Game Day AFLW R6: Crows vs Freo @ TIO (NT)

Remove this Banner Ad

She def hit the pies over the off-season. tis all good though, as long as she runs out games and goes in as hard as always..
Don't really agree as they want to play professional sport they should present themselves that way .
Yes know not fully professional but getting a lot more media coverage than local basketball and netball that would not turn up in the shape of many of Crows players and noticed couple have been dropped . Would hope Caven and McLeod become true assistants and push to raise standards of these players.
Because if not a lot of improvement can see a huge drop in crowd and TV viewers support.

jebus - just watched the first half on replay - that mark not paid to Phillips in the goalsquare!!?? The blatantly inconsistent umpiring? I reckon that #10 umpire has umpired our matches poorly before
Been to the Troy Pannell school of umpiring. #BarefacedCheat

Yep she has the goods definitely.
Loved the development work Caven has done with her. You can really see that she plays similarly to him.

She’s also an outstanding big sister. The comments I’ve heard from within the club that if it was a choice between her and Jess playing a game then Sarah would say, pick Jess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit I thought Marinoff looked a bit out of shape at the start of the season. But she isn't playing like she is. Still going in as hard, still running out the games, still a tackling machine.

Yeah, i'd agree with that ....looks heavier, whether that's a bit more muscle as well, not sure ....Television images can be misleading
My daughter benches 90 kg squats 140 and deadlifts 150 and weighs 56kg, that was 6 months ago when i asked her last.
These players shouldnt have rounded shoulders and you shouldnt be able to see skin flapping under their arms when they run. I really expected to see boulder shoulders, especially in a contact sport at this level.

My daughter benches 90 kg squats 140 and deadlifts 150 and weighs 56kg, that was 6 months ago when i asked her last.
These players shouldnt have rounded shoulders and you shouldnt be able to see skin flapping under their arms when they run. I really expected to see boulder shoulders, especially in a contact sport at this level.
Yes, but can your daughter have a busted lip and a facial laceration, requiring a total of 11 stitches, and still play out 2 consecutive games with those injuries?
The point people are making about Marinoff and the extra weight appearance is non-relevant. She's still running out games, still a tackling machine (more tackles than last year), and still a tough cookie! She's a shining light in playing to the spirit of the game.

I found the last quarter frustrating to watch. We were lucky we snagged that goal early in the 4th.
The rest of consisted of Freo getting it into attack, us rebounding it, running out of defense and finding a new way to turn it over again. A bit more polish and we'd have had 10 forward entries from it.

The point people are making about Marinoff and the extra weight appearance is non-relevant. She's still running out games, still a tackling machine (more tackles than last year), and still a tough cookie! She's a shining light in playing to the spirit of the game.
Maybe she'd be even better if she was in super top shape?

Also, is Randall going to win the league MVP?
More votes for this week's game for sure.
The MVP is Randall's to lose this year! Without her tackling, marking and bulldozing opposition players, we'd be dead set bottom of the ladder right now!

Maybe she'd be even better if she was in super top shape?
She might play better, but she might also play worse. How would anyone know? We can only judge her by the things she's done this year by the stats. Stats currently showing her to be kicking ass in the tackling department!

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-03-12/aflw-crows-pair-charged

AFLW: Crows pair charged by Match Review

Adelaide’s Chelsea Randall and Justine Mules have been charged by the AFL Women’s Match Review, but both can accept reprimands with early pleas. Randall was charged with striking Fremantle’s Lisa Webb during the second quarter of Friday night’s four-point win against the Dockers at TIO Stadium in Darwin. The incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head, classified as a one-match sanction. Randall can accept a reprimand with an early plea.
Mules was also charged with striking Webb during the third quarter of the Round 6 match.
The incident was assessed as intentional contact with low impact to the body, classified as a one-match sanction.
Mules is also able to accept a reprimand with an early plea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back