Autopsy AFLW Round 1, 2023: North Melbourne v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The league is an actual joke so I'm not surprised. They're in the red big time and continue to make stupid decisions, wonder how long it lasts actually.

The league is an actual joke so I'm not surprised. They're in the red big time and continue to make stupid decisions, wonder how long it lasts actually.

AFL prop it up, it'll end like the VFL in a few years and no one will care much about it.

I saw a bit of one of the televised games, it looks a lot better than the last few years. The skills and game style look a lot better.

Sounds like we are still s**t but we never really got set up to succeed. I think the AFL want the big clubs to get good first and then we'll get a few scraps thrown to us.

I saw a bit of one of the televised games, it looks a lot better than the last few years. The skills and game style look a lot better.

Sounds like we are still s**t but we never really got set up to succeed. I think the AFL want the big clubs to get good first and then we'll get a few scraps thrown to us.
The AFLW make it obvious too which just makes the whole thing a bit of a circus

The Saints memberships give you free entry to all the women's matches this year which is a good idea. Might to get to one and give it a go.
I hate to be the one to break it to you but he’s not there anymore.

MqHLy1U.jpg

It's here to stay. And as someone who has a daughter who wants to watch and is excited that girls are playing the game, I'll support it - if you're sitting and watching it comparing to the mens game then that's the wrong approach and you'll never be satisfied.

If you're not happy with the concessions etc the other clubs are getting that is different but I also think the Saints have run a poor program overall. Searle was an experienced coach and while she may have had her reasons to leave, I really don't think Dal has shown much by way of coaching chops so far in 2.2 seasons. You might say he hasn't got the cattle but at the same time we have let some quality players go, and also not looked well enough in our own backyard (Southern Saints).

It's here to stay. And as someone who has a daughter who wants to watch and is excited that girls are playing the game, I'll support it - if you're sitting and watching it comparing to the mens game then that's the wrong approach and you'll never be satisfied.

If you're not happy with the concessions etc the other clubs are getting that is different but I also think the Saints have run a poor program overall. Searle was an experienced coach and while she may have had her reasons to leave, I really don't think Dal has shown much by way of coaching chops so far in 2.2 seasons. You might say he hasn't got the cattle but at the same time we have let some quality players go, and also not looked well enough in our own backyard (Southern Saints).
I don't have a problem with the league being here nor do I compare it to the mens game. I'm simply saying that the AFL have propped other clubs up massively whilst basically ignored others. That's the joke of the league I'm talking about. It's so blatantly unfair and they don't bother to hide it.

Back