - so you'd think she's ok? Just don't vibe trading someone with a -1 breakeven if they're remotely likely to play, and McCormick is a terrible footballer at this level.
Whelan not named.

Garner, Riddell, Fuller all underwhelming.
I find it slightly strange that Garner didnt score better. I thought she was everywhere for large parts of the game but i guess she didnt get the tackle numbers i would've expected in the inclement conditions. Same problem for Riddell, okay numbers but without the tackles. Hopefully your weekend takes a turn for the better after tonight!

I find it slightly strange that Garner didnt score better. I thought she was everywhere for large parts of the game but i guess she didnt get the tackle numbers i would've expected in the inclement conditions. Same problem for Riddell, okay numbers but without the tackles. Hopefully your weekend takes a turn for the better after tonight!
I didn’t watch but Garner seems to struggle second halves. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure why I ever bothered trading

R1 in: Yorston, McGrath, Dowrick
R1 out: Prespakis, Wales, Barba

R2 in: Smith, Parker, Randall
R2 out: Yorston, Patrikios, Grider

R3 in: Wales, Skepper, Levicki
R3 out: McGrath, Fleming, McCormick

Genuinely better off if I'd never traded. Wales -> McGrath only to flip back 2 weeks later, Prespakis -> Yorston could be one of the all time fail trades (didn't buy into her R1 68 with 2 goals and mainly playing forward. FFS)

Genuinely better off if I'd never traded. Wales -> McGrath only to flip back 2 weeks later, Prespakis -> Yorston could be one of the all time fail trades (didn't buy into her R1 68 with 2 goals and mainly playing forward. FFS)

Same
Lakay to McGrath was a big waste!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the knowledge you had at the time, what do you think you should have done after round 1? I'm guessing your starting team was right up against the cap and you did your Prespakis trade to fund the gap between your rookies and the rookies you were bringing in. I'm also guessing you had a pretty big round one since you used your trades on fixing your bench.

In hindsight, trading someone else to clear up the money would probably have been better, but you had no way of knowing what Prespakis' role would be going forward. Nor could you have possibly known that Tam Luke would do her ACL at the start of round 2, leaving Wales to ruck the rest of the game (and near all of the next one). I doubt you have many regrets about moving on from Barba.

So, final question: bad trades or bad luck?

Whelan not named.
For anyone who hasn't seen yet, people were bugging the Swans Twitter and, eventually, they mentioned they'd added her to the injury report:

Aimee Whelan: Right arm injury. Her rehabilitation is going well and is expected to be available for selection in Round 5.

So, apparently available next week. Thanks to the new game times, we won't know if she's named before lockout. Even if she is named, Ham is back and Hamilton should be available again. Whelan may have missed her window to get decent CBAs. Could easily go sub-30 again.

OTOH, they've got Hawthorn next week.

Roberts 39, Goldsworthy 30, Lakay 22 at the half.

Goldsworthy had a great 2nd quarter and im confident she can at least replicate her first half. Roberts went quiet at the end of that quarter but was great up until then. Lakay scored 5 points in the first so ill take 22 at the half after that. Hoping she can get to 55-60

Not watching but scored 18 in second half of quarter. Impressive.

Thought Parker got injured just didn’t touch it for ages
Parker is fine. You'd love a score of 55 while being quiet for 10 minutes. Well on track to crack the 100. Im going to have to think outside the box if i want to trade her in anytime soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back