Women's Footy AFLW season 2023 - Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Nikki Nield (Gore) really fell straight out of favour this year - delisted

Airlie to be delisted and relisted, wouldn't mind somebody taking her but she's best friends (or?) with the skipper so assume she will be back here

what about a marking coach towards that end?

I think we would get more value out of having the barely teenage girls in school spending an hour a day kicking and catching that we will full time with full time adult professionals.

I think the best we can hope for are better choices made on where to kick and maybe some bodywork prior to contact.

Published today:
The Herald Sun is aware of players who believed they deserved to be tier-three. But after being offered a tier-four contract they chose to move from Western Australia to Victoria for tier-three status.

Only five AFLW players have ever been traded, or moved via expansion free agency, from Western Australia to Victoria:
  • Mikayla Bowen (WCE to Geel)
  • Grace Kelly (WCE to StK)
  • Stephanie Cain (Frem to Ess)
  • Tahlia Read (Frem to Carl)
  • Mikayla Hyde (Frem to Coll)

Bowen and Cain obviously would've been asking/offered minimum Tier 2, and Read is yet to play a game.

So, noting the plural, that article seems to point towards Kelly and Hyde.

Hi all, you are invited to the main board AFLW Draft Night discussion thread

Holly Ifould from south australia

And runnalls, apparently runnalls was raised in trade talks but she didn't want to leave, hope we didn't keep her just to secure the skipper...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Airlie is one of our better players.

Respectfully disagree there. Her strength is that she can run, a bit, but not quick with all the ball handling composure of someone taking a potato out of the microwave that is burning their hands.

She needs to be bigger to play like that.

Respectfully disagree there. Her strength is that she can run, a bit, but not quick with all the ball handling composure of someone taking a potato out of the microwave that is burning their hands.

She needs to be bigger to play like that.
You just described half of our players, Airlie does that but so do a lot of the players at least she can kick it straight.

I don't now. Feels difficult to get excited about next season. Can't see a lot of improved from our list changes. And a few other teams will probably get better with us being average already.

And no Roxy anymore.

I don't now. Feels difficult to get excited about next season. Can't see a lot of improved from our list changes. And a few other teams will probably get better with us being average already.

And no Roxy anymore.
Tbh we actually improved quite a bit

And other teams have become worse

Ngl wce have a more exciting list than us now, their young core is very very exciting but we should be a better team next year

Our 3 recruits + Morro come straight into the team, I could even see Ifould in too

Would love your thoughts on Sergeant as our new pick up guys, cheers.
Immediate reaction is that it's a terrible call for her to still be playing AFLW

Paddy mccartin and max Lynch were forced out of the game and Tildi should be aswell

Way too many concussions, she could really regret this further in life and it's not even the crazy money that the men get to set herself up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back