Game Day AFLW Richmond v Collingwood - ROUND 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 14 Feb, 3.10pm (AEDT)
Swinburne Centre
Channel 7, Fox Footy & AFLW app.

Collingwood has made three changes to its line-up for Sunday's clash against Richmond. The round three match will mark the first occasion the Pies and Tigers will meet.

Collingwood's two-time best and fairest winner, Jaimee Lambert will also run out for her 30th AFLW game.
While Magpie fans are unable to attend the match, they can tune in on Channel 7, Fox Footy or stream the game free on the AFLW app from 3pm (AEDT).

The Magpies forward line will be boosted with the addition of 2020 Leading Goal Kicker, Jordan Membrey who's set to make her first appearance of the season.
Joining her up forward is Aliesha Newman who missed last week's match as she served a one-match suspension.
Rounding out the inclusions is third year Magpie, Jordyn Allen. She’ll return to the backline having been a late out from last week’s match due to illness.
Amelia Velardo has been omitted from the match while Sharni Norder will be sidelined with a quad injury.
Erica Fowler and Kristy Stratton are listed as emergencies.
Round two debutant, Joanna Lin has maintain a spot in Sunday's side being named on the wing.

IN: Membrey, Newman, Allen
OUT: Norder, Fowler, Velardo

2021-02-13_191838.jpg

Richmond
B
Bec Miller (15), Harriet Cordner (23)
HB Sarah D’Arcy (12), Phoebe Monahan (2), Iilish Ross (21)
C Kate Dempsey (19), Sarah Hosking (7), Hannah Burchell (9)
HF Courtney Wakefield (8), Ellie McKenzie (22), Katie Brennan (3)
F Tayla Stahl (24), Sabrina Frederick (14)
R Gabby Seymour (28), Kodi Jacques (10), Monique Conti (4)

INT Sarah Sansoentti (18), Tessa Lavey (37), Sarah Dargan (17), Sophie Molan (1), Maddy Brancatisano (5)
EMG: Christina Bernardi (6), Akec Makur Chuot (34)

IN: Tessa Lavey, Sarah Sansonetti

OUT: Christina Bernardi (omitted), Akec Makur Chuot (omitted)

Lets go girls!

Huge game for Bella, with Sharni out. But we should win comfortably.

Will share the load. Alexander most likely given Velardo is omitted.

Razor Ray prominent already - ignores a blatant HTB, then a throw and 2 secs later pays HTB against us. Leads to their 1st goal, just terrific

Been happening for years. We never get htb's yet when we get tackled the umps give us 1 second to get rid of it or we get pinged for htb.

Impressed with Lin's work last week and that half, hard worker and doing just some real helpful 1 percenters

Think we're overly reliant on using Bri, Lambert, Chiocci, Bonicci and Schleicher out of defense at the moment as well, making it difficult to rebound out

Impressed with Lin's work last week and that half, hard worker and doing just some real helpful 1 percenters

Think we're overly reliant on using Bri, Lambert, Chiocci, Bonicci and Schleicher out of defense at the moment as well, making it difficult to rebound out
Also with Molloy needing to come right up the wing to be the leading option it takes away our big focal point up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved that run and carry from Ruby that resulted in an Alexander goal in the first quarter. Kinda reminds me of Darcy Moore.

Could we move Schleicher into the ruck for the second half? We're seeing how important Norder is today

I think that would leave too big a hole in defence. We just need to be clever and shark off the Richmond ruck, like what happens with Grundy and opposition mids.

Also with Molloy needing to come right up the wing to be the leading option it takes away our big focal point up forward.
Yeah, although in fairness I think Alexander is still a strong enough marking option to be a good contingency for is Chloe has pushed up

I know the commentators need to talk up evenness of the contest but when talking about Richmond's missed chances they don't mention the smother on Molloy and Chiocci's great chance.

Or Bonicci’s OOF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back