AFLX Is coming

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the target audience is most likely the millennials who will be taking over our membership spots in years to come. Faster, lots of goals, more action, etc.

Even FIFA at the moment is attempting to trial age old rule changes (something we all thought would never happen) to try and appease the new generations expectations.

I'm happy to watch the AFLX trials this year to see how it works out. If it flops then nothing lost.

Bet all you blokes bagging it still watch.
It's going to be terrible, but it's going to be mandatory to watch atlas a quarter or so.
I'll be tuning in to the Richmond game simply for the fact that I am a Richmond fan, and I want to visually see what this concept looks like. I expect it to be completely trash, but I still need to see it with my own eyes to have a propper opinion on it.

Why do people keep saying this ? What are the extra risks involved over a normal practice game ?
I'd rather see them get injured playing the actual game they are employed to play.
Seeing injuries in this would be like seeing them get injured in AFLCurling. It's a different sport!

I'd rather see them get injured playing the actual game they are employed to play.
Seeing injuries in this would be like seeing them get injured in AFLCurling. It's a different sport!

Why ? will they recover faster ?

Why ? will they recover faster ?
There will atleast be an applicable reason to what they are doing. This is an expansion gimmick, one that we dont need to be doing.

What people dont realise is the more succesful AFLX is, especially internationally, the more the dipshits at AFL headquarters will try to mimic it with the real AFL and adjust the game to be similar.

All they care about is money. If AFLX takes off internationally it = changes in our traditional game.

Alright old man, put your teeth back in.

Old man? I'm 31 years old and AFLX has ruined my life.

hqdefault.jpg

Alright old man, put your teeth back in.

A smaller field with less players. What is so clunky about it?

On cross-examination he clarified that he was referring to how "it seemed" it was developed (i.e. "thrown together" and "rushed" etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do people think this will go if it's a rating's success?

As of last night they still haven't awarded broadcast rights to AFLX so it won't be a ratings success or failure, it will be a 30 second spot on the nightly news.

Oh sh1t another thread of NoobPie dropping in sh1t charts and bluster about why everyone should get on board the latest AFL thought bubble!

Stick to 17-5

Don't worry, still on that one too

Can't help that good creative ideas attract reactionary deadsh1ts....that's the common denominator from where I'm sitting

There will atleast be an applicable reason to what they are doing. This is an expansion gimmick, one that we dont need to be doing.

What people dont realise is the more succesful AFLX is, especially internationally, the more the dipshits at AFL headquarters will try to mimic it with the real AFL and adjust the game to be similar.

All they care about is money. If AFLX takes off internationally it = changes in our traditional game.

You're reading way too much into it.

This is just to appease the coaches, who only want 2 fixtured pre-season games and Foxtel who paid for 3 and want something to show.

A max of 15mins per player on a small field with zero care factor is much preferable a full pre-season game on some country ground as far as injury risk is concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back