Autopsy AFLW Round 8, 2022: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Suns

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished in the garden for the day. Had shower. Put roast on and grabbed a beer in the shed and turned the tv on. Thought we were a 5.10 start. Typical.
Anyway. Well done Dal and girls. Deserved it after last week.

Does anyone know why we didn't pick up Tara Bohanna after her b/f in Saints VFLW last year?

Hehe, I've been asking that all year! Still no idea who was in charge of our list management. Traded Kelly and Whitfort for nothing, after Whitfort was named in the AFLPAs U22 squad. Not saying they're world beaters, but would've made some difference for us this season.

One of the most beautiful things in footy is the raw emotion of a win to break the duck of a winless season.

Those wins in a down year are so sweet. As Saints fans we know all about them.

Well done Sainters!

Lots of tears, I think I even saw some as Perkins marked in front, it would've broken a few if that went in. How much it means to all of them, they're a special group of people. Very well deserved win.

Congrats to Richards, Friend and L.Burke on their first win, Priest for her first win as captain, and Dal Santo for his first win as coach. I think we have the most "Last 2 minutes" videos on afl.com.au this year haha

Lots of tears, I think I even saw some as Perkins marked in front, it would've broken a few if that went in. How much it means to all of them, they're a special group of people. Very well deserved win.

Congrats to Richards, Friend and L.Burke on their first win, Priest for her first win as captain, and Dal Santo for his first win as coach. I think we have the most "Last 2 minutes" videos on afl.com.au this year haha
I missed the match but just caught up on my commute home. Got a little misty eyed on the train when the girls sang the song. It’s so good to see how much they love the club and care about the game.

Listen to exon speak to marshy about the carlton and gws losses, she almost starts crying reliving them. Imagine how good they all felt today

I missed the match but just caught up on my commute home. Got a little misty eyed on the train when the girls sang the song. It’s so good to see how much they love the club and care about the game.

Listen to exon speak to marshy about the carlton and gws losses, she almost starts crying reliving them. Imagine how good they all felt today

congratulations everyone, a very deserved win, gutsy

finally a bit of luck going the Saints way, well done Sainters

Finally! I've been dying for some womens team analysis. The AFL and mainstream podcasts give the Saints next to zero air time, and when they do it's superficial at best. Great stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this on Google podcasts, cos I can't find it there?

Good old fashioned destroyation by Brisbane. On track for the highest ever AFLW score
That should see us off the bottom of the ladder :thumbsu:

That should see us off the bottom of the ladder :thumbsu:

This could be great. If the Blues beat GWS right now, we could dodge the spoon and still get the best Vic pick after the new clubs. If the Blues lose, they have the Suns next week and could win that.

We'll have a tougher task against the Cats, but definitely winnable.

Good to hear Nat explain the 50m penalty. Exon said that the free was paid against Shierlaw, and the club/players have seen the footage from another non-fox camera. Shierlaw was running back to be the tall in defence, Suns player blocks her off the ball. Exon says the Suns player dragged Shierlaw down first.

Worse than the result is the lack of action on this incident. Absolute silence from all. We only get the media publishing, "Only the Saints can lose that". F*cking disgrace.

Nat also pointed out the time clock not ticking down which gave the Giants an extra 20+ seconds, and Lucas-Rodd's goal that was paid as touched, everyone else knew it wasn't touched. Thank heavens she won't be silenced. I don't think players should be fined for speaking up when they are merely telling the truth.

Finally! I've been dying for some womens team analysis. The AFL and mainstream podcasts give the Saints next to zero air time, and when they do it's superficial at best. Great stuff

Is this on Google podcasts, cos I can't find it there?
It’s great work by Marshy and the Saints TV team. He’s got such genuine passion for the team as well as getting on a cohost from the playing list 2 years in a row. We get insight into the girls’ routine and mindset like no other media. We also get guest appearances from other players too.

This is the sort of media work the saints should be doing. Glad they’re finally understanding that integrating the fan media like Saints TV can be hugely beneficial to all.

Not sure if on google podcasts, I always go through Spotify.

FWIW Shierlaw's awesome running goal from the pocket that was taken off her for running too far, it was 13 steps. The umps just don't have a feel for the game. I know she's tall and the rule is 15m, but no one pays that. Cripps runs 30m without bouncing and the umpires turn a blind eye.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Back