Autopsy AFLW Round 4, 2022 (S7): Gold Coast v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Timekeeper didn't stop the clock after the down field.

Noticed that as well, harkened back to me yelling at my colleague to stop the bloody clock cause a whistle went and him doing everything but.

Full Time

Saints 4 - 4 - 28
Suns 5 - 12 - 42

Goals: Caitlin Greiser 2
Jess Matin 1
Kate Shierlaw 1

14 point loss. 2nd quarter killed us.

THE AFLW need to sort their s**t out about time-on in games, When the Saints player got a downfield free , the clock kept running despite it being less than 2 minutes to go. The umpire then set the Saints player on the mark THEN BLEW TIME ON but the clock was still running!!!

It actually cost us the game last year vs GWS

THE AFLW need to sort their s**t out about time-on in games, When the Saints player got a downfield free , the clock kept running despite it being less than 2 minutes to go. The umpire then set the Saints player on the mark THEN BLEW TIME ON but the clock was still running!!!

Some AFLW special-comments and players say it should be 20minutes flat without time-on. That's just not going to work. Too much time wasted not playing footy, that's why time-on was introduced in the first place in the men's.

The gametime needs to be longer, and time-on applied across the entire match. The issue is the staggering attrition rate of bodies going down. It might improve a little going full-time, but mostly I think we just have to live with it. So list sizes will need to increase as well. Will the AFL put the money in for full-time and larger lists to improve the quality of their game?

It actually cost us the game last year vs GWS
The AFL is taking the piss with the general profesionalism of the AFLW. The umpires are of a level of the lower amateur divisions and this seems to extend with the time keepers as well.

Either make it 15 minutes with time on a standard 20 minute quarter and increase it to a 17 game season. Its just a mess otherwise.

Priest and Jakobsson did it alone today. Alice Burke and Xenos tried. The rest didn't get a look in, unfortunately. Totally outplayed, physically and mentally.

Dalla was appointed without actually having coached a side previously. Just done some academy work. Clearly a terrible appointment - we obviously didn't pick the best coach for the job. We picked an old boy. Made it pretty clear that our club isn't taking this seriously.

Mate, we could hardly field a team today. Highly unlikely that most clubs manage to pick the best anyway. Dal has already done well with what he has. We're still a young list and don't have AFLW bodies. Take Rowbottom from the Suns and into our team, that'd make a difference. I can only think that we didn't go hard enough for her.

Mate, we could hardly field a team today. Highly unlikely that most clubs manage to pick the best anyway. Dal has already done well with what he has. We're still a young list and don't have AFLW bodies. Take Rowbottom from the Suns and into our team, that'd make a difference. I can only think that we didn't go hard enough for her.

Once she nominated Qld she was off limits to us. If she hadnt, most likely Geelong would have picked her and we'd have got Georgie Prespakis. As it turned out we got Ella Friend at Pick 4, who has been OK but nothing like the impact of the other two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we tried to go hard for her, we had Vic pick 2 so were at mercy to what Geelong were going to do.

Some AFLW special-comments and players say it should be 20minutes flat without time-on. That's just not going to work. Too much time wasted not playing footy, that's why time-on was introduced in the first place in the men's.

The gametime needs to be longer, and time-on applied across the entire match. The issue is the staggering attrition rate of bodies going down. It might improve a little going full-time, but mostly I think we just have to live with it. So list sizes will need to increase as well. Will the AFL put the money in for full-time and larger lists to improve the quality of their game?

For mine, gametime remains stagnant until bodies catch up developmental wise, any extension will just lead to further attrition in that space. They needed to twig the rules a tad for mine, as lets say a majority of injuries are players getting taken to ground and their bodies buckling under loads, so instead tweak things so players stand instead of taking to ground so simply have a more lets say 1v1 sort of aspect instead of rolling maul like the mens by navigating the field and maybe engaging netball restrictions a bit in a way.

Since they don't want to teach or slowly amend things to maybe make it a tad safer or there being less forceful impacts for example, then they just need to have umps & admin in lockstep to control narrative so players have to adapt or fall by the wayside. Since they have neither at present and are just mirroring the mens and well, tough s**t, there be bodies leaving most weeks, random errors of time or score or something admin wise and nothing will change each season except more bodies for the furnace.

Once she nominated Qld she was off limits to us. If she hadnt, most likely Geelong would have picked her and we'd have got Georgie Prespakis. As it turned out we got Ella Friend at Pick 4, who has been OK but nothing like the impact of the other two.

Even if we tried to go hard for her, we had Vic pick 2 so were at mercy to what Geelong were going to do.

Yeah, you're both right. Even if the Suns didn't chase Rowbottom, they would've done the same thing with Prespakis. The only way one of them would've come to us is if we AND the Cats paid off their mortgages etc...

For mine, gametime remains stagnant until bodies catch up developmental wise, any extension will just lead to further attrition in that space. They needed to twig the rules a tad for mine, as lets say a majority of injuries are players getting taken to ground and their bodies buckling under loads, so instead tweak things so players stand instead of taking to ground so simply have a more lets say 1v1 sort of aspect instead of rolling maul like the mens by navigating the field and maybe engaging netball restrictions a bit in a way.

Since they don't want to teach or slowly amend things to maybe make it a tad safer or there being less forceful impacts for example, then they just need to have umps & admin in lockstep to control narrative so players have to adapt or fall by the wayside. Since they have neither at present and are just mirroring the mens and well, tough s**t, there be bodies leaving most weeks, random errors of time or score or something admin wise and nothing will change each season except more bodies for the furnace.

Their knees are also just buckling under their own weight. Look at our match with the Hawks, Luke lands on one leg in the first five seconds, ACL done. Can't blame fatigue or a bad tackle there. Then same thing with Van Dyk, just landed on one leg, ACL done.

I mentioned in another thread whether we could look at working with some ballerinas or gymnasts because there seems to be some trouble with landing technique. Or maybe too top heavy and the knees can't cope. They seem to find new ways of killing ACLs each week! I don't know the answer, but it's now getting like the last days of a war when the human factor is forgotten and the next bunch of bodies are sent in.

That was the most St Kilda like performance I've seen.

Positioning and tactics were awful.

With the wind - get it to your best kicks, in to the wind get it to your best kicks.

Matin, is clearly the best kick in the team, didn't see her in the 2nd quarter.

Ella Friend was taken to hospital post-game for an x-ray on her chest after receiving a knock, while Erin McKinnon was treated for heatstroke at the final siren.

There might be a couple more debuts next week. Pretty awesome that Friend came back on and played out the match.

Ella Friend was taken to hospital post-game for an x-ray on her chest after receiving a knock, while Erin McKinnon was treated for heatstroke at the final siren.

There might be a couple more debuts next week. Pretty awesome that Friend came back on and played out the match.
Should get Fitzpatrick back next week. Otherwise, all we have is the two draftees who are still at school.

Terrible fixturing from the AFL - 12 hours travel to get to this game then a 5 day turnaround for our next game.

Back