Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stewart seems a lock for R1.

No mention of Morrison, which is a little weird.
Stewart has been getting a lot of love on the Freo/FreoW Instagram, and has had a couple of mentions on the AFLW site also. Fingers crossed it’s a big year for her. She’s a really down-to-earth lovely girl. 👍🏽

Morrison has been copping a bit of heat about ‘dating a criminal’ and ‘getting a covid test’ (not in a funny way) on Instagram after she (someone) posted a photo of her and Sydney Stack getting all loved up.

Stewart has been getting a lot of love on the Freo/FreoW Instagram, and has had a couple of mentions on the AFLW site also. Fingers crossed it’s a big year for her. She’s a really down-to-earth lovely girl. 👍🏽

Morrison has been copping a bit of heat about ‘dating a criminal’ and ‘getting a covid test’ (not in a funny way) on Instagram after she (someone) posted a photo of her and Sydney Stack getting all loved up.
Also, Morrison had to have her appendix out and they haven't put a time frame on her return!

the lack of respect is mind blowing - can we go toe to toe with the top teams?? We are the top team!!
11. Can North Melbourne win on the back of some real travel?

No one can deny that North Melbourne had a strong 2020, having won all but their first game of the season, and having lost that one to finals contenders Melbourne by only 2 points.

The Kangaroos didn’t get the chance to play Fremantle or Brisbane in that 6-1 run and were also helped by a fixture that saw them playing mostly in Victoria, with their only two games outside their home state being played at their home away from home in Tasmania.

While the abolition of the conference system hasn't taken away their two free wins against Richmond and West Coast, the 2021 fixture sees the Kangaroos playing two of their 9 games at venues requiring much further travel than a short skip across the Bass Strait, raising the question of whether North Melbourne can once again go toe to toe with the top teams.

" Unfortunately, Fremantle have been dealt blows with the recent knee injury of Leah Mascall and Mikayla Morrison being hit with a bout of appendicitis."

11. Can North Melbourne win on the back of some real travel?

No one can deny that North Melbourne had a strong 2020, having won all but their first game of the season, and having lost that one to finals contenders Melbourne by only 2 points.

The Kangaroos didn’t get the chance to play Fremantle or Brisbane in that 6-1 run and were also helped by a fixture that saw them playing mostly in Victoria, with their only two games outside their home state being played at their home away from home in Tasmania.

While the abolition of the conference system hasn't taken away their two free wins against Richmond and West Coast, the 2021 fixture sees the Kangaroos playing two of their 9 games at venues requiring much further travel than a short skip across the Bass Strait, raising the question of whether North Melbourne can once again go toe to toe with the top teams.
Roos record last year.

Lost to Melbourne to by 2 points
Won by 2 points against Collingwood
Never played Carlton or Fremantle

North Melbourne didn't play one single away game against an interstate team. They played in Tasmania against interstate teams and away games against Victorian teams.

i know it's just a scratchie but I hope we win well on Sat cause I need the bragging rights (or at least justify a smug look) later that day.

I know it is only logical that we would be playing WC in a scratchie but I have not seen any info about when, where at what time?

I know it is only logical that we would be playing WC in a scratchie but I have not seen any info about when, where at what time?
morning but closed to public (but the fences are see through - can't imagine they would chase you away)

1610598943949.png

Eagles (E-Girls?) practice match team announced. Don't think ours is yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our practice match team:

1 A Sharp 2 K Bowers 3 E O'Driscoll 4 A Stannett 5 S Verrier 6 S Duffy 7 J Stewart 8 E Gooch 12 E Antonio 13 K-J Grieve 14 M Hyde 16 M MacLachlan 17 R Roux 18 P Seth 19 H Miller 20 S Cain 22 G O'Sullivan 23 M Sergeant 26 B Webb 27 G Houghton 29 J Cuthbertson 32 L Pugh 33 T Haynes 44 S Wielstra 55 J Briggs

Notable ommissions are Strom, KAntonio and Williams.

Wielstra as ruck is interesting. Can we pick her up to replace Tighe for the season? (I think North did that a few days ago.)

Edit: Wait, Hyde and Briggs aren't on our list either.

Last edited:
Our practice match team:

1 A Sharp 2 K Bowers 3 E O'Driscoll 4 A Stannett 5 S Verrier 6 S Duffy 7 J Stewart 8 E Gooch 12 E Antonio 13 K-J Grieve 14 M Hyde 16 M MacLachlan 17 R Roux 18 P Seth 19 H Miller 20 S Cain 22 G O'Sullivan 23 M Sergeant 26 B Webb 27 G Houghton 29 J Cuthbertson 32 L Pugh 33 T Haynes 44 S Wielstra 55 J Briggs

Notable ommissions are Strom, KAntonio and Williams.

Wielstra as ruck is interesting. Can we pick her up to replace Tighe for the season? (I think North did that a few days ago.)

Edit: Wait, Hyde and Briggs aren't on our list either.
Where did you get your list from? No mention of MHyde, Wielstra and Briggs on the lists Freo released but does make sense. A bit surprised we haven't replace Mascall on our list yet and will no doubt need to with Tighe now as well.

edit - nevermind, found it on afl.com.au

Last edited:
Where did you get your list from? No mention of MHyde, Wielstra and Briggs on the lists Freo released but does make sense. A bit surprised we haven't replace Mascall on our list yet and will no doubt need to with Tighe now as well.

That was the AFL Media one. Weird our list didn't include them.

Are they trialling Wielstra as an injury replacement? No Tighe (obviously) and Strom left out. AFLW site says Freo at close to full strength, so why the WAFLW players?

Does anybody know about anything the WAFLW players?

Can confirm that I am not muted by Sarah Black (sad that she doesn’t read these forums to know all the lovely kind things I say about her)!
Jess Trend has signed to play for Hawthorn in the VFLW. I asked the lovely Sarah whether Trend was still on our list for 2021. She said that she is on Freo’s ‘inactive list’ for 2021 and she’d been replaced by Maggie Maclachlan, but that she wasn’t sure what this meant from a contract/payment perspective for Trend.

BFFs again!

Can confirm that I am not muted by Sarah Black (sad that she doesn’t read these forums to know all the lovely kind things I say about her)!
Jess Trend has signed to play for Hawthorn in the VFLW. I asked the lovely Sarah whether Trend was still on our list for 2021. She said that she is on Freo’s ‘inactive list’ for 2021 and she’d been replaced by Maggie Maclachlan, but that she wasn’t sure what this meant from a contract/payment perspective for Trend.

BFFs again!
Trend is not playing for personal reasons.

If she is playing for Hawthorn, and therefore whatever the reasons for the changing states has disappeared.

I can see us trading her back to AFLW for a late pick or some crazy pick swaps that benefits both clubs.

Just wandered down for the second quarter. Strong breeze, we kicked 3 goals to their one. Gemma kicked two (I think the breeze saved her from a point on one).

Kiara tackling everything and Dana has been on the receiving side a few times.

Gemma and Ebony dominating. The ruck is also showing good signs.

O’Driscoll full points for wearing the most fluro pink footy boots I have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back