Oppo Camp AFLW general discussions and other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Bec Goddard has been great on comms tonight. Amazing season opener. Richmond's cohesion is brilliant, such a strong midfield

Gawd Tiara Bowers is a jet, reminds me a bit of how Brad Sewell used to play

Last edited:
I wonder where Hawthorns AFLW games will be played especially since Box Hill City Oval will be used by cricket!
The new Kennedy community centre will home the AFLW team and games.

Currently being built.

8A9745D8-A64C-47B3-A798-209BE21B5C75.jpeg

Yes I know in time but I’m talking this season? Where will they play in 22/23. Could they play at Glenferrie Oval?

The original plan was for them in the short term to play at IKON Park, but the options of Frankston, or Port Melbourne (which will soon have lights but need to boot subbies cricket from the ground), could be on the table.

The original plan was for them in the short term to play at IKON Park, but the options of Frankston, or Port Melbourne (which will soon have lights but need to boot subbies cricket from the ground), could be on the table.
That is quite strange as none of those venues are in the Hawthorn catchment area.

Hawthorns NGA area extends into Gippsland so maybe Morwell and Moe can host a game?

That is quite strange as none of those venues are in the Hawthorn catchment area.

Hawthorns NGA area extends into Gippsland so maybe Morwell and Moe can host a game?

IIRC, the original Hawthorn submission from 2017, was that along with IKON Park being home, there would be one or two games in Gippsland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where can be view the submission?
"Key highlights" of the submission are outlined in this article from June 2017:
Regarding home games:
Hawthorn will play its AFLW home games at three different locations; Ikon Park, UTAS stadium and regional Victoria. The club is committed to playing at least one home game in Launceston, with the aim of incorporating this into the club’s Australia Post AFL Community Camp. Hawthorn will also look to grow the game in its in heartland in Melbourne and Victoria’s east with one game to be held at a suitable venue in Gippsland.

Next season is being brought forward to be August-November instead of starting in Jan. So a Hawks women's team is only about half a year away!

Anyone know where the Hawks will play their games before Dingley is ready? Box Hill? Waverly? Somewhere else?

Next season is being brought forward to be August-November instead of starting in Jan. So a Hawks women's team is only about half a year away!

Anyone know where the Hawks will play their games before Dingley is ready? Box Hill? Waverly? Somewhere else?
👆 above.

Is it just me or does Sabrina Frederick lack any sort of athleticism, desperation or perhaps fitness? She just isn’t up to aflw seniors level atm

Thought I'd go down to training today.
Girls seem really happy, which is going to help develop a culture for the club going forward

Was really nice of them to all come over and have a chat after training (although I think it was more an excuse to shower my dogs with affection)

Don't think we have a game thread but that was such a good quarter, see plenty of improvement from last week so far. Unlucky to be just a goal down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back