Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's true, there's a chance that one conference is much stronger than the other - and if they don't use pure wins and losses then they might start ranking the clubs by committee.

Let's say Freo win by 8 goals for the first six weeks, they could potentially suggest that the Freo conference is weaker so the six Freo wins are worth less than the 6 wins to Collingwood - so Collingwood is ranked #1.
A draw can have the exact same vagaries as a "conference" where you only play some teams though.

I like it. No conference. Can't have complaints of a weak draw. If/when we win, it will be definitive. Freo's only stronger than last year too so looking good. Hopefully covid doesn't stuff up the programming.

I like it. No conference. Can't have complaints of a weak draw. If/when we win, it will be definitive. Freo's only stronger than last year too so looking good. Hopefully covid doesn't stuff up the programming.
There are still conferences. Fremantle won't play Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda or the Bulldogs this season unless it's a final.

For a full picture, Fremantle won a single game less than those four teams combined for the whole season. As far as a weak draw goes, we have all of the finalists from last season minus Melbourne and don't play half of the sides that missed the finals at all.

Woo. The only other way they could "even out the competition" would be to have Freo travel and play a team that had an extra day's rest.
... and they did that too

There are still conferences. Fremantle won't play Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda or the Bulldogs this season unless it's a final.

For a full picture, Fremantle won a single game less than those four teams combined for the whole season. As far as a weak draw goes, we have all of the finalists from last season minus Melbourne and don't play half of the sides that missed the finals at all.

Woo. The only other way they could "even out the competition" would be to have Freo travel and play a team that had an extra day's rest.
... and they did that too
Our Fremantle women’s team has shown me that the AFL has no interest in us winning.

Out of fear that Fremantle would have a super team they developed recruiting rules that allowed 7 of the best WA players interstate.

Last year we had a chance to win it but they choose to increase the final format and not decease or shorten it.

Now they give us a horrible draw.

Our Fremantle women’s team has shown me that the AFL has no interest in us winning.

Out of fear that Fremantle would have a super team they developed recruiting rules that allowed 7 of the best WA players interstate.

Last year we had a chance to win it but they choose to increase the final format and not decease or shorten it.

Agree with this 100%.

You sound surprised???

Adam Selwood has quit as WC Head of Female Football... Reckon they have some problems... perhaps the same two people we had problems with at Freo before we turfed them?

He showed his true colours with the Headland incident for mine
Adam Selwood has quit as WC Head of Female Football... Reckon they have some problems... perhaps the same two people we had problems with at Freo before we turfed them?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Won't make the slightest difference - we are going to run away with it this year.

It's all part of the master plan to draw level with the Eagles - in 2023 after our Women complete the threepeat, the men's team will win the big dance and we will draw level with WC on four flags each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t... Houghton is going to tear the AFLW a new one next year.

There's also a pic gallery from yesterday's training if you missed it btw...

Holy sh*t... Houghton is going to tear the AFLW a new one next year.

There's also a pic gallery from yesterday's training if you missed it btw...

Love her to bits, be nice if she focused on her kicking a little though

Won't make the slightest difference - we are going to run away with it this year.

It's all part of the master plan to draw level with the Eagles - in 2023 after our Women complete the threepeat, the men's team will win the big dance and we will draw level with WC on four flags each.
On my count we'll be 2 flags more than the flogs by then.

Reading that about Gemma reminds me of seeing her brother absolutely lag behind at a training session I went to in his second preseason and then collapsing to his knees in the centre square and spewing up. I think he got delisted at the end of that season - I wonder if Gemma has learnt from him? She certainly seems more dedicated to fitness.

No surprises in Courtney Rowley, Charlotte Thomas and Amy Franklin being the 3 WA players to be part of the AFLW Academy next year.

If Rowley isn't on Freo's list this time next year I'll be a little devo. All three are excellent prospects though.

My favourite pics
19612A69-8CE2-4707-A97C-F96A2F177AF5.jpeg
Getting double teamed by Turbo and KJ our top two tacklers from 2020 (KJ 2nd in comp maybe?)! Kudos to Webb for getting the handball away (or maybe knocked out in the tackle, but I’m going with option 1).

25FEC862-D1D8-49D9-A910-929B50C1141E.jpeg
So good to see Steph Cain fit and healthy 😊

7FE78AED-18ED-4AB2-94C4-593DF240667B.jpeg
Breaking a Turbo tackle.😲 I got a feeling KAntonio’s going to have her best season on the field yet.

6D3A3C01-1BD9-42FA-8C90-E13F75899B1C.jpeg
Pughy tries to get a hand on Roxy, but Rocket’s having none of it!

2C4BF879-1B04-44A4-AD53-6EB34FED635C.jpeg
Cutie ☺

Saw some footage of our mids doing some game sims yesterday. Looking really good. Steph Cain returning is going to help. Bowers, KAntonio, Miller, Grieve etc... look very switched on and focussed.

No surprises in Courtney Rowley, Charlotte Thomas and Amy Franklin being the 3 WA players to be part of the AFLW Academy next year.

If Rowley isn't on Freo's list this time next year I'll be a little devo. All three are excellent prospects though.

Wha
My favourite pics
View attachment 1029781
Getting double teamed by Turbo and KJ our top two tacklers from 2020 (KJ 2nd in comp maybe?)! Kudos to Webb for getting the handball away (or maybe knocked out in the tackle, but I’m going with option 1).

View attachment 1029782
So good to see Steph Cain fit and healthy 😊

View attachment 1029783
Breaking a Turbo tackle.😲 I got a feeling KAntonio’s going to have her best season on the field yet.

View attachment 1029784
Pughy tries to get a hand on Roxy, but Rocket’s having none of it!

View attachment 1029785
Cutie ☺
Looking the pics, the players seem to have decreased skin folds.

No shocks but we're named in this video.

Sarah Black calling Carlton as premiers. Calling North/Carlton GF because we have an asterix from having too many home games last season.
* off Sarah Black.

I follow her on Twitter, and if you’re not on the eastern seaboard you don’t exist. If you’re eastern seaboard but not Melbourne, she has a vague awareness that you’re there, but otherwise she’s one of the most Vic-centric AFLW ‘journos’/watchers/commentators that there are. Her disrespect and continued ‘we have to wait for Freo to play away from home before we rate them’, and her inability to even pronounce our ‘best player’s’ name (she probably only knows half a dozen of them), is both insulting and laughable, and she kinda makes me a little nauseated.

She used to engage with me when I’d reply to her tweets about something great a Vic player, with a ‘terrific but this Freo player did this’, and she’d be ‘oh yes, but...’
Now I just tweet - have you forgotten about the team who was undefeated in 2020, and has been 13-2 since the end of 2018? Or - ‘5 of Freo’s last 13 wins have been away wins’ or ‘Freo have won 66% of games away from home the last two seasons’.

She ignores me. But I won’t stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back