Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo AFLW on Instagram posting to their story. Did I just hear the social media team bleep out something Amy Lavell said?

Wasn’t having a crack at you. Reread the tweet and you’ll know what I mean.😜 And Hooker?
Yeah makes no sense - but our social media person is playing at the moment lol

Sounds like WC got off to a flyer, and Freo look set to run over them at the end.

Damn it. A loss is exactly what you want in pre-season to get the girls fired up for Rd 1.

Just wandered down for the second quarter. Strong breeze, we kicked 3 goals to their one. Gemma kicked two (I think the breeze saved her from a point on one).

Kiara tackling everything and Dana has been on the receiving side a few times.

Gemma and Ebony dominating. The ruck is also showing good signs.

O’Driscoll full points for wearing the most fluro pink footy boots I have seen
You still there sir? :)

Sounds like WC got off to a flyer, and Freo look set to run over them at the end.

Damn it. A loss is exactly what you want in pre-season to get the girls fired up for Rd 1.
Yeah nah. It’s the weags. Gotta keep little sister in her place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WC tweets are great reading them in order.

Q1: " The preseason training looks to be paying off! Aisling McCarthy has been dominant up forward with 3 goals! "

Q2: "Our forwards have been dangerous all game! Captains Our Emma Swanson & Dana Hooker look ready for a big 2021!"

Q3: " Someone should tell these sides it's just a scratch match! Plenty of feeling out there in such a close contest!"

Q4: "If WE kept scores, Freo took the 'choccies' "

https://twitter.com/WestCoastEagles/status/1350273921761742849/photo/1

You still there sir? :)

Yep did go back for the second half, not a bad quality scratchie but the wind just kept getting worse almost felt sorry for the boundary umpires who were struggling to throw the ball in.

Gemma outstanding, but rested for the last quarter as her work was done. Only scored one goal in the last quarter without her.

Like the ruck women, hope she can be added to our squad.

Dana finally got her revenge on Kiara by elbowing her in the back whilst she was going for a Mark. She was down for a while but did recover. No injuries that I am aware of and Ebony did the after game media.

a lot of love between the teams after the game, I have never seen so many hugs and lifting members of the other team off the ground. I presume teammates from the wafl league.

Difficult to establish who some players were because we were outside the ground.

Last edited:
Yep did go back for the second half, not a bad quality scratchie but the wind just kept getting worse almost felt sorry for the boundary umpires who were struggling to throw the ball in.

Gemma outstanding, but rested for the last quarter as her work was done. We did not score a goal in the last quarter without her.

Like the ruck women, hope she can be added to our squad.

Dana finally got her revenge on Kiara by elbowing her in the back whilst she was going for a Mark. She was down for a while but did recover. No injuries that I am aware of and Ebony did the after game media.

a lot of love between the teams after the game, I have never seen so many hugs and lifting members of the other team off the ground. I presume teammates from the wafl league.

Difficult to establish who some players were because we were outside the ground.
Great report thank you for sharing!
That Kiara news is a worry, normally she doesn’t play scratchies it would be a disaster if she got injured in one :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back